devolution

Author Topic: Combining the big mods aka crazy's mod .06 is out now  (Read 1025323 times)

Offline aevojoey

• Thats ok, I'm used to disappointment.
Re: Combining the big mods aka crazy's mod
« Reply #960 on: May 12, 2014, 12:38:33 AM »
*** A newer version is available later on this thread ***

Version .05j.3
http://www.fileswap.com/dl/C0FEZHifsX/WhoreMaster.05j.3.zip.html

Version .05i.3

Replaced all references to "pinkpetal.co.cc" with "pinkpetal.org" since the old site no longer works.
Fixed "35 week crash bug" caused by movies not storing properly.
The game now saves more information for movies.
Sidestep fix for the "Send to dungeon" bug - All buildings now set where the girl is when loading so the "Send to dungeon" button does not show in girl details unless she is in a main brothel
20 minutes later Crazy added:
Nice just sent a bug fix to the SVN for the girldeatilsscreen always showing the brothel jobs.  They now show the correct buildings jobs

* All versions from .05i on all have had the ".itemsx" files moved from ".\Resources\Data" to ".\Resources\Items"
* All versions from .05i on require the "*120*.dll"s that are included in the zip - if you only copy the exe the game will not work.

* If the game crashes when you hit the "Next Week" button, try reassigning jobs to all girls.

* update .05j.1 - In their infinite douchiness, microsoft is phasing out xp. Making it harder to make programs for it, in vse2013 you need to specifically tell it to compile for xp or the program will not work in xp.

* update .05j.2 - fixed bug - crashing on turn summary when changing between brothels and studio.
update .05j.3 - fixed bug - crashing on brothel setup
« Last Edit: May 19, 2014, 01:57:09 PM by aevojoey »
Fixing the game is a better game than actually playing it.
Get the Current Version <|> Discuss the Game <|> Report a bug

Offline torrentsearcher

« Reply #961 on: May 12, 2014, 01:35:57 PM »
first thanks for the hotfix. the game does show the right jobs now, indeed, but it doesn´t reassign a girl if u change the girl´s job in her screen, at least not during the turn review. not that much of a problem, though. i prefer assigning jobs in the brothel screen, anyway.

Offline crazy

« Reply #962 on: May 12, 2014, 02:41:50 PM »
first thanks for the hotfix. the game does show the right jobs now, indeed, but it doesn´t reassign a girl if u change the girl´s job in her screen, at least not during the turn review. not that much of a problem, though. i prefer assigning jobs in the brothel screen, anyway.
It let me assign girls jobs it just doesn't update the number on that list...  But u can assign girls jobs that way and they do them atleast on my end they do.

Offline Gamo

• Sup Sup!
« Reply #963 on: May 12, 2014, 07:04:33 PM »
Hey Crazy:

Still Loving the game with the different paths u can go, couple things I noticed and they are all random.

1: random crashes when I click the 3rd brothel management screen and Brothel Setup (haven't yet progressed past the 3rd one)

2: random crashes when I click the weekly summary and I choose studio.

I have reassigned all jobs like listed but its random unfortunately, but when you restart from  a crash it works and then it becomes random again as you play.

Just and FYI not sure if u can recreate them or not but I'm sure they are bugs.

P.S. I applaud your creativity and the way the game has turned out, gets quite addictive.
Gamo

Offline aevojoey

« Reply #964 on: May 13, 2014, 02:05:09 AM »
fixes are here: http://www.pinkpetal.org/index.php?topic=953.msg27445#msg27445

1: random crashes when I click the 3rd brothel management screen and Brothel Setup (haven't yet progressed past the 3rd one)
I found and fixed this.
When loading or saving non-brothel settings, it was loading from the brothel instead of the non-brothel building.
The fix is in .05j.3 above

2: random crashes when I click the weekly summary and I choose studio.
I found and fixed this.
When loading the list of studio girls, it was loading from the brothel instead of the studio.
The fix is in .05j.2 above
« Last Edit: May 13, 2014, 10:49:54 AM by aevojoey »

Offline torrentsearcher

« Reply #965 on: May 14, 2014, 04:45:34 AM »
with the latest version the incorporeal trait does no longer show up on djinns and such. there´s still an error message, though. is it just not shown and does still work? or was it supposed to get removed?

