devolution

Author Topic: Reviving the Wikia  (Read 4441 times)

Offline aevojoey

• Thats ok, I'm used to disappointment.
Reviving the Wikia
« on: May 21, 2014, 07:41:19 PM »
I would like to revive the Wikia page for WhoreMaster.

http://whoremaster.wikia.com/

I am not too good with writing, but I can edit and add needed stuff.
If anyone has experience with wikia.com, please create some pages with basic information and I will add details where needed.
Fixing the game is a better game than actually playing it.
Get the Current Version <|> Discuss the Game <|> Report a bug

Offline hewhocumsbynight

• All Hail the Crimson King!
Re: Reviving the Wikia
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2014, 03:24:08 AM »
Interesting project.  I forgot that the Wikia existed!  What sort of content are you looking for?
My MEGA folder can be found at:  https://mega.co.nz/#F!EYhAgTyI!keiMX47NrnGOEozwNb2Vfg

Torrent link of my version, effective September, 2016:  magnet:?xt=urn:btih:4606F11A1C216337D7F3DFD6716307F48CFB996A&dn=WhoreMaster.06.02.29&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.openbittorrent.com%3a80

Offline aevojoey

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2014, 10:04:37 AM »
Basically everything. That's not asking too much, is it? ;D

Create main pages for general info, ie. Jobs, skills, traits, buildings, etc.
Skills are already there but they could be expanded eventually.
Traits and items are there but they could be rearranged for easier viewing.
Individual pages for jobs with more detail on how they work.

Offline Nex Crimen

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2014, 05:16:39 PM »
Brilliant Idea, the only problem I can see is the lack of people who still play the original game. Does any one not run crazy's mod at the moment? That being said, I've got a lot of free time on my hands, so I'll do some digging, see what information I can get. I'll probably do a basic tutorial on how to edit the XML files the game uses, for pretty much everything.

Offline aevojoey

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2014, 05:44:42 PM »
Brilliant Idea, the only problem I can see is the lack of people who still play the original game. Does any one not run crazy's mod at the moment?
That is why I wanted to take over and rebuild the wiki, to get more people to play it.
As I see it, not many played the original because there was no info on how to play it.
I have already added links on the wiki to point to Crazy's mod thread as the "Unofficial Version" while still leaving the link to the "Official Version"

Also, setting up the wiki to be up to date for documentation relating to Crazy's version may entice anyone else working on their own versions to join in.
I would love to get a hold of the source code for any other versions of the game to add them to this.

I'll probably do a basic tutorial on how to edit the XML files the game uses, for pretty much everything.
Good start.
If you could make a page that describes the file tree and where special files go, that would be a help.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2014, 05:48:03 PM by aevojoey »

Offline crazy

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2014, 10:46:28 PM »
I would love to get a hold of the source code for any other versions of the game to add them to this.
Ive merged all version that put up a source code but anon's version..  Couldn't get them working and didnt agree with some of his changes anyway.  Im sure there might be more out there but never release on this site

Offline aevojoey

« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2014, 12:16:19 AM »
I just added 2 pages to the wikia for Stats and Skills.
If anyone with writing skills wants to check them and add more text to them, please do.

Offline 0nymous

• Date eam in verpa.
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2014, 05:14:04 AM »
Refinement - (being written for addition in version .06 with the Farm.) Lowers with sex jobs and farm jobs. Raises with performance and social jobs.

I wouldn't name this new stat "Refinement". I know what's the intended usage here (although I don't what its level affects) and I definitely wouldn't want all sex jobs to lower it. Are there no refined prostitutes after all?

I'd think "Dignity" is a better name for the skill's intended usage in this scenario.  It would also set up an easy ground for what she's willing to do in the interaction scripts, example; if you order her to give you a blowjob, a Spirit check is made if it's low enough for her to agree, and then a Dignity check is made if it's low enough for her to be willing.

Mind you, I think "Refinement" on its own is an excellent idea for a separate stat, just in a different case. Going by the definition:

1. not coarse or vulgar; genteel, elegant, or polite
2. subtle; discriminating
3. freed from impurities; purified

So it's something that should definitely be influenced by the "Princess", "Queen" and "Elegant" traits.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2014, 05:27:45 AM by 0nymous »