Author Topic: General Discussion  (Read 3821656 times)

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
Re: SimBrothel: -PyTFall- Dev Thread: Writers needed!
« Reply #630 on: April 26, 2013, 07:14:33 AM »
One Piece girls are done. While it's possible to create packs for two or three other characters, they will lack several categories.
I think I'll convert Soul Eater pack next, after that probably FMA.

It might still be premature to convert all packs but if that's what you want to work at, it ain't going to hurt either. I figure we have a good amount of girls for testing between Naruto, Presona and One Piece.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #631 on: April 26, 2013, 07:30:08 AM »
Well, even if we'll change categories name, or use some kind of tag system, or use another syntax for girls files, I already have all available good pics in my packs, and there is nothing we can do about it.

So the only case which should be feared is the sudden termination of development  :)

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #632 on: April 26, 2013, 08:25:20 AM »
Well, even if we'll change categories name, or use some kind of tag system, or use another syntax for girls files, I already have all available good pics in my packs, and there is nothing we can do about it.

So the only case which should be feared is the sudden termination of development  :)

LoL

Well, not expected from my side, I'll be off the week after the next but prolly have more time for this during summer (planning to finishing beta then)
Like what we're doing?

Offline CherryWood

« Reply #633 on: April 26, 2013, 10:34:12 AM »
but you give us a quite long list of popular series that must be unconditionally present on release, so I believe we are working on that  :)   
Because most of WM packs are just plain bad, it means doing almost everything from scratch and compared to that, any kind of renaming or tagging will be easy, so I also see no real difference doing it now or later if we want them anyway.

I will probably be able to do only some Bleach girls and few novel sprites this month, my time now is really limited because of graduation exams. But If it goes well, I expect I'll have a lot of time after that.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2013, 11:04:53 AM by CherryWood »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #634 on: April 26, 2013, 01:59:32 PM »
but you give us a quite long list of popular series that must be unconditionally present on release, so I believe we are working on that  :)   
Because most of WM packs are just plain bad, it means doing almost everything from scratch and compared to that, any kind of renaming or tagging will be easy, so I also see no real difference doing it now or later if we want them anyway.

I will probably be able to do only some Bleach girls and few novel sprites this month, my time now is really limited because of graduation exams. But If it goes well, I expect I'll have a lot of time after that.

Great, I know I've made a list of shows but I've also said it was for testing. Obviously any work done now on the packs will not go to waste but it wasn't the plan to remake all series so soon.

I cannot code anything tonight cause headache is killing me but I will prolly be able to put some hours into it tomorrow and the day after.
Like what we're doing?

Offline CherryWood

« Reply #635 on: April 26, 2013, 05:06:29 PM »
ok! If that's the case, I will finish a few more girls that I already started (few from Bleach but mostly Sailor Moon), but then I'll look for something else I could do.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #636 on: April 27, 2013, 06:13:11 AM »
ok! If that's the case, I will finish a few more girls that I already started (few from Bleach but mostly Sailor Moon), but then I'll look for something else I could do.

You should know the game fairly well by now so you may try game design after you get bored with making girlpacks.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #637 on: April 27, 2013, 06:37:27 AM »
Maybe after Soul Eater I'll try to create items xml then, unless you going to borrow them from some other game?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #638 on: April 27, 2013, 07:11:53 AM »
Maybe after Soul Eater I'll try to create items xml then, unless you going to borrow them from some other game?

All items should be handmade, ideas/names/pics can be borrowed but not files themselves. It's a very good place to invest some time into, just talk to me before you start, I'll explain how items behavior and defaults class will setup.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #639 on: April 28, 2013, 12:56:56 PM »
On the items front, we forgot to discuss one very important topic...

What slots are we going to use? We obviously need consumables but past that it is a matter for debate.

Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #640 on: April 28, 2013, 02:22:40 PM »
Indeed. Well, I propose head (helm/mask/hood/whatever), body (armor/dress), feet (boots/shoes), belt, hands (gloves/mittens/whatever), cape, two hands slots for weapon+shield/two weapons/two shields/one two-handed weapon; two rings, one amulet.

Besides, while you probably can't wear armor and dress at the same time, you still have your underwear, so one more slot for it (I'm not sure about MC, but if we'll ever create an opportunity for choice of MC sex, I guess female could use it). Or maybe two slots, for upper and lower parts, like in Otherworld.

In WM girls also can use things like manuals, magic spheres, strip poles and so on. So maybe one or several slots for manuals/books/tutorials as well? And some kind of slots for girl room? I don't think we should build and decorate every girl's room like in Alkion, but if you give her strip pole or huge magic sphere, she can't carry it all the time, isn't she?
Or we could just use several (maybe about 5?) "general" slots for anything that can't be equipped directly, including furniture, books and so on.

