Author Topic: Max Bribery Rate?  (Read 4419 times)

Offline Anon21

Max Bribery Rate?
« on: July 24, 2011, 05:10:34 AM »
I've been thinking of replacing the 'Set Bribery Rate' with a slider (like used in the Brothel Setup screen). So I need to know how high people will want to go.

I would have thought 500 a month would be plenty as a maximum, but what do you think?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
Re: Max Bribery Rate?
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2011, 06:14:41 AM »
I've been thinking of replacing the 'Set Bribery Rate' with a slider (like used in the Brothel Setup screen). So I need to know how high people will want to go.

I would have thought 500 a month would be plenty as a maximum, but what do you think?

I usually keep it at 2000/month.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Anon21

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2011, 06:25:59 AM »
I usually keep it at 2000/month.

Wow. That's a lot. OK, to be on the safe side I'll make it max of 3000.  I'll see if the max can be set in the interface XML file anyway so people can customize to taste.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2011, 04:22:42 PM »
Wow. That's a lot. OK, to be on the safe side I'll make it max of 3000.  I'll see if the max can be set in the interface XML file anyway so people can customize to taste.

Good call, but I doubt anyone uses more than 3k :)
Like what we're doing?

Offline stauffi

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2011, 08:45:05 PM »
Hello from a longtime lurker.

Some values like job income and upkeep don't seem to be changeable via the settings.xml, so i usually play with the houserule that i have to pay a high bribery of 500-1000 gold per unique girl i have. This way i have to start with random girls and can lengthen the middle/lategame. 3-4 random girls are needed per unique girl then, so it is more rewarding to own them.
So could you either try to make upkeep and income values really adjustable per xml or set the maximum possible bribery rate very high?
Thanks in advance :)

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2011, 08:59:26 PM »

Some values like job income and upkeep don't seem to be changeable via the settings.xml, so i usually play with the houserule that i have to pay a high bribery of 500-1000 gold per unique girl i have. This way i have to start with random girls and can lengthen the middle/lategame. 3-4 random girls are needed per unique girl then, so it is more rewarding to own them.
So could you either try to make upkeep and income values really adjustable per xml or set the maximum possible bribery rate very high?
Thanks in advance :)

Yeah... with mods like that it is almost impossible to please everyone because everyone plays in their own way :) I rarely have random girls since I have over a thousand uniques. In fact if I had 3-4 randoms for every unique, I would run out of place before getting 30 - 40% of the unique girls...
Like what we're doing?

Offline Anon21

« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2011, 11:19:18 PM »

OK, well here's the situation. The bribery max _is_ settable in the xml. However the interval _isn't_. So in the XML I use it says the max value is 60 and the interval 50. However the max value is 'really' 60 x 50 (or 3000).  So just set the max value to whatever you need - but bear in mind that you should divide by 50 before putting that number in the XML.

I'll probably look at getting the interval set properly in the XML later.