devolution

Author Topic: <-- Archived -->  (Read 113222 times)

Offline CherryWood

Not to simple... we can replace tapas with kitchen for snacks and draft beer stays :)
I thought about it again and bear and tapas sounds better... we can just put explanation in description

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
I hope fighting actually will be coded, not just assumed. With random wounds, scars, joy bonus for winner, etc.

Define 'coded'? Results based on stats and luck or logical fighting guided by AI like in WM? I don't know how important logical fighting really is because I've read the results once and never gave a sh!t about it again... Right now we have a function that compares battle stats of two parties with luck factored in it.

I thought about it again and bear and tapas sounds better... we can just put explanation in description

We can put tasty snacks in the description :)
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

Results based on stats and luck or logical fighting guided by AI like in WM?
Yup, something like that. No need for dangerous events and consequences, but random scars traits (small and normal only, ie temporary) from time to time and joy bonus to the winner will enliven the game, I believe.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
Yup, something like that. No need for dangerous events and consequences, but random scars traits (small and normal only, ie temporary) from time to time and joy bonus to the winner will enliven the game, I believe.

Ah, ok. It's not hard to do :)

I though you've meant to have them actually fight it out, that would be a waste of time.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

I wonder if it will be possible for weapons to have non-physical damage type in battle engine. Like magic ice dagger, acid spray, etc.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
I wonder if it will be possible for weapons to have non-physical damage type in battle engine. Like magic ice dagger, acid spray, etc.

Doubt it, or at least unlikely without modifications. New versions will come out for the BE, might be possible there.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

Hm. But we, for example, could create a separate weapon type for acid weapons, so any weapon with <acid> type will do acid damage inside BE, right? Unless it will require too many coding.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
Hm. But we, for example, could create a separate weapon type for acid weapons, so any weapon with <acid> type will do acid damage inside BE, right? Unless it will require too many coding.

Maybe, we could definitely add a different sound and increase damage modifier for such weapons but I would prefer to keep types to a bare minimum for now.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

Yup, I know we don't working on BE now. It's for the future. Since I'm working on items, it useful to know such things for making a concept.
When I looked through BE presentation, I've noticed in one of battles that different mobs have different resistances to different elements. Are you planning to use resistances as stats for girls and MC eventually?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
Yup, I know we don't working on BE now. It's for the future. Since I'm working on items, it useful to know such things for making a concept.
When I looked through BE presentation, I've noticed in one of battles that different mobs have different resistances to different elements. Are you planning to use resistances as stats for girls and MC eventually?

Maybe, but I haven't even looked at how engine handles it, but if it's possible without to much fuss, yeah, why not...
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

As far as I understand our BE, it takes into account weapon type, and if character doesn't use any weapon, it uses some "unarmed" built-in weapon type.
So I wonder if it possible to set manually unarmed type for some specific weapons, which hardly could be used for attacking, but still able to provide some bonuses.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
As far as I understand our BE, it takes into account weapon type, and if character doesn't use any weapon, it uses some "unarmed" built-in weapon type.
So I wonder if it possible to set manually unarmed type for some specific weapons, which hardly could be used for attacking, but still able to provide some bonuses.

I'll tell you what happens in the game's code and you'll figure out what's possible:

Game system and Battle Engine are two separate entities that know nothing about eachother.

Every time we start a battle, this happens:

BE takes names of your party, their battle stats, their sprites, attack type, magic type and runs them through a kind of a poorly build bridge function, it's not the most elegant way to do this, but it will work flawlessly:

1) Stats are transferred in number (without loops).

2) A number of forks is formed:

- Fork 1:
Basically if 'Fire 1' in mskills (Game engine)

: Register Fire 1 Skill (In Battle engine)

And so on for every magic that is known to battle engine.

- Fork 2:
It was bskills in the past but I will now turn it into:

If weapon.slot (in game) is empty:

register unarmed attack skill.

If weapon.slot (in game) is sword or katana (type field):

register sword attack skill.

and so on....

So to answer your question: We will build a number of 'weapon types' in battle engine and match them with types of weapons in small or normal weapon slots (first normal, than small). We can build any number of weapon types in BE... they differ by sound they make during the attack and damage modifier. Hope that this clears things up.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

I see. Is it difficult to create weapon types in BE? I mean, is it comparable in complexity with items creation I'm doing right now via xml?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
I see. Is it difficult to create weapon types in BE? I mean, is it comparable in complexity with items creation I'm doing right now via xml?

It's not comparable because creating an item in xml is a few billion times harder...

Finding a sound is likely to be the hardest part, otherwise this code creates the only four attacks we currently have (like literally, copypasting one of those lines and changing a couple of words is the only thing needs to be done):
Code: [Select]
    Library.Skills.SwordAttack = AttackSkill(command=[('Attack', -1)], multiplier=1.2, sfx="content/sfx/sound/be/sword.wav")
    Library.Skills.KnifeAttack = AttackSkill(command=[('Attack', -1)], multiplier=0.8, sfx="content/sfx/sound/be/knife.wav", name="Knife")
    Library.Skills.ClawAttack = AttackSkill(command=[('Attack', -1)], multiplier=1, sfx="content/sfx/sound/be/sword.wav", name="Slash")
    Library.Skills.FistAttack = AttackSkill(command=[('Attack', -1)], multiplier=1, sfx="content/sfx/sound/be/knife.wav", name="Hit")
==============================================================================
Did the brothel upgrades dict today, will add new logic and debug it next (not sure when it'll be):

