devolution

Author Topic: General Discussion  (Read 3821898 times)

Offline DarkTl

Re: SimBrothel: -PyTFall- Dev Thread: Writers needed!
« Reply #615 on: April 24, 2013, 03:10:12 PM »
Yeah, some rare superartifact should have badness = 0 (or even -100) to prevent any stupid auto-equipment ideas. The thing is, probability of buying of some item and its priority for auto-equipment are different things. You can merge them if you want to, of course, but this will be simplification.

One more thing, by chance to acquire the item you mean the chance to have this item available for purchase in the shop as well?

thanks to few difficult (to my level at least) sprite requests from DarkTl, I believe I improved a bit
Yup, I was particularly impressed by your great work with Shurelia. You definitely have a talent for this.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2013, 03:21:20 PM by DarkTl »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
« Reply #616 on: April 24, 2013, 03:31:09 PM »
Yeah, some rare superartifact should have badness = 0 (or even -100) to prevent any stupid auto-equipment ideas. The thing is, probability of buying of some item and its priority for auto-equipment are different things. You can merge them if you want to, of course, but this will be simplification.

A girl should have no way of getting a rare superartifact unless you give it to her but badness = 100 will make sure that girl will never buy or equip the item. I am not sure that I understand how they're different... I'll add another optional field called eqchance (chance to equip), if not specified, it will be same as badness.

One more thing, by chance to acquire the item you mean the chance to have this item available for purchase in the shop as well?

Yeap

======================================
Ok, I have a basic class setup, tomorrow plan is to write a function that imports data from xml to class, then all required methods for logic. Last I will have to figure out if this system is to different from Alkion's to borrow Elionts GUI from there, if possible I'll use that code, if not I'll have to write new one :( I am going to catch some sleep, let me know if there are any more ideas/addons.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2013, 03:44:18 PM by Xela »
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #617 on: April 24, 2013, 03:45:19 PM »
But even if you will give her Ultimate Armor of Invulnerability, she still wants to spend her money and buy some pretty evening dress she likes. Basically, if we don't use or turn off auto-equipment, we don't need it.
That reminds me, being able to turn on and off auto-equipment of each girl separately would be handy. With it we probably don't need this eqchance string.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2013, 03:51:32 PM by DarkTl »

Offline FlamBurger

• I need to stop lazing about so much.....
« Reply #618 on: April 24, 2013, 04:24:55 PM »
Oh ok then, hey are you going to have quests where you can get items? Because if so I was going to do a special quest write for an item that is pretty neat to have.
The whole region of Crossgate will be my playground....
Our playground....
The whole freaking world guys....
Crossgate Chronicles?? Yup it's that bad....
I'll still chug on! Plus, The Crazy Team is really doing a good job on this game.
https://mega.nz/#F!A55jWSpT!P-1Lw1-kNxiBfelAH24Kvg My Packs

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #619 on: April 25, 2013, 03:31:07 AM »
But even if you will give her Ultimate Armor of Invulnerability, she still wants to spend her money and buy some pretty evening dress she likes. Basically, if we don't use or turn off auto-equipment, we don't need it.

Well, I figure that giving priority to occupation related items is the key. Also, she can buy as many evening dresses as she wants as long as she does not equips them or reequips back to armor if she's a warrior.

That reminds me, being able to turn on and off auto-equipment of each girl separately would be handy. With it we probably don't need this eqchance string.

eqchance string is just a couple more lines of code and it's optional. As for auto-equipment for each girl, that wasn't planned but I'm definetly going to do that. I actually want a lot of micromanagement options for girls on a separate window (like finance window that moves from out of bounds).

Oh ok then, hey are you going to have quests where you can get items? Because if so I was going to do a special quest write for an item that is pretty neat to have.

Yeap, that is 100% possible already but items would have to be awarded after the system is done. Keep in mind that quests in PyTFall also support graphics (backgrounds and people) and music so if you can find those as well, it would make a much better quest.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #620 on: April 25, 2013, 03:54:25 AM »
Also, she can buy as many evening dresses as she wants as long as she does not equips them or reequips back to armor if she's a warrior.
Just make sure girls won't buy several copies of one dress, it definitely will be annoying to see hundreds of them in each girl's inventory  :)
And good/bad trait list probably should has influence on probability of buying of an item too, not just equipping it. For example, if base chance is 20, and girl has 2 "good" traits, let it be 20+5*2=30.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2013, 04:01:19 AM by DarkTl »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #621 on: April 25, 2013, 04:30:02 AM »
Just make sure girls won't buy several copies of one dress, it definitely will be annoying to see hundreds of them in each girl's inventory  :)
And good/bad trait list probably should has influence on probability of buying of an item too, not just equipping it. For example, if base chance is 20, and girl has 2 "good" traits, let it be 20+5*2=30.

