Author Topic: Improvements to Futas and Adding In Guys  (Read 11918 times)

Offline crazy

Re: Improvements to Futas and Adding In Guys
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2016, 02:29:48 AM »
Well either way, once the code's released I hope this above all else gets added, Crazy? maybe....
Think wildfire is building it off my mod so shouldn't be to hard to do if they are fine with it. That said I think for now might be best for it to be two different mods until the bugs are worked out then merge into one.

If males weren't optional I probably wouldn't want to but as they are it's just more options for those who want it and those who don't can ignore it and I like that.  Only problem that might come of this is hen new jobs get added I'll just have to make them female only as I find it hard enough to write text for them I don't even want to think about doing it for males lol.

Offline WildFire

• The only food group I believe in is coffee.
« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2016, 02:41:25 AM »
Think wildfire is building it off my mod so shouldn't be to hard to do if they are fine with it. That said I think for now might be best for it to be two different mods until the bugs are worked out then merge into one.

If males weren't optional I probably wouldn't want to but as they are it's just more options for those who want it and those who don't can ignore it and I like that.  Only problem that might come of this is hen new jobs get added I'll just have to make them female only as I find it hard enough to write text for them I don't even want to think about doing it for males lol.

Correct, I'm building it off your most recent build. I haven't barred either gender from any jobs, but yeah the new ones your adding would all just have script assuming a female character. Pretty much it's all just being done with a check for if the girl has the male trait else it gets the default text. lol yeah writing the descriptions harder than it seems. I don't imaging many people here will be adding to the guys unless it's something like events while working security or the arena, so I'll probably end up writing most of it.

edit: oh yeah, for got to say I'm totally fine with you moving things over.  ;D

Offline crazy

« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2016, 05:15:06 AM »
Been meaning to ask what ur plan for the interaction script is?  As males should have a different script or at least need different outcomes for the interactions.

Offline BlackWolf Inc.

« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2016, 12:30:43 PM »
I find it hard enough to write text for them I don't even want to think about doing it for males lol.
True enough, although on that note I did have a thought, I seem to recall a stat called NPC love being added a couple of version ago, (yes I know people, we did exist back then  :D )
Perhaps that could be used between male and female characters? If you catch my drift.
Don't look at me like that! I found 'em that way....

Now no-one else has to die...
unless I think of another reason.

If found, please return to Miss Y. Rhul.

Offline crazy

« Reply #19 on: August 24, 2016, 12:40:02 PM »
True enough, although on that note I did have a thought, I seem to recall a stat called NPC love being added a couple of version ago, (yes I know people, we did exist back then  :D )
Perhaps that could be used between male and female characters? If you catch my drift.
NPC love was something I added to have girls get the chance of dating in there freetime.. Was going be behind the scene kinda thing that only read in text.  Have two in game characters date would require alot more then and be really hard to code.

Offline WildFire

« Reply #20 on: August 24, 2016, 12:53:50 PM »
Been meaning to ask what ur plan for the interaction script is?  As males should have a different script or at least need different outcomes for the interactions.

I've been trying to edit it since in theory it should work for the checkboxes like this (indention is all wonked up.)

example of the checkboxes.
Code: [Select]
IfHasTrait(*Male*)
                  ChoiceBox(*1*)(*4*)
                                     TEXT(*Casual Conversation*)
                                     TEXT(*Discuss him*)
                                     TEXT(*Talk about you*)
                                     TEXT(*Go Back*)
Else
                  ChoiceBox(*1*)(*4*)
                                     TEXT(*Casual Conversation*)
                                     TEXT(*Discuss her*)
                                     TEXT(*Talk about you*)
                                     TEXT(*Go Back*)
ENDIF

This works both for changing the dialogue and the choice box text. Only problem is while it works, everything under what I put in seems to break and I'm not sure what I'm failing to do.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2016, 01:02:03 PM by WildFire »

Offline WildFire

« Reply #21 on: August 24, 2016, 12:59:29 PM »
NPC love was something I added to have girls get the chance of dating in there freetime.. Was going be behind the scene kinda thing that only read in text.  Have two in game characters date would require alot more then and be really hard to code.

Yeah I saw the NPC love stats when I added the male version of the dating during free time event. At this point I'm just trying to make the preg calc work like getting preg from a customer, but taking the stats from sGirl instead.

edit: I'm getting rid of the rest of my previous rambling since Idk what it even really amounted to. Just call me puzzled a bit. I'm not actually sure at the moment if pulling from it means I'm taking the mother's info twice or if it gets the girl who is father then the mother stuff.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2016, 03:27:27 PM by WildFire »

Offline kickinit233

« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2019, 12:18:25 AM »
So any update on this addon I'd love to see males added in.