devolution

Author Topic: General Discussion  (Read 3821892 times)

Offline DarkTl

Re: -PyTFall- Dev Thread: Writers/Game Designers needed!
« Reply #690 on: May 15, 2013, 04:09:31 PM »
PS: Striptease skill is called 'strip' in the game, you're writing it wrong in items.xml
Not just there, but in traits.xml as well. You know why?
Because we discussed stats once in this post, where you called it striptease, and never since then  :D

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
« Reply #691 on: May 15, 2013, 04:51:23 PM »
Not just there, but in traits.xml as well. You know why?
Because we discussed stats once in this post, where you called it striptease, and never since then  :D

LoL

Fixed it, there is a good chance there was no striptease stat back when that post was written or it was dormant. I will not be able to code tomorrow but plan is to go back to security job next.

After that's finished we'll figure out together what gets coded next because original concept of SimBrothel version is no longer valid with new items system in place...

===============================
Edit: Hinata starting with full inventory and game starting with brothel and all slave girls in there set to random jobs there is for testing purposes (not a bug).
« Last Edit: May 15, 2013, 05:00:39 PM by Xela »
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #692 on: May 15, 2013, 05:02:15 PM »
Regret to inform you that you fixed it wrong, "stript(ease)".

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #693 on: May 15, 2013, 05:13:08 PM »
Regret to inform you that you fixed it wrong, "stript(ease)".

LoL again...

Been a long day, not mentioning that I've debugged 500 lines of code in under two hours this evening. (Alkions code can hardly be simply copypasted in PyTFall). GUI aside, items logic is 101% new so it is in need of testing. Inventory logic as well since Alkion does not have stackable items right now so I had to add that.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #694 on: May 15, 2013, 05:56:29 PM »
Ok, I'll test it more tomorrow, but for now the game crushes if you try to equip Maid Uniform and it doesn't have wrist slot (or should I say, it's invisible).
Besides, did you code "hidden" field already?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #695 on: May 16, 2013, 02:04:54 AM »
Ok, I'll test it more tomorrow, but for now the game crushes if you try to equip Maid Uniform and it doesn't have wrist slot (or should I say, it's invisible).

I forgot about the wrist slot, I'll add it tomorrow. 'hidden' field does nothing yet but there is no way that it would not work, it's just an if fork that adds or removes bunch of text.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #696 on: May 17, 2013, 06:57:52 AM »

Ok, so the slot is added and crash came from striptease in traits file (item was awarding traits) and couple of typos in the code as well. All that is fixed but I've encountered a serious flaw in my items design. Traits are VERY poorly handled. WM used counter to track traits but that doesn't seem to be working very well either so plan is to try and design a system with a counter and 'underlayer' to track traits properly...
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #697 on: May 17, 2013, 09:25:24 AM »
Ok, so the slot is added and crash came from striptease in traits file (item was awarding traits)
Btw, looks like your current traits file is old, it doesn't include Cherry's traits and some balance fixes. Don't take the new one for the time being, I need to doublecheck it for typos and syntax problems  :)

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #698 on: May 17, 2013, 09:26:58 AM »
Btw, looks like your current traits file is old, it doesn't include Cherry's traits and some balance fixes. Don't take the new one for the time being, I need to doublecheck it for typos and syntax problems  :)

Np, I wasn't planning to.

This trait activation thing is prolly the hardest subsystem I had to work on to date... still trying to crack it.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Jasuke

« Reply #699 on: May 18, 2013, 11:47:22 AM »
Hi!
:D
I'm not the most active member of this site by any means, but I am interested in what you guys are doing so a few questions to start me off:
1. Is there any working version of this yet? (would like to see what is there at this point)
2. I am not the best person for coding since I can only just do java and a bit of C, but I did read that you needed writers and I would like to think of myself as a decent writer when it comes to descriptions and dialogue so if you ever need some dialogue written if you give me the basics (location, context, characters involved) I can write you as much as you may need :)

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #700 on: May 18, 2013, 01:01:26 PM »
Hi!
 :D
I'm not the most active member of this site by any means, but I am interested in what you guys are doing so a few questions to start me off:
1. Is there any working version of this yet? (would like to see what is there at this point)
2. I am not the best person for coding since I can only just do java and a bit of C, but I did read that you needed writers and I would like to think of myself as a decent writer when it comes to descriptions and dialogue so if you ever need some dialogue written if you give me the basics (location, context, characters involved) I can write you as much as you may need :)

Hi :)

1) I'll upload what we have to my thread in Mods section. It's a buggy preAlpha so don't expect much, also all screens are temporary and should be eventually redesigned (when/if we find a GUI designer or gather enough resources for a GUI)

2) The problem is (truly no offense intended) that if every writer who claimed the same came up with a good amount of content we would have more than SlaveMaker at this point. But it always ends up in the same way, I spend hours explaining everything about the game in Skype/PM/Chat and person disappears. So if you like the game and want to add to it, simply join the dev team, get access to our DropBox folder, read through the thread to figure out what's needed. There is lots of stuff one could write for Interactions/NPCs/Locations/ Girlsmeets (althou Ncog may be taking care of that)/Events and etc. Just pick something and go with it, you can create a folder in DB shared one and upload all pics/backgrounds you find/texts you write. We all work at our own pace.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #701 on: May 20, 2013, 03:34:19 PM »
Another new, but quite popular slave training game for ripping texts and ideas  :)

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #702 on: May 20, 2013, 06:07:48 PM »
Another new, but quite popular slave training game for ripping texts and ideas  :)

Right... that's time wasted. I liked the idea of unlocking possibilities of interactions for money but it's better done with stats and skills instead. Otherwise it's just a bunch of events. Complete crap compared to SM or Valet Pletej.
Like what we're doing?

Offline rudistoned

« Reply #703 on: May 30, 2013, 03:17:33 AM »
hey guys!

git is great, makes collaborating a lot easier.

I made a few changes to job and next day code to improve readability and make debugging, expanding and maintaining it a little easier. I commited those changes into a new branch in my local git repository. Do you want me to push those changes into the sourceforge repository (if so, how do I do that?) or should I upload the changed files into dropbox (but then you don't get to cherry pick the changes you like). What's the best way to share my changes with you?

rudi

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #704 on: May 30, 2013, 03:40:52 AM »
hey guys!

git is great, makes collaborating a lot easier.

I made a few changes to job and next day code to improve readability and make debugging, expanding and maintaining it a little easier. I commited those changes into a new branch in my local git repository. Do you want me to push those changes into the sourceforge repository (if so, how do I do that?) or should I upload the changed files into dropbox (but then you don't get to cherry pick the changes you like). What's the best way to share my changes with you?

rudi

Hey man, welcome back. I am planning to redo brothels/jobs/next day soon (did some work on brothel upgrades just yesterday). You should push your changes to SF, I'll ask Matt to help you with access. Have you used git before? I am still trying to figure it out...

Edit:
PS: There is a communication document in DB folder, you could get on Mirc, would be easier to communicate that way.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2013, 03:44:51 AM by Xela »
Like what we're doing?