devolution

Author Topic: =PyTFall= Communication and Repository Information  (Read 38226 times)

Offline MuteDay

• Loving life and PinkPetal Family
Re: =PyTFall= Communication and Repository Information
« Reply #30 on: June 07, 2016, 12:33:47 PM »
awsome thanks, ill check with him when he gets on
Please Enjoy all the hard work i Do to help make the game and forums a better place :)

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
« Reply #31 on: June 07, 2016, 12:47:08 PM »
I don't think that classic packs work anymore. With so many native packs, I am reluctant to still run wm packs in PyTFall. Those are definitely not even remotely useful for development.
Like what we're doing?

Offline MuteDay

« Reply #32 on: June 07, 2016, 01:07:40 PM »
no worries was more of trying to get an idea of where you guys are atm, im trying to figure out the source code for game atm,
sorry honestly only second time ive touched Python, and the first time i was using binary data not json
Please Enjoy all the hard work i Do to help make the game and forums a better place :)

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #33 on: June 07, 2016, 01:45:42 PM »
no worries was more of trying to get an idea of where you guys are atm, im trying to figure out the source code for game atm,

We're trying to keep everything as local as possible, without too much fuss where that's not required.

sorry honestly only second time ive touched Python, and the first time i was using binary data not json

There is a lot you can do without advanced knowledge of Python, I think knowing how the game works in general is more important. JSON/Binary doesn't matter much, you can replace 2 lines of code per loading routine and everything will be stored in/loaded from binary, that part is not really relevant to anything.

====>>
It's not easy to get involved with the project so far along, especially if you want to work on the core code... but even without that, you can work in many areas with just the limited knowledge of the games, like for example MC Setups at game start (we actually have 0 MC setups at the beginning of the game), new areas/events (requires basic understanding of Python/Ren'Py, mostly you can gather everything that you need from examples we already have), attacks/animations for BE, and generally more content in any area of the game.

I doubt that you can just jump into development of core code and especially buildings/jobs (in development at the moment) with just the basic knowledge of Python, techniques used there are very demanding.

But we have a dev environment setup so you can contribute whatever you feel like freely.
Like what we're doing?

Offline MuteDay

« Reply #34 on: June 07, 2016, 01:57:36 PM »
Ill look into it and see what i can do btw mind adding me on skype again i kinda lost most of my contacts [email protected]

Offline MuteDay

« Reply #35 on: June 16, 2016, 11:50:29 PM »
Hey Xela, mind giving me some tips on plugins to use for jedit

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #36 on: June 17, 2016, 04:09:12 AM »
Hey Xela, mind giving me some tips on plugins to use for jedit

All plugins are downloaded/installed automatically. Project Viewer is the most import one to have. I also use a couple of others like whitespace, testautocomplete, actionhooks and etc. but you can make your own list. Program is really weak without Project Viewer, rest is not all that important.
Like what we're doing?

Offline MuteDay

« Reply #37 on: June 17, 2016, 04:19:51 AM »
alrighty, im trying to learn renpy by making own game

Offline MuteDay

« Reply #38 on: June 17, 2016, 04:24:27 PM »
only thing im really not understanding is the making new screens

know any good tutorials?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #39 on: June 18, 2016, 08:52:42 AM »
Not really, and you're posting off topic, gen discussion is prolly a more appropriate place.

Screens are generally used to build interface, there are many examples in pytfall and you can find even more in cookbook section of lemma (renpy) forums.
Like what we're doing?

Offline liledition

« Reply #40 on: July 09, 2016, 01:09:15 PM »
Hello

I am getting an error at start.

EDIT: Nevermind game is unplayable nearly all locations have errors in them...
« Last Edit: July 09, 2016, 01:47:57 PM by liledition »

Offline krakr

« Reply #41 on: August 28, 2016, 04:35:41 AM »
I'm around guys. I can finish the texts I promised, not as unique as I wanted, but I do have 1 set final, it will be easy to search-replace key words & then doctor a few words.
I've been gone a long time, perhaps you did it anyway?
When I feel up to it, I'll complete the 2's & the 1's if they haven't been done yet.
I SOOOOOOOOO wanna play the Beta

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #42 on: August 28, 2016, 06:54:27 AM »
No, we were busy improving other parts of the game like exploration engine and battle engine, in hopes that you or some other writer will finish them before beta so there won't be a need for us to do it  :)
I have your texts backuped, naturally.