Author Topic: Communal Inventory  (Read 2308 times)

Offline Vorpal

Communal Inventory
« on: December 26, 2009, 04:35:45 PM »
What would be useful is if each brothel had its own inventory, just as the player does, except that everyone working there would have access to it. I'm not sure which would be most convenient, so here are some variations on the same idea:

1. First aid station: Whenever a girl would normally try to use a relaxer or salve or whatever, if she doesn't have one, she grabs whichever one is appropriate from the communal inventory. The rest of the space can be used for player storage and otherwise unavailable to the girls.
2. Distribution center: At the beginning of each turn, if the inventory is not empty, then everyone grabs one of each item in the communal inventory unless they already have one of them.
3. Free shop: This inventory is treated as a shop that doesn't require a free time slot to shop there (because they don't have to leave the premises) and all prices nil so the girl can shop there even with zero gold, except for the purposes of computing item desirability.

Personally, I'd prefer one of the first two. This would be especially useful for items that the shops don't  ever seem to run out of (e.g., cheap relaxers or salves), allowing the player to stock up on them and effectively just say "here, everyone grab one of these."

Offline delta224

• Dev Team
Re: Communal Inventory
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2009, 04:51:08 PM »
We'll see what we can do after we finish up the jobs.

Offline fires_flair

Re: Communal Inventory
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2009, 08:42:34 PM »
this is basicly what I ment when I posted in the matron topic, about having an inventory spot where the girls get stuff from and the onlything I have to do is put items in it. except for how it's carried out (I handing one person handing it out, not everyone grabing it). either way I do think this type of function would be good. good minds think a like ;)