devolution

Author Topic: -Xela's WM Mod Thread + Torrents-  (Read 127949 times)

Offline DarkTl

Re: -Xela's Quality Packs and Tutorials-
« Reply #105 on: November 23, 2011, 01:13:41 PM »
Please use normal, easily read font in girls descriptions and other big texts. Take a look on wm, only buttons have special font there.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
« Reply #106 on: November 23, 2011, 03:51:33 PM »
Yeah, I agree about the fonts, we need something simpler...
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
WM2 Alpha
« Reply #107 on: May 10, 2012, 06:15:30 AM »
Oki, so a small update for English speakers of Python adaptation of WM (Now working title is Legend of Alkion):

The idea originally was to create a clone of WM and expand on it but as we worked out the concept, it kept evolving and evolving… It could still be called a WM2 I suppose but there will be enough changes to the game to call it a completely new one. 

Background stories during main character creation are prolly confusing, reason for that is the fact that gamestory is based on a book our writer has written so the story depth will actually be quite formidable… This is an alpha so don’t expect a working game, but you can move around the screens, check out the main character, buy a couple of slaves, build a couple of rooms in the brothel and set girls to work, play around with items so you can get the idea of a direction where the game is headed.

Below is a link for a battle engine similar to the one that will be used in the game (It will be a different BEngine created by our game’s programmer Eliont, but this one works and ‘feels’ in similar manner)
Money = > One Gold coin = 50 Silver coins = 500 Copper coins

-Game will eventually have quests and events, both main (story based) and normal (random, repetitive and etc)

-There should be a ‘World’ map and ‘Local’ maps to add more locations than one city but that has not been implemented yet.

-There will be fights against monsters and maybe other characters (As you could prolly guessed from battle engine I mentioned earlier)

-Game economy and mechanics have not yet been implemented so don’t expect jobs to do much (Still, there are some jobs already capable of changing character stats).

Items are taken from DoD so these are not the once we'll be using :)

I’ve done a ‘quick’ translation; obviously more time/thought will be put into that when a more playable version is ready.
Changed the font to something easier on the eyes as Dark suggested.

Link:
Dropbox (I cannot upload to MF right now for some reason, upload is queued and doesn't change from that)

Alpha:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/vsjexp4hnf7ptab/alkion-0.4-win32.rar

Similar BattleEngine:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/o4fsd2bphkyztlr/BattleEngine%20Demo-win32.rar

If you have any comments or ideas, feel free to post here.

Pics:

« Last Edit: May 10, 2012, 06:37:31 AM by Xela »
Like what we're doing?

Offline Natanil

« Reply #108 on: May 12, 2012, 06:22:39 PM »
interesting
I'll be watching a closer look

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
Alkion
« Reply #109 on: May 21, 2012, 10:15:24 AM »
 Finally got MediaFire to work :)

- http://www.mediafire.com/?yua076c7jyaa64u

This is nearly same thing as I've uploaded before but huge amount of code had been rewritten. Also a nice interface cleanup, some bug fixes, fixes for when setting girls to work and picking their specific jobs in rooms window.

Some more info on what we're working on:

- Battle Engine will be based on portraits instead of full sized characters.
 - Girls will no longer have starting stats you can set in xml. Instead starting stats are being determined only by starting traits.
 - Girls will not fight, fighting will be for heroes only (Main hero + Friendly party).
 - There will be a 'walkabout' engine, simple two dimensional array tile map, each tile can be given own pictures for display, flags, events, chest with items, monsters and so on.
 - As you can see 'Rooms' with jobs are nearly finished, Original file comes from original WM but it was never implemented there...

Nothing is set in stone yet, but this is our current line of work.

Small mistake during translating: Client in Rooms Window is supposed to be Add Girl.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Nogood

« Reply #110 on: May 21, 2012, 05:15:55 PM »
i can't even try this out because i get an error message saying:
"While running game code:
Exception: Could not find font 'ANTQUAB.TTF'."

i searched around in the python files a bit for the problem and while i found it's a bit too much for me to mess around with right now (i'm no programmer).
i have the ANTQUAB.TTF in the game\font folder so it's a problem with the algorithm i guess, i have moved around the library as well to see if anything happened but still the same thing.

i have attached the traceback of the error for you

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #111 on: May 22, 2012, 03:06:08 AM »
 I tested it before uploading to MF and by some wonder it actually worked for me...