Offline Evangelion 01

« Reply #966 on: May 14, 2014, 11:07:03 AM »
with the latest version the incorporeal trait does no longer show up on djinns and such. there´s still an error message, though. is it just not shown and does still work? or was it supposed to get removed?
In previous game versions this trait had a spelling error which lead to a misspelled in most girls packs in order to make the Trait appear...you should edit your gilr packs and change the trait to the correct spelling (I think it was spelled as Incorperil or something like that)
after I changed the traits names in my version I had no more problems

Offline aevojoey

« Reply #967 on: May 14, 2014, 10:40:06 PM »
I am currently working on merging the brothel management into 1 property management page.
With it, you will be able to control all building restrictions, potions, ad budgets, etc.
I intend to make it much easier to deal with these types of things.

I have been busy with real life stuff so it is taking me longer than I thought to code it, but I hope to have it working this weekend.

Offline Sorren

« Reply #968 on: May 16, 2014, 10:14:40 AM »
So silly question but, which of the existing item packs did you include? Just the base or with a few of the others as well?

Offline aevojoey

« Reply #969 on: May 16, 2014, 02:36:34 PM »
So silly question but, which of the existing item packs did you include? Just the base or with a few of the others as well?
When I started, I used the items packs that were included in Crazy's source code svn.
As I understand it, that included the base game items as well as those in Endospore's Girls and Items!  and R565's Game Item Packs (or one big pack)
I also added a few new items and modified/fixed a few.
I separated them into individual files for each item name so if you need to add any, it should be easy to find if it is already there.

If you have any new items you want added, upload or attach them and we'll add them to the source.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2014, 02:41:56 PM by aevojoey »

Offline aevojoey

« Reply #970 on: May 18, 2014, 02:17:23 AM »
I am currently working on merging the brothel management into 1 property management page.
Slight change of plans.

Crazy started making the change to all buildings needing to be purchased and I have been trying to make made that work properly.
The single page brothel management has been put on hold until I figure out the problem I am having.

I started going through the main code line by line. I don't really need to in order to fix anything, it just seems like a good time to do it.
There may not be a new version up this week but I expect I will fix enough in my reading of the source to warrant making Version.06.01
(I would prefer doing number only versions from .06 on unless anyone prefers the number and letter versions)
« Last Edit: May 19, 2014, 04:02:37 AM by aevojoey »

Offline aevojoey

« Reply #971 on: May 19, 2014, 03:47:28 AM »
*** A newer version is available later on this thread ***

Version .05k.02
http://www.fileswap.com/dl/E2KChi14O/WhoreMaster.05k.02.zip.html

Major Changes:
All buildings need to be purchased in new games.
 - Centre requires  5000 gold and  5 territories
 - Clinic requires 10000 gold and 10 territories
 - Arena  requires 15000 gold and 15 territories
 - Studio requires 20000 gold and 20 territories
(If these prices/territories should be changed, please suggest better prices and explain why.)
(If you already own a building in an existing game, you do not have to buy them again.)

Minor Changes:
Changed some hotkeys:
 - 0 is global hotkeys
 - 9 is screen hotkeys
 - F12 is House
 - F7 corrected centre
Fixed some spelling errors.
Cleaned and/or rearranged several areas of code.
Fixed some bugs with the rest jobs in other buildings.
Addicts now more likely to steal.
Modified Arena combat training.
Added more Clinic jobs.

.05k.01 - forgot to add "check if building is owned" to next day
.05k.02 - fixed ad budget looking of centre instead of house

* All versions from .05i on all have had the ".itemsx" files moved from ".\Resources\Data" to ".\Resources\Items"
* All versions from .05i on require the "*120*.dll"s that are included in the zip - if you only copy the exe the game will not work.
* If the game crashes when you hit the "Next Week" button, try reassigning jobs to all girls.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2014, 01:25:28 AM by aevojoey »

Offline MrKlaus

« Reply #972 on: May 19, 2014, 11:57:52 AM »
Version .05k
http://www.fileswap.com/dl/atoECsATa5/WhoreMaster.05k.zip.html

Started a new game (old saves, game file, etc. deleted, except characters). When going to next week from day one the game crashes.

Offline geoper

« Reply #973 on: May 19, 2014, 12:18:43 PM »
Started a new game (old saves, game file, etc. deleted, except characters). When going to next week from day one the game crashes.
Same here, House Brothel Setup also crashes.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2014, 12:35:43 PM by geoper »

Offline HuiBui

« Reply #974 on: May 19, 2014, 01:24:00 PM »
Game crashed

Unzipped version .05k
and only copied my characters into the Ressources/Character Folder

started a new game , pressed button "next week" = game crashed