devolution

Author Topic: Whore Master EX  (Read 477549 times)

Offline THE FUTURE

Re: Whore Master EX
« Reply #150 on: October 27, 2011, 02:58:21 PM »
It's an understandable inclination, but I'm against doing that. The problem is that it doesn't really solve the issue it's trying to fix because you still get wildly inconsistent pics for the random girl across the spectrum of pic types. The source problem lies in the fact that rgirl packs themselves are wildly inconsistent, so the proper solution is to produce less inconsistent .rgirl packs.
This is the last week of bug fixes. Barring anything catastrophic, development of a "sequel" to WM EX begins next week. If there is a major bug that hasn't been addressed, say so now or you're going to have to wait quite a long time for it to be fixed.

Offline Popuri

« Reply #151 on: October 27, 2011, 03:07:00 PM »
Yeah, at the moment in my current folder I have 207 different random girl types.  Cat Girl 1, Cat Girl 2, etc.  Each has one profile picture, and I just rely on the default folder for other stuff.  Probably going to trim numbers a bit and try to make consistent girls, eventually. <.<

Offline Crisis21

« Reply #152 on: October 27, 2011, 04:29:01 PM »
I have a new pack of random girls for WMEX. This one is double the fun!

One is labeled "Fox Girl" and is a random encounter in the catacombs.

The other is labeled "Kitsune" and is available as a normal random girl everywhere else under the assumption they've been hiding in human society. ;)

You may notice that the pics in each folder do not overlap with their names, so you can move them around to your hearts desire without having to rename them.

I had quite a bit of trouble getting decent H-pics that weren't from a well-known anime *cough*touhou*cough* so I hope this is up to spec.

Offline THE FUTURE

« Reply #153 on: October 27, 2011, 04:45:01 PM »
Not bad, beast pics dont work in EX though. Other than that, good job.
This is the last week of bug fixes. Barring anything catastrophic, development of a "sequel" to WM EX begins next week. If there is a major bug that hasn't been addressed, say so now or you're going to have to wait quite a long time for it to be fixed.

Offline Crisis21

« Reply #154 on: October 27, 2011, 05:19:02 PM »
I know. I just had to include it anyway.

I almost labeled it "How fox-girls are made" =P

Offline THE FUTURE

« Reply #155 on: October 27, 2011, 10:10:19 PM »
Weekly girl pack release!

Notice!! Once you start a save, you cannot add new unique girls. You can only add random girls. You'll have to make a new save if you plan to add any new uniques. This is an issue with official whoremaster (probably revision 640 onward), so if you can fix that, I want to see your fix!

uniques:
Soifon
Kasumi
Bianca Whitaker
Eureka - there was an issue with her ecchi pics, delete all of Eureka's files before adding
Lucy Heartfilia
Tiffania Westwood
Rider
Sumeragi Lee Noriega
Marina Ismail
Wang Liu Mei
Mion Sonozaki
Saeko Busujima
Cecilia Alcott
Athena Asamiya
Yuiko Kurugaya
Ranka Lee
Temari
Boa Hancock
Arin
Naoto Shirogane
Skyla
Airi
Cecily Campbell
Chun-Li
Sanae Kochiya - upgraded
Dark Magician Girl

randoms: (can add to an existing save)
Kimono Girl
School Girl
Dragon Girl
China Dress - removes Wang Liu Mei/Nao/Chun-Li pics but you have to delete your old China Dress files before adding or else you just wasted your time
« Last Edit: October 28, 2011, 09:00:45 PM by THE FUTURE »

Offline THE FUTURE

« Reply #156 on: October 27, 2011, 10:49:22 PM »
v1.2
See the change list. The game feels quite a lot more polished now, though I feel it's too easy at the moment.

800x600
1024x768
1152x864
1280x768
1280x800
1280x1024
1366x768
1600x900
1600x1200
1920x1080

Other resolutions will be released next week. Let me know if there are any problems with your resolution pack.

