devolution

Poll

If you are reporting a bug, follow these steps to assist us in finding the cause of your bug

1. Delete the "gamelog.txt" file from your game folder to clear it.
2. Run the game as you normally would until it crashes.
3. Create a zip file with your savegame and your "gamelog.txt" files.
4. Post your bug report with details of how and when you get the crash.
5. Attach the zip file to your report.

Author Topic: Crazy and PP's mod bug thread  (Read 619432 times)

Offline Pintero

Re: Crazy and PP's mod bug thread
« Reply #165 on: March 20, 2014, 04:35:19 PM »

There already. ;)

Awesome, thanks! I totally started playing this game again just because I thought I could do that but it's ok, still loving the game.

Another thing that'd be cool is if you could have girls work anywhere so, the brothel, the studio, your house, just make it more "across the board" instead of "one or the other". That and the gangs would be nice to see fleshed out. I'm thinking like a "Gangsters" kind of thing where you have more direct and involved (if you so desire) control over your gang aspect sand even interacting with the city itself (mayor, politicians, opinion polls, etc).

Offline Pintero

« Reply #166 on: March 21, 2014, 07:15:47 PM »
Another bug popped up:

I have a girl "warming" the bed in my house. There was a "debug" that said "ERROR: she has a loss of -100 gold Please report this to the pink petal team" etc.
The summary said " You tell her she is going to warm your bed tonight. She is totally in love with you and doesn't want as much money"

Offline unusual_desires

« Reply #167 on: March 26, 2014, 02:43:17 AM »
beast catcher job seems to crash the game in .05h

Offline ShadowMage

« Reply #168 on: March 26, 2014, 02:31:21 PM »
beast catcher job seems to crash the game in .05h

Where did you get the h version from? The download link is for the .05g version
http://www.pinkpetal.org/index.php?topic=953.0

Offline unusual_desires

« Reply #169 on: March 26, 2014, 10:17:01 PM »
Where did you get the h version from? The download link is for the .05g version
http://www.pinkpetal.org/index.php?topic=953.0

from here
Okay haven't giving an update in a long time so here goes.  As I may have said before my job is crazy sometimes I can months without having time to code any.  Other times I can code all I want to.  Right now its kinda in the no time.  But I would like to get a this new version out for you all to try.  So heres a list of new things in it but I know Im forgetting some.1- A job rating system.  Note that its only for jobs that need it and that are in the brothel.  I havent done it for any other buildings.2- New text for jobs.  Hall jobs have over 30 new things that can be said in the turn summary thanks to hewhocums.  Other jobs might have a few some have none.3- The job rework was bugged and i didnt know it until I did the job rating system.  So they are all fixed and work as intened now.  They still need some more balancing but working right now.4- HTML for some of the screens.  SO u need to make sure u copy everything into the folder u use not just the .exe5- A are u sure when u hit quit type thing.  It pops up and asks OK or cancel it okay to go to main menu.6- New jobs in most buildings...  I cant remember what was in last release so yeah lolLink- https://mega.co.nz/#!NgokGQQY!e4TDHiZZX1qNiag4Iej0ZCbiZ7isjY-FuR5lIpVbcIcAnyway hoping to finish the text for jobs then try and clean up somethings and take a look at what to do next then.  Its also very important that u use this whole update or the game wont work right.

Offline hewhocumsbynight

• All Hail the Crimson King!
« Reply #170 on: April 14, 2014, 01:16:44 AM »
I am experiencing some flavor of reoccuring bug that keeps shutting down WM on the "Next Week" push, and no obvious solution has presented itself.  Gamelog is attached.
My MEGA folder can be found at:  https://mega.co.nz/#F!EYhAgTyI!keiMX47NrnGOEozwNb2Vfg

Torrent link of my version, effective September, 2016:  magnet:?xt=urn:btih:4606F11A1C216337D7F3DFD6716307F48CFB996A&dn=WhoreMaster.06.02.29&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.openbittorrent.com%3a80

Offline Lurker

« Reply #171 on: April 14, 2014, 09:13:05 PM »
I am experiencing some flavor of reoccuring bug that keeps shutting down WM on the "Next Week" push, and no obvious solution has presented itself.  Gamelog is attached.

Had this issue myself. For some reason i thought it had something to do with the studio but I cant remember why... I -think- I could go on to the next week after removing all girls from the studio but this was a while ago so yeah.. Can't remeber. Gonna see if i can replicate it.