I looked at Alkion, it also has shoulderplates and leggings, but they seems like an overkill to me. It also has quick slots in belt, I guess you should put consumables into them for using during combat.

I'm not sure about magic/skills system we'll have eventually, but we might also use special slots for spell books or skill scrolls.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2013, 02:55:32 PM by DarkTl »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #641 on: April 28, 2013, 05:02:40 PM »
Indeed. Well, I propose head (helm/mask/hood/whatever), body (armor/dress), feet (boots/shoes), belt, hands (gloves/mittens/whatever), cape, two hands slots for weapon+shield/two weapons/two shields/one two-handed weapon; two rings, one amulet.

Besides, while you probably can't wear armor and dress at the same time, you still have your underwear, so one more slot for it (I'm not sure about MC, but if we'll ever create an opportunity for choice of MC sex, I guess female could use it). Or maybe two slots, for upper and lower parts, like in Otherworld.

In WM girls also can use things like manuals, magic spheres, strip poles and so on. So maybe one or several slots for manuals/books/tutorials as well? And some kind of slots for girl room? I don't think we should build and decorate every girl's room like in Alkion, but if you give her strip pole or huge magic sphere, she can't carry it all the time, isn't she?
Or we could just use several (maybe about 5?) "general" slots for anything that can't be equipped directly, including furniture, books and so on.

I looked at Alkion, it also has shoulderplates and leggings, but they seems like an overkill to me. It also has quick slots in belt, I guess you should put consumables into them for using during combat.

I'm not sure about magic/skills system we'll have eventually, but we might also use special slots for spell books or skill scrolls.

Alkion is borrowing items from DoD so that's why there are more slots than actually required. There are no underwear in WM/SimBrothel so we can prolly skip that.

Battle items and consumable items would have to be designed twice, once in battle engine and once in the game but we can just leave those at 5 - 6 potions for the first beta version.

- head (helm/mask/hood/whatever)
- body (armor/dress)
- feet (boots/shoes)
- hands (gloves/mittens/whatever)
- cape
- two hands slots for weapon+shield/two weapons/two shields/one two-handed weapon
- two rings
- one amulet

Girls room slots I need to think about a bit but I agree about room building being a bad idea, at least for now. Books, spheres and manuscripts are simply consumables in WM.

Never thought about female MC but it would require a bit of extra coding (like for interactions we would have to show lesbo instead of sex and so on). I want to hear what the rest have to say about it, personally I am against that at this stage of development, more work for little benefit and we have a lot to work on as it is.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #642 on: April 28, 2013, 07:37:16 PM »
Books, spheres and manuscripts are simply consumables in WM.
Huh?  ???
No they aren't, they're actually "Misc" type, and girls must equip them to have bonuses rather than consume (especially such definitely non-consumable "items" as a cat or a dog). They even able to equip several of misc items at the same time.

Besides, looks like in WM armor and dress have different types, "armor" and "dress", yes  :)
I don't remember how all this works in WM, but maybe we should use two different slots for them after all.

personally I am against that at this stage of development
I never said that you should immediately start to code it  :D

But since we kinda make a third generation brothel game, and two other 3-gen games, SM3 and Otherworld, do have MC sex choice option (not to mention stats and traits), shouldn't we do the same thing at a certain stage of development?
« Last Edit: April 29, 2013, 06:57:45 AM by DarkTl »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #643 on: April 29, 2013, 05:31:56 PM »
Huh?  ???
No they aren't, they're actually "Misc" type, and girls must equip them to have bonuses rather than consume (especially such definitely non-consumable "items" as a cat or a dog). They even able to equip several of misc items at the same time.

Besides, looks like in WM armor and dress have different types, "armor" and "dress", yes  :)
I don't remember how all this works in WM, but maybe we should use two different slots for them after all.
I never said that you should immediately start to code it  :D

But since we kinda make a third generation brothel game, and two other 3-gen games, SM3 and Otherworld, do have MC sex choice option (not to mention stats and traits), shouldn't we do the same thing at a certain stage of development?

Ok, I forgot about misc type. Armor and dress being different slots is odd as well, I need to wrap my head around items and slots... it all went so well before the slots code.

On the MC sex option, yeah, at some point for sure.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #644 on: April 30, 2013, 09:43:03 AM »
I suddenly came up with another idea about item fields. For example, if you give a cat to a girl, maybe it could help her to generate some additional joy every turn? Or some rare amulet helps to restore a small portion of mp every turn, etc.
Unless it'll require a significant amount of coding, of course. What do you think?

Also, I'm ready to hear your explanation about items and classes.