Author Topic: Game Design/Ideas  (Read 123510 times)

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
Re: -PyTFall- Dev Thread: Game Design/Ideas
« Reply #45 on: May 24, 2013, 07:30:26 AM »
Now then, I don't know how many coding will require each system, so I just will share my impressions.

Path battle type seems interesting if we'll be able to randomize those pathes well enough.
Panning/Scrolling looks very good, but I'm pretty sure that we unable to draw or find enough maps for it.
To move on the global map of some forest/dungeon we could use either Path system or hex map. Imagine one of them on a map like this or that.

Besides, there are generators or random dungeon maps, we could use or reproduce one of them. It probably will work well with simple grid or hex.

Maybe, I know where to find a random dungeon generator we could adapt, each tile could come with it's own background and possibilities... It might be more fruitful to do simpler explanation for the release version and add something like that later.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #46 on: May 29, 2013, 03:42:33 AM »
Hey everyone. I figure it's time that we bring MC into the picture. The trouble is that I need to be able to use MC in the game (Guard job for instance) but class is to poor right now. So if anyone has any specific requests, lets hear them. One note is that I don't want there to be 6 races and 40 backgrounds to choose from like in Alkion. Lets keep it simple, we don't have a team of writers to cook up storylines throughout the game.

============================
Oh, and we could also use a couple of portraits and battle sprites to give player choices.

We could have different background stories (to determine starting stats, equipment and gold), but nothing that would/should have effects throughout the game (effect dialogues during events/interactions).
« Last Edit: May 29, 2013, 03:47:56 AM by Xela »
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #47 on: May 29, 2013, 04:44:34 AM »
Since we have sex field for items, it would be nice to determine MC stats at first, in order to avoid crashes at least.
I guess health, fatigue, constitution, luck and intelligence are needed. Same for all combat stats.

Does s/he need sex skills, or we imply that they are maxed out like in SM3?
Does s/he need libido, charisma, refinement, service, character, reputation? In SM and VP MC has all these stats, and even more, but those games have little to do with battles, they are mostly social.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2013, 04:47:04 AM by DarkTl »

Offline CherryWood

« Reply #48 on: May 29, 2013, 04:47:29 AM »
No requests from me.
I would actually chose to skip the background/stats selection for beta and go just with a choice of name and images.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #49 on: May 29, 2013, 05:30:53 AM »
Since we have sex field for items, it would be nice to determine MC stats at first, in order to avoid crashes at least.
I guess health, fatigue, constitution, luck and intelligence are needed. Same for all combat stats.

Does s/he need sex skills, or we imply that they are maxed out like in SM3?
Does s/he need libido, charisma, refinement, service, character, reputation? In SM and VP MC has all these stats, and even more, but those games have little to do with battles, they are mostly social.

Good points, lets determine stats first:

Battle stats:

'agility',
    'health',
    'defence',
    'mp',
    'attack',
    'magic',

Support stats:

'intelligence',
    'libido',
    'refinement',
    'fatigue',
    'fame',
    'mood',
    'constitution',
    'charisma',
    'reputation',
    'exp',
    'luck',

Possibilities:

1) Alignment (Dark Side/Light Side)
2) Sex (Generalization for any position, I can ensure that any item that increases Anal/Normalsex or Blowjob for girls and is not restricted to females will increase Sex stat instead)

=====================================
Sex: I suggest just Male? We could do Female as well but that would mean a bit more programming for events and interactions. Any Hybrid would require new image categories.

Generally it is not difficult to support all these stats, especially once we'll have many locations.

No requests from me.
I would actually chose to skip the background/stats selection for beta and go just with a choice of name and images.

It's easy/very easy to code in but we can skip it without any fuss. It might be nice to give player a chance to pick a starting character as long as that choice does not extend greatly to the rest of the game.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #50 on: May 29, 2013, 05:54:31 AM »
1) Alignment (Dark Side/Light Side)
Well, according to D&D, alignment could be evil<->good and chaotic<->lawful. And WM has both of them, btw.

2) Sex (Generalization for any position, I can ensure that any item that increases Anal/Normalsex or Blowjob for girls and is not restricted to females will increase Sex stat instead)
Ok. Maybe four times less, since one stat responsible for 4 others? So, if some item gives normalsex +4, it will be +1 for MC, and if it gives lesbian +8 and normalsex +8, it will be +4 for MC?

Sex: I suggest just Male? We could do Female as well but that would mean a bit more programming for events and interactions. Any Hybrid would require new image categories.
As I said before somewhere, other 3-gen brothel games have female MC, but it doesn't mean that you must code it immediately. It could be done much later, after we'll have all other systems ready, including BE and dungeons.
And I must say, I can live without Hybrids  :)

'mood'
If by mood you mean joy, it's ok. If you mean my old idea "in a mood for", it's not.