Code: [Select]
            self.upgrades_possibilities = {
                'bar':  {
                'bar': {'id': 1, 'active': False, 'price': 500, 'name': 'Bar', 'desc': 'Serve drinks and snacks to your costumers! ', 'img': 'content/buildings/upgrades/bar.jpg'},
                'draught': {'id': 2, 'active': False, 'price': 200, 'name': 'Draught Beer', 'desc': 'Chilled brew served in cold glassware, like a nectar from gods themselves. ',  'img': 'content/buildings/upgrades/beer.jpg'},
                'tapas': {'id': 3, 'active': False, 'price': 300, 'name': 'Tapas', 'desc': 'Tasty snacks that are just perfect with cold draught beer. ', 'img': 'content/buildings/upgrades/tapas.jpg'}
                },
                'garden': {
                'flowerbeds': {'id': 1, 'active': False, 'price': 150, 'name': 'Flowerbeds', 'desc': ' Live Flowers for your girls to improve the grip designs of work in brothel. ', 'img': 'content/buildings/upgrades/flowers.jpg'},
                'garden': {'id': 2, 'active': False, 'price': 500, 'name': 'Garden', 'desc': 'Beautiful garden to relax in for your girls and costumers. Will have positive effect on Rest and Costumer Satisfaction', 'img': 'content/buildings/upgrades/garden.jpg'},
                'landscape': {'id': 3, 'active': False, 'price': 1000, 'name': 'Landscape Design', 'desc': 'Create a landscape filled with the most beautiful flora for amusement and enjoyment of your girls and costumers alike!', 'img': 'content/buildings/upgrades/landscape.jpg'}
                },
                'rooms': {
                'improved': {'id': 1, 'active': False, 'price': 400, 'name': 'Improved Interior', 'desc': "Every room in brothel will be decorated in proper fashion! (+1/10 of the price for every room in the brothel)", 'img': 'content/buildings/upgrades/room.jpg'},
                'luxury': {'id': 2, 'active': False, 'price': 800, 'name': 'Luxury Rooms', 'desc': "Room design farther improved to provide the best atmosphere imaginable! (+1/10 of the price for every room in the brothel)", 'img': 'content/buildings/upgrades/luxury_room.jpg'},
                'vip': {'id': 3, 'active': False, 'price': 2000, 'name': 'VIP Rooms', 'desc': "Bit of an overkill if you ask me. Royalty would not look out of place in one of these rooms! (+1/10 of the price for every room in the brothel)", 'img': 'content/buildings/upgrades/vip_room.jpg'}
                },
                'guards': {
                'guardquarters': {'id': 1, 'active': False, 'price': 1000, 'name': 'Guard Quarters', 'desc': "Comforable locale for warriors guarding the building. (5 girls max)", 'img': 'content/buildings/upgrades/guard_qt.jpg'},
                'trainingquarters': {'id': 2, 'active': False, 'price': 1500, 'name': 'Training Quarters', 'desc': "Place for your guards to improve their skills when there is nothing else to do. ", 'img': 'content/buildings/upgrades/training_qt.jpg'},
                'sparringquarters': {'id': 3, 'active': False, 'price': 2000, 'name': 'Sparring Quarters', 'desc': "Your guards can harness their skills by safely fighting one another. ", 'img': 'content/buildings/upgrades/sparring_qt.jpg'}
                },
                'stripclub': {
                'stripclub': {'id': 1, 'active': False, 'price': 1000, 'name': 'Strip Club', 'desc': 'Skilled and beautiful Strippers are the key to filling your Club and Bar with Costumers! ', 'img': 'content/buildings/upgrades/strip_club.jpg'},
                'largepodium': {'id': 2, 'active': False, 'price': 700, 'name': 'Large Podium', 'desc': 'Equip your club with a better podium for your girls to dance on! ', 'img': 'content/buildings/upgrades/podium.jpg'},
                'goldencage': {'id': 3, 'active': False, 'price': 2000, 'name': 'Golden Cages', 'desc': 'Girls now can strip inside golden cages, truly a show to behold! ', 'img': 'content/buildings/upgrades/golden_cage.jpg'}
                },
                'mainhall':  {
                'mainhall': {'id': 1, 'active': False, 'price': 500, 'name': 'Main Hall', 'desc': 'All costumers will have to go through this beautiful hall! This can increase reputation, costumer satisfaction as well as improve security. ', 'img': 'content/buildings/upgrades/main_hall.jpg'},
                'reception': {'id': 2, 'active': False, 'price': 700, 'name': 'Reception', 'desc': 'Reception to improve income and costumer satisfaction through good organization and service. ', 'img': 'content/buildings/upgrades/reception.jpg'},
                'statue': {'id': 3, 'active': False, 'price': 1000, 'name': 'Statue of Sex Goddess', 'desc': 'Great way to improve fame and income of your brothel! ', 'img': 'content/buildings/upgrades/statue_sexgoddess.jpg'}
                }
            }
« Last Edit: May 29, 2013, 05:20:12 PM by Xela »
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
Brothel concept has been updated. Going to make sure rooms price + room upgrades cost work.
Like what we're doing?