devolution

Poll

If you are reporting a bug, follow these steps to assist us in finding the cause of your bug

1. Delete the "gamelog.txt" file from your game folder to clear it.
2. Run the game as you normally would until it crashes.
3. Create a zip file with your savegame and your "gamelog.txt" files.
4. Post your bug report with details of how and when you get the crash.
5. Attach the zip file to your report.

Author Topic: Crazy and PP's mod bug thread  (Read 619424 times)

Offline crazy

Re: Crazy and PP's mod bug thread
« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2012, 08:55:14 PM »
Hi!
Got a bug to report.
I played WM just now and found out that my girls in the dungeon cannot die. ??? WTF!!!! Is she an Undead? Ghost? Frankenstein? Immortal? God? LOL :D
I got a few girls taken from family. I leave them for a lot of weeks in the dungeon and then a red script in the summary says she had killed herself. Then when I visit the dungeon, to my surprise she's still alive. Weird!! When someone killed themselves they should be dead, Right!! Her HP 100, Happy 0, got a pessimist trait and not incorporeal.
Well, I guess I'm gonna try this on slave and catacomb girls next and see what happen.
Your right this is a bug I forgot about basiclly a girl can't kill them self in the dungeon so it pops saying they did when they can't.  A girl can die if you touture her long enough they just can't kill them self even if the game says they did.

Offline darkvahl

« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2012, 11:50:30 PM »
Noted but any chance to make it work?

So that you can give more attention in managing your dungeon.

Offline unusual_desires

« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2012, 01:29:51 AM »
I sent a girl from the Arena to the dungeon but her name was still in the arena so i sent her
to the brothel then I had one there and one in the dungeon. So i tried send to dungeon
again then had two of the same girl there, if i remove items from one it affects both. Then I
tried selling one copy and the other stayed so I still got to keep the girl but I got extra gold
I shouldn't have. That seems like a bug with sending girls to the dungeon from the arena.

Offline PinkPervert

« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2012, 02:55:36 AM »
Hi!

Got a bug to report.

I played WM just now and found out that my girls in the dungeon cannot die. ??? WTF!!!! Is she an Undead? Ghost? Frankenstein? Immortal? God? LOL :D

I got a few girls taken from family. I leave them for a lot of weeks in the dungeon and then a red script in the summary says she had killed herself. Then when I visit the dungeon, to my surprise she's still alive. Weird!! When someone killed themselves they should be dead, Right!! Her HP 100, Happy 0, got a pessimist trait and not incorporeal.

Well, I guess I'm gonna try this on slave and catacomb girls next and see what happen.

Thats new to me, I'll put it in my notes and see if I can track it down.
--PP

Offline PinkPervert

« Reply #19 on: December 09, 2012, 02:57:36 AM »
I sent a girl from the Arena to the dungeon but her name was still in the arena so i sent her
to the brothel then I had one there and one in the dungeon. So i tried send to dungeon
again then had two of the same girl there, if i remove items from one it affects both. Then I
tried selling one copy and the other stayed so I still got to keep the girl but I got extra gold
I shouldn't have. That seems like a bug with sending girls to the dungeon from the arena.

There were quite a few bugs related to transferring girls. I have done a lot of work in there, so it seems to be working as it should now. The fixes should be in the next patch.
I will do some further testing to see if this kind of error made it past the bug fixes I have already done.
--PP

Offline HuiBui

« Reply #20 on: December 13, 2012, 09:38:45 AM »
Well, meanwhile (version 0.5.c ) i've stopped searching for bugs.

Hoping that you guys have checked the actual  version, eliminate the listed bugs and hopefully implementate the really importent things ( all skills available  etc. )

And I'm looking forward to get the next update. My girls are still  waiting... 

Any chance that i can download the next update  before christmas?

Kind Regards

HuiBui

Offline PinkPervert

« Reply #21 on: December 13, 2012, 07:44:42 PM »
I'm sending my latest changes to Crazy tonight. There are some bug fixes, but I mostly worked on the Studio. I will post a changelog when the new version is up.

Offline Parlarkey

« Reply #22 on: December 15, 2012, 10:25:05 PM »
Been trying the new build a bit, and encountered one weird thing so far: the Community Center has an 'Arena Tryouts' button, which is not functional. Maybe an attempt to copy-paste the recruiting bit from the Arena to the Community Center, but the triggers are missing or something?

I'm liking the improvements so far, keep up the good work!

