Author Topic: Why have a girl work at security when a gang is guarding?  (Read 4802 times)

Offline a3535196

Why have a girl work at security when a gang is guarding?
« on: June 05, 2014, 07:23:12 PM »
Topic says it all, why have a girl work at security when a gang is guarding? The girl is expensive and apparently provides no benefits other than "handling unruly customers" which otherwise wouldn't cause any trouble.

Offline hewhocumsbynight

• All Hail the Crimson King!
Re: Why have a girl work at security when a gang is guarding?
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2014, 08:23:46 PM »
The Security Girl and the various gangs cover for different actions, as well as I can understand.

The Security Girl is charged with preventing rapes or assault by the customers.
The gangs in charge of guarding prevent the sabotage attempts your foes make.

This is my understanding, but that doesn't mean that I'm accurate.  These results just happen to fit a trend of events.
My MEGA folder can be found at:  https://mega.co.nz/#F!EYhAgTyI!keiMX47NrnGOEozwNb2Vfg

Torrent link of my version, effective September, 2016:  magnet:?xt=urn:btih:4606F11A1C216337D7F3DFD6716307F48CFB996A&dn=WhoreMaster.06.02.29&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.openbittorrent.com%3a80

Offline aevojoey

• Thats ok, I'm used to disappointment.
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2014, 09:50:47 PM »
At the start of the game, a Girl on security is less important because there is less chance of enemies attacking you.

Enemy gang size is a random number set in the config.xml with <Gangs ... InitMemberMin = "#"  and InitMemberMax = "#" ... />

The Security Level of each building is used to repel enemy gang attacks.
Security Level drops by 30 per day.
The only way to raise it it to have girls working security.

The first line for defense is the Security Level.
 - If Security Level is higher than (enemy gang size *5) they are stopped before the have a chance to attack.
If they get through, Security Level drops by (enemy gang size *5).

Once through, the attackers go up against one of the girls on security duty.
If they get past her, they go against your gang on security.
If they get past them, then the girl they are attacking has to defend herself.

This may not prevent customers from attacking the girls, as they are handled differently, only enemy gangs.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2014, 09:55:37 PM by aevojoey »
Fixing the game is a better game than actually playing it.
Get the Current Version <|> Discuss the Game <|> Report a bug

Offline a3535196

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2014, 01:09:47 AM »
- If Security Level is higher than (enemy gang size *5) they are stopped before the have a chance to attack.

That means if a girl increases security by 75 or more, attacks would be impossible since max gang size is 15. If that's true maybe it should be amended because it doesn't make sense.

Also I'll ask the same question asked in main thread: Does AI understand about this so it can protect itself? Would it ever happen that your attacks on AI will "abort" because it appointed a strong girl with 75+ for its defense?

Edit: From the changelog: "Attackers who cause trouble to girls is now a group of 1-10 people. (I'm specifically NOT calling them gangs to avoid confusion.) They don't have healing potions or weapon levels."
I guess that means security girls cannot protect against rival gangs, just annoying customers so to speak.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2014, 04:48:25 AM by a3535196 »

Offline aevojoey

• Thats ok, I'm used to disappointment.
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2014, 11:33:10 AM »
That means if a girl increases security by 75 or more, attacks would be impossible since max gang size is 15. If that's true maybe it should be amended because it doesn't make sense.
Agreed.
I changed it so the the security level goes down by 1 per attacker before checking if they get though.
Then, if any attackers survive, the security level goes down by 5 per attacker who survived.
The guards may kill some of them but those who get through do more damage.
Less total now but more 1 per attacker who survived.

Also I'll ask the same question asked in main thread: Does AI understand about this so it can protect itself? Would it ever happen that your attacks on AI will "abort" because it appointed a strong girl with 75+ for its defense?
Your gang's Sabotage missions are handled differently than your enemy's Sabotage missions.
I have not gotten to checking much of the gang code yet.
Also Enemy gang's girls have no jobs.

Edit: From the changelog: "Attackers who cause trouble to girls is now a group of 1-10 people. (I'm specifically NOT calling them gangs to avoid confusion.) They don't have healing potions or weapon levels."
I guess that means security girls cannot protect against rival gangs, just annoying customers so to speak.
Not exactly, this change only reduced the number of attackers, not who the attackers are.
Enemy gangs and bad customers are treated the same; Enemy gangs can be bad customers and bad customers can be enemy gangs.
Fixing the game is a better game than actually playing it.
Get the Current Version <|> Discuss the Game <|> Report a bug