devolution

Poll

If you are reporting a bug, follow these steps to assist us in finding the cause of your bug

1. Delete the "gamelog.txt" file from your game folder to clear it.
2. Run the game as you normally would until it crashes.
3. Create a zip file with your savegame and your "gamelog.txt" files.
4. Post your bug report with details of how and when you get the crash.
5. Attach the zip file to your report.

Author Topic: Crazy and PP's mod bug thread  (Read 619477 times)

Offline aevojoey

• Thats ok, I'm used to disappointment.
Re: Crazy and PP's mod bug thread
« Reply #690 on: January 20, 2015, 08:44:20 AM »
Another bug that you might not have caught, girls aren't receiving the "Your Daughter" trait when they come of age.
Already fixed it yesterday, will be in the next version.

Also, I've reported it several times, but girls in the brothel whore job are having group sex even though it is restricted. Bug?
Restrictions are a buggy thing.
Everything needs to be rewritten to include them so they may not get fixed right away.
Because I personally don't use restrictions, I don't usually see them not working so it takes longer for them to get fixed.

Another thing, when you use the "reward" command, she doesn't actually receive any money. I checked with spies.
That is handled by one of the scripts.
It usually takes a little more time to fix those.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2015, 10:43:21 AM by aevojoey »
Fixing the game is a better game than actually playing it.
Get the Current Version <|> Discuss the Game <|> Report a bug

Offline deadkingblue

« Reply #691 on: January 21, 2015, 04:41:14 AM »
Girls unequip certain items imediately after you click next week (effect from equiped item is show, but not applied. This was most noticable with an equipable that added incorporeal, she died from rape) and enemy gangs are seriously op. Nearly impossible to defeat and if you manage to get a strong enough gang to attack you get 2-7 million gold when attacking. (i never actually managed to defeat one) Also your money transfers when you start a new game without closing the window, the number you had in the previous game is added to the next one, +4000 to the previous number. (includes when negative) SERIOUSLY OP GANGS.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2015, 05:10:46 AM by deadkingblue »

Offline Rafflesia

« Reply #692 on: January 21, 2015, 07:47:07 AM »
The community service and feed poor jobs seem to always give the nymphomaniac text if you don't prohibit anal.

Offline aevojoey

« Reply #693 on: January 21, 2015, 09:20:48 PM »
Also your money transfers when you start a new game without closing the window, the number you had in the previous game is added to the next one, +4000 to the previous number. (includes when negative)
It was not adding the money from the previous game, what it was doing is not resetting the text displayed the first time it loaded the first page.
Once you leave the first page and go back to it, it would showing the correct number.
I fixed it so it would refresh the first page when starting a game.

Girls unequip certain items imediately after you click next week (effect from equiped item is show, but not applied. This was most noticable with an equipable that added incorporeal, she died from rape)
Weapons and armor are automatically removed when doing a noncombat job and equipped when doing combat jobs.
You can stop this by setting AutoCombatEquip to false in config.xml.

and enemy gangs are seriously op. Nearly impossible to defeat and if you manage to get a strong enough gang to attack you get 2-7 million gold when attacking. (i never actually managed to defeat one)
SERIOUSLY OP GANGS.
I am working to fix that.

Update:
I cut rival's income down to a more manageable amount.
I also made it so rivals can but random items, further reducing their money gains.
I also cut the amount of gold your gang can take from a rival to 0-5% instead of 0-10% with a random extra ((int/5)*num) instead of (int*num)

The community service and feed poor jobs seem to always give the nymphomaniac text if you don't prohibit anal.
Fixed it.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2015, 01:23:45 AM by aevojoey »

Offline Uriel

« Reply #694 on: January 22, 2015, 11:35:06 AM »
My gang just looted 40k gold and another one was 12k. I don't think i had more then, maybe, 5 before.
I'm on .30.

ps:" Abundant Lactation" does nothing for now? I see no difference in milking.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2015, 11:43:01 AM by Uriel »

Offline Hanzo

« Reply #695 on: January 22, 2015, 06:36:34 PM »
Any cleaning girl who finishes early her job has a chance of "cleaning" customers at the brothel. There's no Libido or trait requirements so even Lesbian girls may do it, which seems odd.

Quote from: WorkCleaning
                ss << "\n\n" << girlName << " finished her cleaning early so ";
                roll_a = g_Dice % 6;
                if (roll_a == 1 && brothel->m_RestrictOral) roll_a = 0;

switch (roll_a)
                {
                case 1:
                {
                        ss << "she hung out at the brothel, offering to \"clean off\" finished customers with her mouth.\n";//Made it actually use quote marks CRAZY
                        tips = g_Dice % 6 - 1; //how many 'tips' she clean? <6 for now, considered adjusting to amount playtime - didn't seem worth complexity
                        if (tips > 0)
                        {
                                brothel->m_Happiness += (tips);
                                g_Girls.UpdateSkill(girl, SKILL_ORALSEX, tips / 2);
                                tips *= 5; //customers tip 5 gold each
                                ss << "She got " << tips << " in tips for this extra service.\n";
                                imagetype = IMGTYPE_ORAL;
                        }

There's a chance in case 5 where she "cleans" yourself instead.