Offline crazy

« Reply #23 on: December 15, 2012, 10:28:37 PM »
Been trying the new build a bit, and encountered one weird thing so far: the Community Center has an 'Arena Tryouts' button, which is not functional. Maybe an attempt to copy-paste the recruiting bit from the Arena to the Community Center, but the triggers are missing or something?

I'm liking the improvements so far, keep up the good work!
Simple mess up on my part taken care of now thanks for the notice.

Offline Parlarkey

« Reply #24 on: December 16, 2012, 12:36:55 PM »
Found another bug (that doesn't impact gameplay in any way, so no rush):

When viewing the details of a girl, constitution is listed twice. Thanks for adding it to the market screen by the way, it's quite helpful :).

Offline crazy

« Reply #25 on: December 17, 2012, 04:05:07 AM »
Found another bug (that doesn't impact gameplay in any way, so no rush):

When viewing the details of a girl, constitution is listed twice. Thanks for adding it to the market screen by the way, it's quite helpful :) .
Fixed ty for pointing it out

Offline F-Trill

« Reply #26 on: December 17, 2012, 04:33:01 AM »
Hey guys, I found something completely by accident, but I'm not sure if it's just my system or not.

I accidentally exited out of my game right after I saved it- Not a problem, right? I saved the game, no big deal.

I went to load the game after hitting quite, and got a program exception violation that shut the game down! I attempted it again, just to see if it was a fluke. To date, I've repeated this same issue a total of twenty-four times.

Another issue which may or may not be my system also is that it appears as though the WM Editor can no longer be used to edit the config file.  I changed three stats, (I wanted to try with a slightly higher chance of meeting a girl, slightly less favorable house odds, and a higher chance of random gang stats), and the game went into exception every time I attempted to start it.  When I replaced the config file (because I always create backups) it worked again like normal.

The one thing I did notice with this issue is that every time I edited only one stat, the game would start, but the studio, arena and center were gone. Not sure if that tells you anything.

EDIT:  Sorry, just remembered one other thing I noticed, though I think it's that buggy random engine. Just in case, though... I've been having girls die on me left and right for no reason. Fortunately, I save my game every time I go to the next week, so I just restart and reload, but- I had some chick I had just bought die "of her injuries," when she didn't have any!!  (And seriously... Losing Summer Glau? NOT cool! lol)
« Last Edit: December 17, 2012, 04:40:06 AM by F-Trill »

Offline crazy

« Reply #27 on: December 17, 2012, 04:51:21 AM »
I accidentally exited out of my game right after I saved it- Not a problem, right? I saved the game, no big deal.

I went to load the game after hitting quite, and got a program exception violation that shut the game down! I attempted it again, just to see if it was a fluke. To date, I've repeated this same issue a total of twenty-four times.
Post a game log of that maybe even the save
EDIT:  Sorry, just remembered one other thing I noticed, though I think it's that buggy random engine. Just in case, though... I've been having girls die on me left and right for no reason. Fortunately, I save my game every time I go to the next week, so I just restart and reload, but- I had some chick I had just bought die "of her injuries," when she didn't have any!!  (And seriously... Losing Summer Glau? NOT cool! lol)
Hmmm did she have full health to start with?  Personal I almost never see a girl die what was she doing when she died?

Offline crazy

« Reply #28 on: December 17, 2012, 04:52:57 AM »
Another issue which may or may not be my system also is that it appears as though the WM Editor can no longer be used to edit the config file.  I changed three stats, (I wanted to try with a slightly higher chance of meeting a girl, slightly less favorable house odds, and a higher chance of random gang stats), and the game went into exception every time I attempted to start it.  When I replaced the config file (because I always create backups) it worked again like normal.

The one thing I did notice with this issue is that every time I edited only one stat, the game would start, but the studio, arena and center were gone. Not sure if that tells you anything.
It don't post what I said about this so here it is...  Always edit the config with something like notepad as WM edit will break the game

Offline F-Trill

« Reply #29 on: December 17, 2012, 05:05:48 AM »
It don't post what I said about this so here it is...  Always edit the config with something like notepad as WM edit will break the game

Believe me- I discovered that one in a hot second! lol

Post a game log of that maybe even the save

I can post a log for you, but it will happen with every save. Old games, new games... It doesn't matter. So... I don't think the save game will do you any good.

Hmmm did she have full health to start with?  Personal I almost never see a girl die what was she doing when she died?

She had full health.  And, she was resting!!