The problem is in path: style.default.font = "ANTQUAB.TTF" in options.rpy

Should be: style.default.font = "fonts/ANTQUAB.TTF" or any font you find in fonts folder like: style.default.font = "fonts/Rubius.ttf"

Delete the binary options.rpyc and replace with options.rpy (already fixed but this one you can edit)

Also placing fonts in game folder might fix the issue. I'll fix the 'Client' mistranslation and post the game again.

Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #112 on: May 22, 2012, 03:34:37 AM »
This should be fixed: http://www.mediafire.com/?a6qkan5dpb7m4px

By the way, you can click on girls profile pic in main brothel screen and room management screen for more options. That is not always obvious :)

Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
Re: -Xela's WM/Alkion Thread-
« Reply #113 on: June 25, 2012, 05:39:58 PM »
Been a while since I've posted here  :-[

This is a vanilla version of buildings tree for Alkion. If anyone is interested you just have to throw Building Tree.spl7 on top of sPlan.exe. Soft is in Russian but all text is in English. No rooms for building or jobs allowed in rooms have been added yet.

http://www.mediafire.com/?j7dd12qwoby6c84

New version of Alpha should be out in couple of weeks. Clients will be added, some bugs fixed, maybe some stuff for a bank...
Like what we're doing?

Offline Ioriya

« Reply #114 on: June 25, 2012, 09:41:29 PM »
Wow... I've been at this forum for a bit and check daily.

I'm amazed i didnt spot this project...............

I'll be checking this out

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #115 on: August 31, 2012, 05:46:40 PM »
I wonder if this project will be abandoned (if it hasn't already happened). Looks like Eliont will be too busy at work to continue it.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #116 on: September 03, 2012, 06:05:46 AM »
I wonder if this project will be abandoned (if it hasn't already happened). Looks like Eliont will be too busy at work to continue it.

Nope, so far we have been on hiatus because everyone was on summer vacation. Project has definitely not been abandoned, we have found a great artist, maybe an extra programmer and made a lot of progress in figuring out general concept.

We'll start working on it again soon enough, I have to put our discussions and ideas in general concept tree, I've been putting that off for far to long.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #117 on: December 15, 2012, 05:32:45 AM »
Well... after nearly 100 000 downloads my MediaFire account dedicated to WM was locked for a series of strikes.

I do not have time to 'RE'restore my own thread or AGL right now so it will have to wait a long while.

If anyone has some time to spare and a collection of girls from AGL, be my guest to take over like I did from Lafate over an year ago, maybe someone can even expand it to cover WM:EX and crazy's Mods.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2012, 05:34:27 AM by Xela »
Like what we're doing?

Offline F-Trill

« Reply #118 on: December 15, 2012, 05:55:04 AM »
Xela, do you have the files for these?  If you do, and IF you can torrent, I should be able to help you out with this.

Please let me know one way or another.  I hate to see your hard work go out the window because of such BS.  PM me if you like.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #119 on: December 15, 2012, 06:10:09 AM »
Xela, do you have the files for these?  If you do, and IF you can torrent, I should be able to help you out with this.

Please let me know one way or another.  I hate to see your hard work go out the window because of such BS.  PM me if you like.

Thanks for stepping up :)

I obviously have all files from AGL and my own packs and while never having to upload torrents before, figuring out how can't be to hard. It can only be done in about a week thou as I cannot do it today and leaving again tomorrow. I've only had time to get you guys Wood skin files and check something for Kai.

I'll PM you as I am back to my PC and we'll figure something out, MediaFire either needs to be replaces as a hosting site or solution must be found like protecting files with password and scrambled names. Also I can give you source for AGL thread so you would not have to retype the whole damn thing.

PS: I'll remain in contact and developing my own SimBrothel version from Laptop.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2012, 06:11:44 AM by Xela »
Like what we're doing?