devolution

Author Topic: So I heard...  (Read 4716 times)

exodia91

So I heard...
« on: June 08, 2010, 11:36:36 PM »
having sexy underwear on under clothes doesn't boost a girls confidence or libido at ALL, because plainly if its not visible it ceases to exist for all intents and purposes. Also, skanky dresses wouldn't show them off at ALL, obviously. (;^3)

Offline Uriel

Re: So I heard...
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2010, 11:41:23 PM »
Wow, i thought it's one of the things you learn at school...  ;)

Offline Dagoth

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2010, 11:44:29 PM »
having sexy underwear on under clothes doesn't boost a girls confidence or libido at ALL.

That would be a reason to add in an underwear category, yes.

Also, skanky dresses wouldn't show them off at ALL, obviously. (;^3)

That, however, would not be sensible to program the ability to handle the rare exceptions to the rule. It would take much more work than it would be worth. Of course, if the underwear item category were added, people would then be fully capable of setting whatever stats/skills/traits they wanted to be applied no matter the clothing worn over them, sensible or not, so I guess that point is moot.

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
  • Messing Around With Python
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2010, 03:39:41 AM »
I think this is another one of those roleplay-vs-game-mechanics issues.

Think of it in terms of roleplay, and it's fun to kit your girls out in all sorts of slinky stuff.

Think of it in terms of game play and ... do we really need another item slot?

I'm kind of neutral on this one, although the game mechanics approach does have the advantage of not needing any work

Offline FurryFanatic

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2010, 03:21:46 PM »
I would almost recommend just creating your own underwear items and adding them into the "Misc." section.  I don't really see underwear being useful in anything but girls doing stripping, waitressing, and massage.  When I think about the other jobs, unless their outfit is pure underwear or lingerie it's not really a benefit to create a new class of equipment.  Just an opinion.

exodia91

« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2010, 05:18:52 PM »
Put it in misc and you could give her like 5 different pairs. Players can create their own ridiculously powerful items as it is, so from my point of view its pretty much impossible for it to unbalance it more. Plus the point of this game is for players to have fun playing with their little slutty dolls. If this were a game where its appeal was based in challenge and difficulty, I might agree. But most players just want to Screw around with the girls.

Offline Dagoth

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2010, 02:21:44 AM »
That, and if you want your girls to be dressed slutty, have her wear only underwear which is conveniently in the "dress" category. That's how it works in the official items pack by LordShame, and it seems a sensible enough way of handling underwear to me.

As I said before, though, I'm not adamantly against adding in a separate category for underwear, I just don't currently see it as being particularly useful vs. the gameplay implications.

Before underwear I'd be more likely to consider adding a "cloak" item category for cloaks and capes to be worn over regular clothing.

exodia91

« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2010, 02:59:20 AM »
What gameplay implications, because if you say balance I SWEAR TO GOD I WILL SMACK YOU UPSIDE THE HEAD WITH A RUBBER FRYING PAN WHILE SCREAMING THE NATIONAL ANTHEM. No, don't ask, I don't know why.

Offline Uriel

« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2010, 03:51:17 AM »
What about such things as vibrator panties? Strapon? Bonds? I think we need this lingerie category because of them.

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2010, 04:42:09 AM »
What about such things as vibrator panties? Strapon? Bonds? I think we need this lingerie category because of them.
They'd also work as misc items, of course.

I suppose the question here is going to be "where do we draw the line". There's always going to be scope to elaborate the clothing model. If we have underswear, do we want a separate slot of bra and panties, for instance? In which case, why not break armour down by body part? Do we want an earring slot as distinct from rings and jewlery?

You can make a case for all of these, and probably more, but the code still needs writing.  Unless anyone's ready to volunteer, I think we probably have higer priorities.

Of course, we could look at solving this in the general case with some sort of XML file that defines what equipment slots exist and what items they can accept, which would at least solve the "feature creep" aspects of the problem.

But we'd still need someone to write it.

(or course, the big appeal for a system lke that is the possibility of doing a paper-doll style inventory screen somewhere down the line. But again, I'm not convinced that's a priority).

Offline Uriel

« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2010, 05:27:16 AM »
We, a Legion Of Perverts, lurking on this forum, demand a lingerie category:D

Thanks for your hard bug-hunting Dagoth.

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2010, 09:34:25 AM »
We, a Legion Of Perverts, lurking on this forum, demand a lingerie category:D

You're more than welcome to write the code for it. We do take patches :)

Failing that, it's going to have to wait until someone on the dev team feels inspired. I might take a look at it at some point, if only because the paper doll aspect appeals to me. But I have a few things I need to finish up first.