Ok, that's one way of doing it, I recall seeing a very easy way to get a number same items in two lists (good traits) and (girl's traits) but I think that any good trait simply ensures that a girl buys at least one item is a better approach... Limiting number of items should not be to hard either.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #622 on: April 25, 2013, 05:58:03 AM »
any good trait simply ensures that a girl buys at least one item is a better approach
Yup, that's an interesting way too.
I'm still thinking about girl's reaction to the gift. Simple modification of PCLove/Hate values is too general approach. Ideally we should use the same good/bad trait list to take into account girl's preferences.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #623 on: April 25, 2013, 06:50:56 AM »
Yup, that's an interesting way too.
I'm still thinking about girl's reaction to the gift. Simple modification of PCLove/Hate values is too general approach. Ideally we should use the same good/bad trait list to take into account girl's preferences.

I say we just modify disposition and leave it at that. There are no PCLove/Hate stats in PyTFall (you know that btw since you've designed traits :) ) and we already have a lot of stats as it is. Since there are no game concept designers on the team at the moment, I keep forgetting to mod all relevant stats as it is and have to go back in code and add stuff all the time.

More advanced systems can always be added later but for now we should find balance and make sure we choose the simplest path that does not hurt the game.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #624 on: April 25, 2013, 07:51:11 AM »
There are no PCLove/Hate stats in PyTFall (you know that btw since you've designed traits :) )
Yeah, well, we have Disposition for such things.
Btw, let's clarify its interval. If I remember correctly, you mentioned max value = 1000? What about the initial Disposition value, how about 500? At this rate, close to 0 Disposition means hate, and vice versa.

Offline CherryWood

« Reply #625 on: April 25, 2013, 08:05:33 AM »
If we are really into having girls do they own shopping, It would be nice if they can spend their money according to theirs actual needs. Like if girl's happiness stat is low, she will look for something joyful, if she's tired, for something refreshing... but it would probably make more sense as actions and not items

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #626 on: April 25, 2013, 08:55:52 AM »
Yeah, well, we have Disposition for such things.
Btw, let's clarify its interval. If I remember correctly, you mentioned max value = 1000? What about the initial Disposition value, how about 500? At this rate, close to 0 Disposition means hate, and vice versa.

I thought -1000 to 1000 with 0 being the initial deposition but we can go either way.

If we are really into having girls do they own shopping, It would be nice if they can spend their money according to theirs actual needs. Like if girl's happiness stat is low, she will look for something joyful, if she's tired, for something refreshing... but it would probably make more sense as actions and not items

That's obvious but that will mainly be for consumables.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #627 on: April 25, 2013, 10:15:28 AM »
OK, let's use it from -1000 to 1000.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #628 on: April 25, 2013, 03:54:09 PM »
OK, let's use it from -1000 to 1000.

I actually found and fixed a small bug while testing -1000 to 1000 :) It's set then, -1000 to 1000 it is.

-----------------------------------------------------
On items front, I've set up a basic class and import from xml + tested it. So we have our first two bricks.

Currently looks like this, some fields are optional and class will fill those in with defaults if not specified in xml. Going to call it quits for tonight.

Code: [Select]
<items>

<item

id="Dummy Item"
      desc="This is a dummy item for testing!"
      icon="content/items/dummy_item.png"
      price = '10'
      hero = 'true'
      infinite = 'false'
      slot = 'Consumable'
      badness = '0'
      chance = '100'
      eqchance = '22'
      temp='0'>

<mod charisma = '20' />
      <max charisma = '20' />
      <min charisma = '20' />

<addtrait name = 'Sexy Air' />
      <removetrait name = 'Retarded' />
      <addskill name = 'Water 2' />
      <removeskill name = 'Fire 1' />
      <location name = 'Item Shop' />
      <addeffect name = 'Dizzy' />
      <removeeffect name = 'Poisoned' />
      <goodtrait name = 'Strong' />
      <badtrait name = 'Meek' />

</item>

</items>
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #629 on: April 26, 2013, 07:06:35 AM »
One Piece girls are done. While it's possible to create packs for two or three other characters, they will lack several categories.
I think I'll convert Soul Eater pack next, after that probably FMA.