It might be nice to give player a chance to pick a starting character as long as that choice does not extend greatly to the rest of the game.
If we'll have different characters with different stats, I would prefer them to have more differences than a couple of stat points. Maybe traits? We could use many of existing ones, or I could create some more specially for MC.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #51 on: May 29, 2013, 07:53:43 AM »
Well, according to D&D, alignment could be evil<->good and chaotic<->lawful. And WM has both of them, btw.

And both work shitty in WM, not mentioning being entirely useless. I like the concept but it might be a good idea to postpone it and leave it as a possibility until we have more events, locations and NPCs where it can be useful (I mean adding both alignments but in dormant state). Otherwise, in order for it not to be shitty, we'll need events, interactions and items based on alignment.

Ok. Maybe four times less, since one stat responsible for 4 others? So, if some item gives normalsex +4, it will be +1 for MC, and if it gives lesbian +8 and normalsex +8, it will be +4 for MC?

Maybe, it's definitely not hard to code in. Bit counter-intuitive maybe...

As I said before somewhere, other 3-gen brothel games have female MC, but it doesn't mean that you must code it immediately. It could be done much later, after we'll have all other systems ready, including BE and dungeons.
And I must say, I can live without Hybrids  :)

It's a pain, but it is doable. I agree with postponing that. Hybrids are in right now '_'

If by mood you mean joy, it's ok. If you mean my old idea "in a mood for", it's not.
If we'll have different characters with different stats, I would prefer them to have more differences than a couple of stat points. Maybe traits? We could use many of existing ones, or I could create some more specially for MC.

Traits for MC are prolly an overkill right now. Not just stat points, equipment, gold, skills and story. It's very good for a start.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #52 on: May 29, 2013, 08:16:09 AM »
Maybe, it's definitely not hard to code in. Bit counter-intuitive maybe...
Or checks for this stat could be higher (as well as its max value), or it could be harder to raise it without items, etc.
Otherwise I think it will be too easy for MC to learn all about sex in comparison with girls and their four (and maybe more in the future) sex stats.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #53 on: May 29, 2013, 10:05:09 AM »
Or checks for this stat could be higher (as well as its max value), or it could be harder to raise it without items, etc.
Otherwise I think it will be too easy for MC to learn all about sex in comparison with girls and their four (and maybe more in the future) sex stats.

That might not be a bad thing, fast learning, in this case at least.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #54 on: May 29, 2013, 01:13:25 PM »
I have another idea. When you create MC, you could chose his 1-2 favorite traits, for example, 1 for appearance and 1 for character. After that it will be easier for MC to increase disposition with girls which have these traits, and maybe some other bonuses as well, like quick training or something.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #55 on: May 29, 2013, 01:28:14 PM »
I have another idea. When you create MC, you could chose his 1-2 favorite traits, for example, 1 for appearance and 1 for character. After that it will be easier for MC to increase disposition with girls which have these traits, and maybe some other bonuses as well, like quick training or something.

Maybe... previous occupations matched with girls occupations might serve a better purpose. I figure we need to set a command cycle for matching stuff like that, for girls as well as MC:

This would make sense to me:

1) Status

2) Occupation

3) Stats

4) Traits

As you can see to make just this work a sh!tload of forks is needed as it is :)
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #56 on: May 29, 2013, 01:40:48 PM »
Status is rather vague concept, what do you mean by that?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #57 on: May 29, 2013, 01:53:00 PM »
Status is rather vague concept, what do you mean by that?

I mean command cycles to build forks when we create interactions, events, jobs and so on:

1) Status: First and most important, girls responds or behaves or gets awards on basis of: 'slave' or 'free', in the future, I was planning Worker, Peasant, Citizen, Noble, Royal for the future but for now just slave and not a slave.

2) Second check is for occupation  (aka class), Warriors/Prostitutes/Service Girls/Strippers, more in the future.

3) Stats, girls with different stats may respond differently, get different awards.

4) Traits, last check for extra bonuses/penalties should be on traits.

More... equipped items, flags, locations... in the future: likes/dislikes/friends/enemies.

Basically, a lot of things to consider as it is, matching girls traits with mp traits is harder than occupations, because there are more traits... that was my point.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #58 on: May 30, 2013, 03:51:25 AM »
I'll try to find portraits and battle sprites for MC this evening.
Meanwhile another difference between MCs could be initial girl. You could either hardcode them (we already have plenty of characters, after all) or randomize depending on MC's previous occupation.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #59 on: May 30, 2013, 04:08:01 AM »
I'll try to find portraits and battle sprites for MC this evening.
Meanwhile another difference between MCs could be initial girl. You could either hardcode them (we already have plenty of characters, after all) or randomize depending on MC's previous occupation.

Maybe, that's a matter of design, I though against using a starting girl, but those plans are not yet set in stone.
Like what we're doing?