devolution

Author Topic: Questions and suggestions about traits, stats and items  (Read 12622 times)

Offline megamanx

• I watch DBZ Abridged and give it three thumbs up
Re: Questions and suggestions about traits, stats and items
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2010, 08:33:29 PM »
yeah a scale would be great and the traits should show the changes in the editor to help balance the stats better
REST IN PIECE TOONAMI.
From beginning to the very end I was there. I will never forget.
Tom and the Absolution 1997-2008
A great Character and a funny host. You will live on forever in this.

Offline fixet

« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2010, 08:46:03 PM »
I like the idea (that someone posted somewhere) about changing the way traits work

make them not give stat bonuses, but instead raise the cap, or affect the results in some other way
like assassin with 100 combat will have a chance to escape after a lost battle, or have a bigger chance to win than a regular girl with 100 combat

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
  • Messing Around With Python
« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2010, 04:15:29 AM »
maybe we should try to form some sort of consensus on the stats, like exactly what 50 combat means

You're welcome to try. The last time I broached the subject, exodia screamed blue murder, but maybe that won't be a problem this time.

Offline adrian24

« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2010, 06:00:15 AM »
1. As for mana, how much should be given? I don't know how much mana one spell costs and what spells there are. And is mana stat - mana cap or beggining mana?

2. It says that natural beauty cannot be raised during game and affects a cap how much will a customer pay for this girl. What about items that will make a girl look more attractive to a customer?

Offline Mehzerz

• Rockin' the after life after party
« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2010, 12:52:21 PM »
lol the ol' traits debate!
I personally always thought girls were TOO over powered at the start, but I've always tried to make them as balanced as possible as well. It's definitely the traits that alter the girls so much. They REALLY need to be revised... but you're right. The girls are very unbalanced. But that's part of the whole modding aspect. What you find fun may not be fun to whoever created the girls, so you have these over powered monsters *Figuratively speaking* running around.
But then, some girls also have TOO many traits. I suppose an alternative to that is having "locked" traits. So even if say a girl has 14 traits 10 are locked until she gains a level. When she gains a level she'll have access to 5 traits. ect. ect. I personally try to make my girls a little less outrageous stat-wise as possible. Many of which find themselves in starting looks of 30-50 but with the various traits this number can raise quite drastically.

Of course all of this debate will be a thing of the past since WM is all about modding. Traits will be alterable for your game so there's no qualms there. Though, I'm sure people will just download whoever has the most "balanced" trait list and use that. They may be unbalanced NOW but they won't be eventually, just enjoy the game for what it is at the moment.
Starter girls image additions progress:
26 girls, 18 to go

Offline Lorde

• Accepting requests for girl expansion packs.
« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2010, 01:47:17 PM »
lol the ol' traits debate!
I personally always thought girls were TOO over powered at the start, but I've always tried to make them as balanced as possible as well. It's definitely the traits that alter the girls so much. They REALLY need to be revised... but you're right. The girls are very unbalanced. But that's part of the whole modding aspect. What you find fun may not be fun to whoever created the girls, so you have these over powered monsters *Figuratively speaking* running around.
But then, some girls also have TOO many traits. I suppose an alternative to that is having "locked" traits. So even if say a girl has 14 traits 10 are locked until she gains a level. When she gains a level she'll have access to 5 traits. ect. ect. I personally try to make my girls a little less outrageous stat-wise as possible. Many of which find themselves in starting looks of 30-50 but with the various traits this number can raise quite drastically.

Yeah I found this out the hard way when I first got started with my girl packs. Some of my earlier work have ridiculously imbalanced stats. 
Current Girl Work Schedule            
* Revy  (Black Lagoon)
* Stab at The series He is my Master
* Run Elsie Jewelria and Yuuki Rito (To Love Ru)
* Yukari Takeba (Persona 3)
* Work on the Code Geass girls

Offline adrian24

« Reply #21 on: August 25, 2010, 12:31:39 PM »
Suggestion and 2 questions:

1.Suggestion: Intelligence should affect girls buying choices. Basically WM edit sets that item can be bought by girls freely if it has value 20 or less (on 0-100 bad item scale). However if a girl is dumb I think she would buy items that are not so good - with decreased intelligence value of harmful items that can be bought freely should increase (so unlike smart girl, dumb one would buy for example potion of bimboification (+looks, -intelligence  :D ) ).

2. Question: If I first add traits to girl and then manually input stats, will traits add values to my already written stats after saving girl: for example I give her trait nerd (+10 intelligence) and input 65 intelligence - end result 75 intelligence after save?

3. Question: if girl is rebellious and/or refuses to work; is it possible to make the game show specific picture for that event?
« Last Edit: August 25, 2010, 12:35:00 PM by adrian24 »

Offline Lorde

• Accepting requests for girl expansion packs.
« Reply #22 on: August 25, 2010, 03:09:58 PM »
2.) Yes. It would be nice if the Girl Editor reflected this, but it doesn't.

Current Girl Work Schedule            
* Revy  (Black Lagoon)
* Stab at The series He is my Master
* Run Elsie Jewelria and Yuuki Rito (To Love Ru)
* Yukari Takeba (Persona 3)
* Work on the Code Geass girls

Offline cleaveice

« Reply #23 on: September 08, 2010, 03:54:40 AM »
Hello there.. newbie here lolx..

well i started playing recently and found that there're awfully lots of stats, while buying girls my eyes went spiralling lolx..
basically at start, those stats doesnt matter right? like inteligence (girls dont buy things at start) , migic or mana (they fight not)
my question is whether these stats affect the number of costumer you'll get..
for example, if i buy a shy girls will i get less costumers? (very likely i think)

second is the price. well logically speaking girls with good stats would fetch higher price? but another factor when buying girls is the pay per costumer, well some may have high pay per costumer but due to trait like shyness, will that make less profit?

and about clumsy ones..well (i had to make her clean, she's terrible at everything else) is there an anti clumsy item somewhere later in the game? (im at first year btw)

well uh, is there tips/ guide to buying girls around here? *should check it out first =.=" *