Offline aevojoey

« Reply #696 on: January 22, 2015, 07:42:57 PM »
My gang just looted 40k gold and another one was 12k. I don't think i had more then, maybe, 5 before.
I have added limiters to sabotage gold collected.
The rival will still lose the same amount but you will end up with much less.

ps:" Abundant Lactation" does nothing for now? I see no difference in milking.
Lactation has not been fully added.
I started working on it a while back but the math started getting complicated so I put it off.

Any cleaning girl who finishes early her job has a chance of "cleaning" customers at the brothel. There's no Libido or trait requirements so even Lesbian girls may do it, which seems odd.

There's a chance in case 5 where she "cleans" yourself instead.
There is a restriction check above the switch so restricting oral will prevent this.
Crazy has been working on the jobs more than I have so I usually only check them for bugs and not content.
If Crazy doesn't get to it before I do, I will add a more thorough preselection check so the choice will be tailored more to the girl.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2015, 08:52:36 AM by aevojoey »

Offline Gmind

« Reply #697 on: January 22, 2015, 10:23:27 PM »
Gonna have to agree with DeadKing on the rival gangs; Have to reload the game after each attack because they're ripping my guards apart, leaving between 2-5 survivors after an attack (if they survive at all, that is).

Offline ShoHaFa

« Reply #698 on: January 23, 2015, 02:26:17 AM »
Gonna have to agree with DeadKing on the rival gangs; Have to reload the game after each attack because they're ripping my guards apart, leaving between 2-5 survivors after an attack (if they survive at all, that is).
I haven't test .30 yet (downloading in a few minutes), but in .28 and .29, you basically have to start sabotaging opponents on the turn they appear to keep them under control. If you leave them alone for as little as 3 turns, they'll be as strong as your own gangs. Ignore them for 5 turns, and they'll be about as strong as a fully maxed gang of your own. If you still ignore them after that, you may eventually have to hack into your savegame to fix them to more manageable levels.

Practically, that means I now always have 2 gangs on sabotage, whether there are rivals around or not, to pounce on them the minute they get added. The rest of the gangs are training. When a new rival is discovered, ALL my gangs switch to sabotage, except for one, which will have to guard. I'm not sure yet whether I'm happy with all the attention I have to pay on gangs now. I thought they were a fun sidegame from the brothel, instead of the other way round. They definitely were too easy, but they are becoming a bit too hard now to be called a sidegame any longer.
It's all balancing and tweaking I guess. But, ideally, they'll still be a sidegame, not the main course. I hardly play Sim Brothel Revival anymore, for that reason: the brothels became a sidegame to a rather mediocre RPGMakerXP game.

Offline aevojoey

« Reply #699 on: January 23, 2015, 02:39:04 AM »
I haven't test .30 yet (downloading in a few minutes), but in .28 and .29, you basically have to start sabotaging opponents on the turn they appear to keep them under control. If you leave them alone for as little as 3 turns, they'll be as strong as your own gangs. Ignore them for 5 turns, and they'll be about as strong as a fully maxed gang of your own. If you still ignore them after that, you may eventually have to hack into your savegame to fix them to more manageable levels.

Practically, that means I now always have 2 gangs on sabotage, whether there are rivals around or not, to pounce on them the minute they get added. The rest of the gangs are training. When a new rival is discovered, ALL my gangs switch to sabotage, except for one, which will have to guard. I'm not sure yet whether I'm happy with all the attention I have to pay on gangs now. I thought they were a fun sidegame from the brothel, instead of the other way round. They definitely were too easy, but they are becoming a bit too hard now to be called a sidegame any longer.
It's all balancing and tweaking I guess. But, ideally, they'll still be a sidegame, not the main course. I hardly play Sim Brothel Revival anymore, for that reason: the brothels became a sidegame to a rather mediocre RPGMakerXP game.
I severely succeeded in trying to make rivals harder in .26, I made them gain too much gold and their gangs way too tough.
Each version since, I have tried to cut them back a lot more.
Hopefully with .30 they are back to a more manageable strength but you still steal a lot of gold from sabotaging them.
With .31 you still damage them a lot but you only collect a smaller amount of gold.

If you are having trouble with rivals and gangs you may try going back to version .06.00.25 until the bugs get worked out.

Offline Uriel

« Reply #700 on: January 23, 2015, 04:42:06 PM »
Little stuff: A female customer requested face massage.... because she was quite horny, she ended up giving him a cock-rub...

Offline hmf

« Reply #701 on: January 23, 2015, 07:26:45 PM »
Hi, Wanted to report something that's bugging me  :) .  I am using ver. 06.00.30.

Every Daughter I have from a "Normal" Girl I bought from the Slave Merchant Ended up having "Not Human" Trait or just become any "Catacomb" girls. Is the player a demon Lord or what?  :)

Offline babanathie

« Reply #702 on: January 23, 2015, 08:23:40 PM »
Hi, Wanted to report something that's bugging me  :) .  I am using ver. 06.00.30.