Offline hewhocumsbynight

• All Hail the Crimson King!
« Reply #172 on: April 14, 2014, 11:14:17 PM »
Had this issue myself. For some reason i thought it had something to do with the studio but I cant remember why... I -think- I could go on to the next week after removing all girls from the studio but this was a while ago so yeah.. Can't remeber. Gonna see if i can replicate it.
Thanks for the advice, Lurker, but it didn't take.  I am very interested in what you might come up with, though!  Also, your latest packs have been awesome.
My MEGA folder can be found at:  https://mega.co.nz/#F!EYhAgTyI!keiMX47NrnGOEozwNb2Vfg

Torrent link of my version, effective September, 2016:  magnet:?xt=urn:btih:4606F11A1C216337D7F3DFD6716307F48CFB996A&dn=WhoreMaster.06.02.29&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.openbittorrent.com%3a80

Offline Otaku_Hanzo

« Reply #173 on: April 14, 2014, 11:48:35 PM »
I've been playing a lot lately and looking through the code experimenting with all sorts of stuff. I have yet to get a Next Week crash. Lurker's thoughts on the Studio might not be far off though. The only time the game has ever crashed on me was after Next Week while reading the turn summary and I go to click on the Studio for it's update. Three times in the past two weeks it crashes right there. No indication as to why. I always save now before going through the summary just in case. Other than that, no problems except from my own experimenting and certain issues with the coding in areas that I'm trying to tweak.
"I may grow old but I will never grow up." ~Mark Twain

Offline Zangril

« Reply #174 on: April 20, 2014, 12:55:42 PM »
I was having Samta warm my bed and I got an error that said #DEBUG# ERROR: She had a loss of -25 gold.  Please report this to the Pink Petal Team.. etc.

I tried it with another girl and it worked fine.

Offline Zangril

« Reply #175 on: April 20, 2014, 10:40:10 PM »
I found another bug. I don't exactly know what happened, but I had sent someone to the dungeon from the studio. She put up a fight and my guards killed her. Her dead body stayed in the studio, but was also in the dungeon. I tried to send someone else to the dungeon and she went on her own, but she was also still in the studio. So, I advance to the next week and about 4 of my girls I had in the studio are missing. So, I didn't save it, I quite the game and loaded it back up, but the girls were still missing. The dead body was still in the dungeon though.

Offline aevojoey

• Thats ok, I'm used to disappointment.
« Reply #176 on: April 23, 2014, 04:32:39 PM »
I was having Samta warm my bed and I got an error that said #DEBUG# ERROR: She had a loss of -25 gold.  Please report this to the Pink Petal Team.. etc.

I tried it with another girl and it worked fine.

I have been looking through the source code from crazys-wm-mod.googlecode.com
This problem is most likely caused by missing brackets in the WorkPersonalBedWarmer.cpp file.
Code: [Select]
else
            {    // corrected missing brackets
                message += "She can't stand the sight of you and demands way more money to lay with you at night.\n\n";
                wages = +250;
            }    // corrected missing brackets
The missing brackets cause the code after it to fail.
Fixing the game is a better game than actually playing it.
Get the Current Version <|> Discuss the Game <|> Report a bug

Offline crazy

« Reply #177 on: April 23, 2014, 10:21:13 PM »
The missing brackets cause the code after it to fail.
Nice catch but still dont seem to fix it.  Thats why I put the if wages drop below 0 that wages = 25 in the code..  My guess is they are playing an older version.  I still can't figure out what cause the actually problem is though.  But with that work around people shouldn't be getting the error

Offline aevojoey

• Thats ok, I'm used to disappointment.
« Reply #178 on: April 24, 2014, 12:02:11 PM »
Comparing my code and the original, I found I had also moved the disobey check out of the if slave/else check.
Not sure if it was intended to only allow non-slaves to be able to disobey but I would figure the disobey check itself would take that into account?

Also found that if a free girl likes you she gets paid -25 instead of 25 less
wages = -25;
changed it to
wages -= 25;
as it was she would get paid 50 because of the if(wages < 0) wages = 50; if she liked you and gave you the discount.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2014, 12:19:23 PM by aevojoey »
Fixing the game is a better game than actually playing it.
Get the Current Version <|> Discuss the Game <|> Report a bug

Offline crazy

« Reply #179 on: April 25, 2014, 12:13:21 AM »
wages = -25;
changed it to
wages -= 25;
Wow can't belive i missed that all this time..  Higher pay was also messed up but its fixed now thanks.
Comparing my code and the original
What all have u changed?
« Last Edit: April 25, 2014, 01:09:56 AM by crazy »