devolution

Poll

Should we set up a PinkPetal wiki?

Good Idea. I'd like to contribute
4 (11.4%)
Good Idea, although I'm not too keen on contributing.
15 (42.9%)
So-So Idea: I don't think WM needs one, but it does no harm.
16 (45.7%)
Bad Idea: A wast of time and effort
0 (0%)
Other: Please specify in thread
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Voting closed: September 30, 2010, 12:31:21 PM

Author Topic: Poll: Should we have a wiki?  (Read 8423 times)

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
  • Messing Around With Python
Poll: Should we have a wiki?
« on: September 23, 2010, 12:31:21 PM »
I've seen a couple of posts asking about a WM wiki lately, and it seems like a good idea.

On the plus side, Wikia.com will let us create one for free, and there's already a god amount of H-Game content on there, so we shouldn't have any hassle about adult material.

On the negative side, we'll need people to write the thing. Personally, I might do some stuff on scripting and modding, but I'm not volunteering to do the whole thing myself.

So who thinks it's a good idea, and of those, who would be willing to do some writing?
« Last Edit: September 23, 2010, 04:51:08 PM by DocClox »

Offline Abtakha

Re: Poll: Should we have a wiki?
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2010, 12:50:15 PM »
I'd contribute, but my regular access to the Internets be disappearing for the next unspecified while :-[
There will be exceptions to everything I say, without exception

Offline TF

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2010, 01:50:54 PM »
I chose to say it'd be a good idea, but that I wouldn't care to contribute, but I'd like to add the caveat, "at the moment." Seems to me that there's still a few fairly significant changes in development and for my part, I'd wait until things are a bit more set in stone before laying out a guide.

Offline ShadowMage

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2010, 03:52:43 PM »
I'd contribute, but my regular access to the Internets be disappearing for the next unspecified while :-[

I'm facing the same problem, unless my dad gives me some money for my computer upgrade. But knowing him, he'll waste money on some crappy computer which will cost him more than my computer upgrade  :(

Offline Lorde

• Accepting requests for girl expansion packs.
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2010, 04:25:28 PM »
I wouldn't mind contributing. I'm getting more free time these days so count me in.
Current Girl Work Schedule            
* Revy  (Black Lagoon)
* Stab at The series He is my Master
* Run Elsie Jewelria and Yuuki Rito (To Love Ru)
* Yukari Takeba (Persona 3)
* Work on the Code Geass girls

Offline Amoeba

« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2010, 04:18:41 PM »
I like the idea, but I probably wouldn't contribute. While I like Whoremaster and find discussions about it and it's lore interesting to read, I'm mainly here for information pertaining to or that might effect Clonemaster. So yeah, contributions from me seem less than likely. I do think that even if it takes time to fill it out, it would be time well spent to have a central spot for information pertaining to the game.

Offline Venusblue

« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2010, 10:33:09 PM »
JESUS CHRIST YES GET A WIKI.

I would be willing to contribute to it as well, however, I think it would be best for the dev team to concentrate their efforts on development... As great as a wiki sounds, I think it would be significantly better if there was a lot more material... things like random events, quests and whatnot... It would make it more interesting and give people something that they actually need to look up on a wiki, they'll want to figure out how to trigger the quest to get that girl from the anime that they like, ect.

As of now, a tutorial and the manual is all you need to get a real good understanding of the game.. there is not a lot of in depth content that requires a wiki.

There also doesn't seem to be a huge fanbase, but I think that's because people just haven't heard of this game... I think it's amazing, it could definitely be bigger then slave-maker 3 I think. In fact, i'm going to go make a few posts in some forums about it...

Offline Flowersteel

« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2010, 11:46:34 AM »
Give me a couple of days and Ill make one for you, IRL is keeping me very occupied at the moment, but a WIKI I should at least be able to contribute to you guys. Ill check if one is made before I start, if someone else makes one before I get around to it.

When on the topic: There is the manual thread - are there any threads that discuss game mechanics ? I mean what different traits give in bonuses, the chance of random events etc ?

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2010, 12:34:17 PM »
OK, cool. We seem to have enough people willing to work on it, and no one particularly objects, so it looks like a good thing to do.

We don't have a single "mechanics" thread, sadly. There are about a gazillion minor queries, with answers and a few robust debates on potential game mechanics.

For recent stuff, there are some notes on my wave as well, although most of that is Clonemaster plot notes.

Offline Flowersteel

« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2010, 11:54:09 AM »
Hi Doc,

I created a supre-basic WIKI for you here:

http://whoremaster.wikia.com/wiki/Whoremaster_Wiki

Ill try to make it look a bit better when I have the time - I dont think the game really needs it since the board has most of the info, but Ill try to update it further when I have more time.

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2010, 12:50:01 PM »
Thank you. I'm going to have to get registered with wikia again, I can see :)

Offline Flowersteel

« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2010, 07:33:12 PM »
Ah no need I think. Doesnt look like you need to be logged in to change the content - so anyone feel free to add information.

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2010, 09:31:59 PM »
OK. Although from what I've seen we'll need to protect it at some point. Otherwise the spambots will scrawl all over the thing :/

Offline leiric

« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2011, 08:54:45 PM »
Hello all, this is my first post here! I recently strated playing WM and was very pleased to find that it's almost exactly the game I planned to make one day. Since it's already in capable hands and I don't know any SDL, I decided to whatever else I can, like writing up dox for it.

The wiki is just the thing for me, it's far more practical than lurking the forums for bits of info related to gameplay. That said, I started to expand it and wanted to let you guys know that as long as I have the time, I'll try to keep it up to date.

It would be nice however to have some people who also consider it a good idea help out. PM me if you feel inclined to join the effort, or have anything useful to add but don't have the time or energy to add it urself.

I don't like you.

Offline Lafate

« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2011, 08:39:01 PM »
Even thought the polling is done. I think I would contribute if this game showed some signs of not staying in beta.