Every Daughter I have from a "Normal" Girl I bought from the Slave Merchant Ended up having "Not Human" Trait or just become any "Catacomb" girls. Is the player a demon Lord or what?  :)

Yeah, I saw this too...  I found a solution if you download the working files to compile them yourself.  It's in cGirls.cpp under the child_is_grown procedure.  There is a line, bolded below, that sets allows non-humans, AllowNonHuman, and it appears to be improperly set.  It appears to set this value to true if the mother is human.  Instead of messing with that value; I just changed, bolded again, the value AllowNonHuman to !AllowNonHuman.  This flips the incorrectly assigned value to its logical opposite.  This will give you proper human children!

bool cGirls::child_is_grown(sGirl* mom, sChild *child, string& summary, bool PlayerControlled)
{
   string playersurname = "";   // `J` since this is not changeable yet, leaving it blank.
   cConfig cfg;
   cTariff tariff;
   stringstream ss;
   // bump the age - if it's still not grown, go home
   child->m_Age++;      if (child->m_Age < cfg.pregnancy.weeks_till_grown())   return false;

// we need a coming of age ceremony
   if (child->is_boy())
   {
      summary += gettext("A son grew of age. ");
      mom->m_States |= (1 << STATUS_HAS_SON);

if (PlayerControlled)   // get the going rate for a male slave and sell the poor sod
      {
         int gold = tariff.male_slave_sales();
         g_Gold.slave_sales(gold);
         ss << gettext("Her son has grown of age and has been sold into slavery.\n");
         ss << gettext("You make ") << gold << gettext(" gold selling the boy.\n");
      }
      else   // or send him on his way
      {
         int roll = g_Dice % 4;
         ss << "Her son has grown of age and ";
         if (roll == 0)      ss << "moved away";
         else if (roll == 1)   ss << "joined the army";
         else             ss << "got his own place in town";
         ss << gettext(".\n");
      }
      mom->m_Events.AddMessage(ss.str(), IMGTYPE_PROFILE, EVENT_GOODNEWS);
      return true;
   }

bool playerfather = child->m_IsPlayers;      // is 1 if father is player
   summary += gettext("A daughter grew of age. ");
   mom->m_States |= (1 << STATUS_HAS_DAUGHTER);
   bool slave = mom->is_slave();
   bool AllowNonHuman = mom->is_human();
   // create a new girl for the barn
   sGirl* sprog = 0;
   if (mom->m_Canonical_Daughters.size() > 0)
   {
      sprog = make_girl_child(mom, playerfather);
   }
   else
   {
      sprog = g_Girls.CreateRandomGirl(17, false, slave, false, !AllowNonHuman, false, false, playerfather);
   }
   // check for incest, get the odds on abnormality
   int abnormal_pc = calc_abnormal_pc(mom, sprog, child->m_IsPlayers);
   if (g_Dice.percent(abnormal_pc))
   {
      if (g_Dice.percent(50)) g_Girls.AddTrait(sprog, "Malformed");
      else                g_Girls.AddTrait(sprog, "Retarded");
   }
   // loop throught the mom's traits, inheriting where appropriate
   for (int i = 0; i < mom->m_NumTraits && sprog->m_NumTraits < 30; i++)
   {
      if (mom->m_Traits)
      {
         string tname = mom->m_Traits->m_Name;
         if (g_Girls.InheritTrait(mom->m_Traits) && tname != "")
            g_Girls.AddTrait(sprog, mom->m_Traits->m_Name);
      }
   }
   if (playerfather)
   {
      g_Girls.AddTrait(sprog, "Your Daughter");
   }

Offline Hanzo

« Reply #703 on: January 24, 2015, 05:48:29 AM »
Small typo in ApplyTraits:

Quote from: cGirls.cpp
    else if (Name == "Fleet Of Foot")
{
UpdateStat(girl, STAT_AGILITY, 50);
}

However, in UnapplyTraits:
Quote from: cGirls.cpp
    else if (Name == "Fleet of Foot")
{
UpdateStat(girl, STAT_AGILITY, -50);
}
And:
Quote from: CoreTraits.traitsx
    <Trait
        Name="Fleet of Foot"
        Desc="This girl is quick on her feet. She can usually outrun her enemies if she can't beat them."
        Type="Action" />

Notice the capitalized "o" of "of" in the first quote.

Bisexual is missing in ApplyTraits and UnapplyTraits.

Since traits apply their skill changes to base (UpdateSkill) they are susceptible to the new skill decay. Example:

Girl has 0 tittysex.
Girl gains big boobs that grants +15 to tittysex.
Since tittysex > 0 it decays.
Somehow girl loses big boobs and now has tittysex < 0.

I guess it can be fixed by applying the changes to mod.

Offline Rigsson

« Reply #704 on: January 25, 2015, 02:25:19 AM »
Hey, quick question. I have several custom girls marked, "Can only be born as your daughter,' yet in all of my playthroughs I have never had any of them born as my daughter. I've searched for answers for why it's not happening on here, but I haven't found anything. Has this simply not been implemented in-game yet? I would appreciate any help any of you could give.