Author Topic: General Discussion  (Read 3821422 times)

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
Re: -PyTFall- Dev Thread: Writers/Game Designers needed!
« Reply #675 on: May 07, 2013, 03:57:54 PM »
Not necessarily. We could also use scaling, so when you select a district you see its own little map with houses and icons. I think it won't be too hard to find suitable pictures for various districts.

Maybe using lineart for the city itself (much like on CW's painting, simple, clear and easy on the eye) and open backgrounds when you go to a specific place?

Like what we're doing?

Offline CherryWood

« Reply #676 on: May 07, 2013, 04:40:14 PM »
inspired by Overhao  :)
But hey, don't talk about my lineart, that wasn't the point... I just wanted to ask about possibility of adding events buttons... same system, random city picture from distance: nothing selected, center selected, district 1 selected

--------edit--------
That was a totally random picture, I don't want that modern one either. (I didn't seriously started looking for good one yet) I was just thinking if it could be viable to access these additional and temporally locations directly from main map or not. (=how crowded it would look).
We have a lot of other options to get to these after all... navigation, closeup maps or just screens or menus... so no problem with keeping main map simple.

« Last Edit: May 07, 2013, 06:51:03 PM by CherryWood »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #677 on: May 07, 2013, 05:03:29 PM »
Inspired by Overhao  :)
But hey, don't talk about my lineart, that wasn't the point... I just wanted to ask about possibility of adding events buttons... same system, random city picture from distance: nothing selected, center selected, district 1 selected

Yeap, that's good too, I liked your version better but something like that will do the trick as well. City looks to modern and civilized, we would have to change universe for that to work, but the idea of map design is clear.

I personally like it, it would have to be designed a bit better but I would sign under this concept for city map gui.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #678 on: May 12, 2013, 05:03:29 AM »
@Dev team:

Guys, we have a git  ???

Version control system is setup. Also new irc chatroom is setup, details on how to enter (browser or soft like mirc) are in the DB folder.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #679 on: May 12, 2013, 05:55:51 AM »
http://img593.imageshack.us/img593/8203/34500572.png
<insert random sarcastic remark about the actual number of dev team here>

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #680 on: May 12, 2013, 06:00:26 AM »
http://img593.imageshack.us/img593/8203/34500572.png
<insert random sarcastic remark about the actual number of dev team here>

Lmao

Still a move in the right direction :)
Like what we're doing?

Offline CherryWood

« Reply #681 on: May 14, 2013, 12:50:54 PM »
I'm thinking about reducing the displayed size of novel sprites to more standard "above knee" height. The main reason is that there are usually more images like that. But, while harder to create, it's kind of nice to see their legs... can you help me decide?
long 1 2 3 4 short 1 2 3 4

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #682 on: May 14, 2013, 01:00:51 PM »
I'm thinking about reducing the displayed size of novel sprites to more standard "above knee" height. The main reason is that there are usually more images like that. But, while harder to create, it's kind of nice to see their legs... can you help me decide?

They are both awesome :)

"above knee" height seems to work better.

PS: @ Dark, I've removed backgrounds for your beta items, logic is almost done so I am going to use those for preliminary testing.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #683 on: May 14, 2013, 02:53:47 PM »

I keep forgetting to ask you: When you work on removing backgrounds from quest/battle related images, please try cropping their heads so we have portraits. It's not a priority but it wouldn't hurt either.

Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #684 on: May 14, 2013, 03:52:43 PM »
PS: @ Dark, I've removed backgrounds for your beta items, logic is almost done so I am going to use those for preliminary testing.
Ah jeez, couldn't you mention that we need backgroundless pngs before I created 55 consumables with icons?  :(

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #685 on: May 14, 2013, 04:21:32 PM »

Ah jeez, couldn't you mention that we need backgroundless pngs before I created 55 consumables with icons?  :(

Sorry :( I thought that was obvious, I mean, if we use items with white only backgrounds or items with different backgrounds we are severely limiting possibilities of design. Roman wrote a function that was supposed to autoremove backgrounds in renpy but I don't know if it actually works. And we will prolly be better off doing it manually anyway.

You icons look solid in the game btw (this is an Alkion frame). Also I've already added stacking (after I made these screenshots) :)

Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #686 on: May 14, 2013, 04:59:06 PM »
But, while harder to create, it's kind of nice to see their legs... can you help me decide?
Yeah, it's nice, but with legs they seem too far from MC for talking.

items with different backgrounds we are severely limiting possibilities of design
If you say so. I personally didn't care about background as long as it's not too ugly.

Cherry, would you like to help me with icons backgrounds?  :)

Offline CherryWood

« Reply #687 on: May 15, 2013, 12:51:28 PM »
Cherry, would you like to help me with icons backgrounds?  :)
np, if you guys think I can help you with something, just send it to me and I try.

In meantime, I'm working on sailormoon girlpack (+few other girls and NPCs) with VN storyline and few picture events. But that will take long to complete.

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #688 on: May 15, 2013, 02:30:49 PM »
Ok, thanks. I've created icons folder in your shared part, just as before we need these pictures as backgroundless pngs.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #689 on: May 15, 2013, 03:13:17 PM »
Ok, thanks. I've created icons folder in your shared part, just as before we need these pictures as backgroundless pngs.

Oki, I've finished basic mockup for items testing. Uploading to DB now.

Belt slots are not there yet cause they are useless at the moment but at least we can take out bugs in items logic.

PS: Striptease skill is called 'strip' in the game, you're writing it wrong in items.xml

« Last Edit: May 15, 2013, 03:17:25 PM by Xela »
Like what we're doing?