devolution

Author Topic: Newest Version: Crashes v1.30.4 Svn:593 Random Girl *Unmodified  (Read 5020 times)

Offline s1n

Newest Version: Crashes v1.30.4 Svn:593 Random Girl *Unmodified
« on: February 24, 2011, 12:54:14 AM »
Hi there. I absolutely love this game. I downloaded the newest version, without any character packs.

I'm currently on Day26 Month 6 Year 1209 and the game crashes whenever I press Next Week. Whether its from the save, or the Autosave. I think it is having problems load Random girls.

Not sure how to post a log, but when I reload the game and goes to the save. In the WM, all the buttoms on loaded and the last two lines that arn't "adding buttoms: or adding image:"

is loading . Resources/Characters/RandomAddon1.rgirlsx as XML
                  Resources/Characters/RandomGirls.rgirlsx as XML

THEN after I press next week, the game crashes and in the WM it says

Girl has no script trigger files: ./Resources/Characters/Bunny Girl/triggers.xml
Girl has no script trigger files: ./Resources/Characters/Bunny Girl/triggers.xml
Girl has no script trigger files: ./Resources/Characters/Demon G2/triggers.xml

Offline iamnuff

Re: Newest Version: Crashes v1.30.4 Svn:593 Random Girl *Unmodified
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2011, 03:55:01 AM »
im pretty sure only 3 girls have script triggers. and no randoms do,

if they were going to make your game crash they would have done so on day 1.

sometime the game just crashes for no apparent reason, save in more than one slot.

thats about all the help i can give...

Offline trex

• Donator
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2011, 08:38:11 AM »
I regularly get crashes when I go to the slave market, see a specific girl ect (Basically random screens) after I load some of my games, It usually resolves itself after I restart the game, sometimes it takes 2-4 times. Also yeah, save your save games! Copy all or just the specific save (remember to get the .mast file and .sav file!) and put them somewhere else you'll remember them.

If it still consistently screws up, IDK, but yeah like iamnuff stated, script triggers shouldn't be causing the crash as only 3 girls have scripts. (wish there was more!)

I haven't had a NEXT WEEK crash since 1.30 came out though, and I have 3gigs of girls and random item lists in my games. Maybe someone else can help you out.

I also get a crash on exit 70% of the time, but it never effects my saves so IDK what that is about either. I wonder what happened to the threesome option (and others in the talk menu) and the movie jobs. Are they completely out of the picture now?

Offline s1n

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2011, 02:40:02 PM »
Trex what version do you have? And so when you downloaded the girl packs, you just copied and pasted the character folders + the .girlx files into Whoremaster/resourse/character folder right?

To be quite honest, I downloaded moon's 400 gb girl pack, and I found that the original 1.30.4 has alot more balance, and crashes like almost never when I copy and pasted moon's girl packs into the original, there was alot more crashes often.

Offline drake

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2011, 02:52:42 PM »
Do you have a torturer girl? If so reload and turn her off then try to go to next week. I find the torturer girl is the cause of nearly ALL next week crashes. You can turn her back on after you succesfully move forwward one week, just be prepared to do it again in the future. For the record I am running SVN 596 with a few of my own modifications.

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
  • Messing Around With Python
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2011, 03:09:28 PM »
Must admit, I've been running a game with a torturer (which I don't usually do) and finding it a lot more crash prone.

I'll try running it under the debugger for a bit and see if I can get a stack trace.

Offline trex

• Donator
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2011, 05:47:03 PM »
Trex what version do you have? And so when you downloaded the girl packs, you just copied and pasted the character folders + the .girlx files into Whoremaster/resourse/character folder right?

To be quite honest, I downloaded moon's 400 gb girl pack, and I found that the original 1.30.4 has alot more balance, and crashes like almost never when I copy and pasted moon's girl packs into the original, there was alot more crashes often.

I have the latest r593 (?) version, and yeah I just copy the folders into that folder.

Is moon's addon pack also the one that alters the game? I don't think I have that. I don't play with a torturer girl so I mustn't have come across the same issues others that do have had, the latest version has been rock solid for me.

If I'm right about the moon pack, (altering the gameplay) what was it like? What did you like/dislike? Recommend d/ling?

Offline s1n

« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2011, 10:56:12 PM »
I have the latest r593 (?) version, and yeah I just copy the folders into that folder.

Is moon's addon pack also the one that alters the game? I don't think I have that. I don't play with a torturer girl so I mustn't have come across the same issues others that do have had, the latest version has been rock solid for me.

If I'm right about the moon pack, (altering the gameplay) what was it like? What did you like/dislike? Recommend d/ling?

The Moon's version was based on an older patch. It comes with the complete game and girls. I think the version is Svn:450 or 493 version. I dont think he modified the game code, but not too sure. Its 400 mb and has alot more girls. The pictures are good, but the thing is, it crashed alot more than the newest r593. I've played Moon's straight from the folder, and it crashed randomly every 20-30 minutes sometimes less sometimes more. Also, the balance is off. Like you would find a girl and it has like 0 traits. Or 10 traits, sometimes being addicted to like 3 drugs. When I just take the character folders and .xgirls files and copy them into the original r.593 version. The balance is again off with the same problems. The copied girls into the newest version r.593, I found it crashes less than the Moon's collection of girls on the older version but  still more than the unmodified newest r.593. I use a torturer and mason, so I'm not sure if its because of this.

Anyways, the thing that I don't like here is the balance for these girls on different character files. I dont like how it random it seems. Is there any good girl packs that have more balance and does not crash the game more? Please let me know.