Author Topic: Saving problem  (Read 2925 times)

Offline Xellos

Saving problem
« on: April 01, 2011, 02:45:46 PM »
Hi.
I downloaded last version yesterday. At first it didn't even start, so i installed that visual c++ libraries. Now game is running, and I must say it looks really interesting (much more options than in simbrothel), but I'm unable to save it.
When I click save button, message "game was saved" appears, but when I click load button in main menu, new loading screen (I guess there should be list of saves) is completely empty-I have nothing to choose and load :( .
What should I do?
I'll be grateful for any help.
Ah, you needn't worry about me, you can trust me. You see, I am Xellos, mysterious priest.

Offline fires_flair

Re: Saving problem
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2011, 10:25:13 PM »
did you check the save file location? is there any save files there? I don't know how to fix this problem (don't have it myself), but I think that's probably an important piece of info.
also if all you have is something like "FileName.gam.mast" delete the .mast and see if that works.

Offline Xellos

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2011, 02:32:04 PM »
I figured it out myself...it looks like I just put this game in wrong directory.
Somebody told me once, that storing games in program files is a bad idea, and it looks like that's true-at least in case of that game...
When I transferred it from c/program files to c/user/games, saves start to appear in loading window...magic, pure magic...
Well...maybe this thread will be useful to somebody...
Ah, you needn't worry about me, you can trust me. You see, I am Xellos, mysterious priest.

Offline Midnight_Amratha

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2011, 01:10:39 PM »
windows 7 has a tendency to deny saving rights to games unless they are listed as administrators, another way out of that is to reroute game to another file-path like you did.
The line between lunacy and genious is very thin.
So far i haven't been able to find it.