Author Topic: Upper limit of rooms / brothel  (Read 2668 times)

Offline Anon21

Upper limit of rooms / brothel
« on: July 31, 2011, 09:37:19 AM »
I've been thinking of having an upper limit to the number of rooms you can have in a brothel. It doesn't seem reasonable that you can take a 20 room brothel and expand it by another 280 rooms, or whatever, so I was going to go with double the initial number of rooms.

That would give you a grand total of 400 rooms when you have all the brothels expanded as far as you can.

Would that be enough for most people playing? Would you want it to be an option (set in config.xml)?

Offline THE FUTURE

Re: Upper limit of rooms / brothel
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2011, 11:40:25 PM »
The cap is 255 because of the type of integer or whatever that the client assigns to it and I'm personally going to see if changing it to go higher works. I was alarmed to find out with a recent save that I had something like 800 girls and I was still somehow getting more. Gotta collect em all?

Although a problem with having over 150 girls in one brothel is that when you use the sort function, the game has noticeable lag when accessing the girl management screen or the dungeon.
This is the last week of bug fixes. Barring anything catastrophic, development of a "sequel" to WM EX begins next week. If there is a major bug that hasn't been addressed, say so now or you're going to have to wait quite a long time for it to be fixed.

Offline Anon21

Re: Upper limit of rooms / brothel
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2011, 06:00:13 AM »
The cap is 255 because of the type of integer or whatever that the client assigns to it and I'm personally going to see if changing it to go higher works. I was alarmed to find out with a recent save that I had something like 800 girls and I was still somehow getting more. Gotta collect em all?

Wow. I guess you've got a lot of random girls in the mix?  I guess if I do put any limits in you'll need an opt-out setting in the config.xml