Author Topic: Endings & Replayability  (Read 2156 times)

Offline Graen

Endings & Replayability
« on: January 16, 2010, 08:21:09 PM »
When does this game end for you?  Before 52 weeks? After 250?  Do you play it again, or do you wait for a new version?

Right now I've only completely played through the game once... and as far as I could tell I saw no end.  I had all the brothels, and had 99% share of the land.  If there was a way to get 100% it wasn't made obvious to me.

Since then, I've started a new game with the latest build, but have been taking it at a much slower pace.

What I'd like to know, is, are there going to be multiple endings to the game, and what is going to be done to encourage people to replay the game.

I know that it is fairly easy for people to add new girls and items to the game right now, but what about the core game itself?  Will there be good, evil and neutral goals and endings?  Could you finish the game with just one brothel, or with no goons?

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
  • Messing Around With Python
Re: Endings & Replayability
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2010, 08:57:27 PM »
You get an ending of a sort when you defeat the last of the rival gangs. It's a bit brief, click too fast and you'll miss, although I'm working on that.

You can play past the ending however, and new opponents will arise in time, so from that viewpoint the game is open ended. In time I'd like to add some more plot lines so you can play through more than one story in Crossgate. Or at least allow people add extra storylines, I don't know how many I'll do myself.

It's been a while since I've played for any length of time, but when I do, I tend to play one game and keep it going until a new version forces a restart.

Offline zodiac44

• Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
Re: Endings & Replayability
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2010, 10:16:48 PM »
Right now, the game ends whenever I finish testing whatever thing I started out testing >;o)

It's been a loooooong while since I played the game just for the sake of playing it.  When I was just playing for the heck of it, I set goals for myself (own every non-random girl in the game, fill all brothels to the 255 girl max, earn over 1 billion gold, etc).  Curiously enough, I don't think I ever actually won the game in the defeat-all-your-rivals sense.
Capitalization is the difference between "I had to help my uncle Jack off a horse" and "I had to help my uncle jack off a horse."