Changes:
-Warning messages cleaned up quite a lot
-Interaction scripts now display sex pics!
-Interaction->Blowjob in the dungeon is no longer bugged
-Pressing < or > in the Turn Summary Screen now goes up or down the girl event list instead of switching brothels
-Security now blocks girl escapes differently (needs enough security rating to prevent an escape)
-Maximum customer limit for a building increased significantly
-Whore job is a lot more forgiving of bad stats
-The way that sex traits are gained was modified somewhat
-Income from jobs tweaked; probably needs even more tweaking
-Can now get Exhibitionist traits by doing XXX Entertainer
-Fixed not being able to get past Oral Sex lv2.1
-Fame no longer resets when it gets too high
-Oral Sex at 80+ in skill messages were tweaked a little
-RAvailable Missions no longer exist!
-Daily Cost no longer exists!
-Item auto usage code modified
-The old Torturer bug should no longer exist; let me know if you still get it
-Other stuff that I forgot to write down

Offline Popuri

« Reply #157 on: October 27, 2011, 11:21:19 PM »
Looks great so far.  The change for alerts on refusal to work, and the interaction displays are terrific. :)

Offline bobjohn

« Reply #158 on: October 28, 2011, 02:41:25 AM »
See the change list. The game feels quite a lot more polished now, though I feel it's too easy at the moment.

probably because WM never has a middle or end game.  The most challenging/enjoyable part has always been the first 2-3 turns of gameplay.  After that, there's very little sense of progression.  (in WM, you just buy max items for girls; in WME you just hit the next week button until you get lucky and the girls get desirable trait from jobs... and buy max items)

You'll probably need to revamp/remove the gang/territory fight and introduce more progression.  Might I suggest a more RPG-like approach, like making levels and experience more meaningful and introducing skill trees.

If you want to keep the gang fight aspect, you can always replace it with girls--similar to replacing gang guard with girl security.

Offline THE FUTURE

« Reply #159 on: October 28, 2011, 04:03:45 AM »
I was referring to the beginning of the game.

Offline bobjohn

« Reply #160 on: October 28, 2011, 05:59:54 AM »
I was referring to the beginning of the game.

oh that

a random 300 gold low stat slave girl can bring in almost as much gold as a 1k+ gold girl on turn 1 as a barmaid/waitress

besides which, since there is no time limit, it doesn't really matter if you can get off the red lines on turn 1 or turn 20
no urgency, no goals, impossible to fail

1) can be solve by introducing more/steeper progression to girls' income/stat/values: like instead of making 20 the max base stat, make 20 the max initiate base stat and higher level allows higher max base stat.  This would maintain the balance you're trying to do while allowing progression.  A high level experienced girl can and should (flavor-wise and gameplay-wise) make much more than the exact same girl at a lower experience--meaning on turn1 your barmaid will make comparatively much less money and so you won't be able to "buy" more girls so fast.  This would also make "Take a Walk" less gamebreaking.  Of course, doing this requires increasing the max stat to be higher than a 100.

2) easiest solution is just to revamp the current defunct goal in the game to something relevant or just start introducing/reintroducing obstacles/attrition: daily fee, landlord fee, city tax, mandatory bribe, larger brothel creates more unhappiness in the girls, etc

by the way, what's the "laundering money/gold" in the WM vanilla for anyway?

Offline Popuri

« Reply #161 on: October 28, 2011, 07:28:27 AM »
As I recall, you are taxed on how much money you make.  But you can launder a % of your initial income, and whatever launder isn't taxed.  Probably mostly added as a 'crime lord' favor thing.

Offline E.

• Till the end of Eternity.
« Reply #162 on: October 28, 2011, 10:59:01 AM »
I think the way the brothel's fame is calculated should be changed.
Now, it's the average of the fame of all the girls who are in the brothel. The problem is that some girls assigned to cleaning or customer service and stuff don't gain fame, and thus lower the average fame of the brothel.
Two solution:
   1) The brothel's fame should be equal to the average of the fame of the girls who can actually gain fame (don't count cleaning team and stuff)
   2) Make it so that a girl can gain some fame no matter what job she does. (With events like employee of the month or something)

Thanks for reading me.

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #163 on: October 28, 2011, 11:29:48 AM »
I have several packs here.
Aegis
Kimiko Amato (she is female version of main protagonist from portable version of the game, this name was given to her by fans)
Yukari Takeba
I'll make other Persona characters later if somebody doesn't outstrip me.

Offline Crisis21

« Reply #164 on: October 28, 2011, 11:37:45 AM »
The Demon Girl pack on the front page won't download for me. Every time I click the 'start download' on the mediafire page, it reloads the page instead of starting the download.