devolution

Author Topic: Game won't start. Tried all links.  (Read 3454 times)

Offline Psyrill

Game won't start. Tried all links.
« on: May 04, 2011, 03:38:17 AM »
I've tried downloading all the file links in the download post.  after i tried them all at least once, I tried again in sequence, from oldest to most recent just to make sure it wasn't an error in order.  I'm getting a different error now, but the fact that the game can't get to fully start is unfortunately the same.  The error is exactly how it appears in the box is:

"The procedure entry point
??1critical_section@Concurrency@@QAE@XZ could not be located in
the dynamic link library MSVCR100.dll

If anyone could help out with this, it would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks in advance

~Psy

Offline djwhite1984

Re: Game won't start. Tried all links.
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2011, 03:09:22 PM »
I've tried downloading all the file links in the download post.  after i tried them all at least once, I tried again in sequence, from oldest to most recent just to make sure it wasn't an error in order.  I'm getting a different error now, but the fact that the game can't get to fully start is unfortunately the same.  The error is exactly how it appears in the box is:

"The procedure entry point
??1critical_section@Concurrency@@QAE@XZ could not be located in
the dynamic link library MSVCR100.dll

If anyone could help out with this, it would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks in advance

~Psy

Are you sure? The last lines:

Reminder: if you get an error message regarding "msvcr100.dll" or similar, or for that matter any other error which prevents the game from starting, then you need to download and install the VC++2010 redistributable package.

So please check this installation first ;)

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
Re: Game won't start. Tried all links.
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2011, 04:32:17 PM »
 That did not work when I had the same problem. Apparently some software developers are installing "Incomplete or Edited" packages and if he already has one of those, installing it again will not solve the issue.

What did help in my case was uninstalling all packages (I had like 6 from different years and x86/x64 options) and installing them again directly from the Microsoft website. Note that you need to unistall and reinstall all packages or you will fix WM but ruin some of your other software/games. That means that 2010 package does not always substitute 2005 package and so on.

I hope that will solve your issue.
Like what we're doing?