Author Topic: General Discussion  (Read 3821773 times)

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
Re: General Discussion
« Reply #855 on: July 06, 2013, 05:15:19 PM »
Well, if you want to use unique ones as random ones, you do need logic for it.

Anyway, I've found about 700 damn pics for 3 monster girls (those packs will be great  :) ). I need a good long break from it, so tomorrow I'll try to deal with git.

I already have an account there, and Mijh mentioned you guys should give me access first. I don't think I have anything to do with the code now, but I could use access to content repository.
Username is darktl, ID is 4282926.

Ok, I'll add you tomorrow and update the repo  when I am done with random girls... it's getting a bit outdated.

And I never meant we should use all of the unique girls as randoms... I meant we could take a couple of girls that COULD be unique and add them as randoms.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #856 on: July 06, 2013, 06:58:24 PM »
Well, I've managed to fill the game with random girl :)

There might be one or two new bugs because of that, but we'll work them out, otherwise preliminary testing shows good results :)
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #857 on: July 07, 2013, 05:26:25 AM »
I wonder what'll happen if you don't specify borders for some stats of random character. Will they be 0 (except health, it would mean instant death I guess)?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #858 on: July 07, 2013, 05:32:45 AM »
I wonder what'll happen if you don't specify borders for some stats of random character. Will they be 0 (except health, it would mean instant death I guess)?

I've already taken precautions. Health is forced to 100 if not specified, rest of stats to 0.

We'll keep improving algorithms as we advance games code.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #859 on: July 07, 2013, 05:47:50 AM »
Hm, and if you set it to 0 or less? Can a girl die at all while she is not a part of your brothel?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #860 on: July 07, 2013, 05:53:09 AM »
Well, I've had some time to test random girl you've found pics for, it works in all places that use recent code and breaks in most places I've coded 3/4 month ago. I'll have to update a good amount of code (Something I've been meaning to do for quite a while). That means no real progress but improved logic and interfaces for a while...

Hm, and if you set it to 0 or less? Can a girl die at all while she is not a part of your brothel?

Yes, she'll die on activation and you'll never know about it. But there are plenty of ways of f#cking the game up by making bad content as it is, I'll either write normalization (there are a couple already) functions in the future or we'll just agree to be responsible for content in main releases and mods can mess up the game as much as they like.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #861 on: July 07, 2013, 08:09:06 AM »
At least one trait reduces max health. So normalization is necessary.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #862 on: July 07, 2013, 09:58:39 AM »
At least one trait reduces max health. So normalization is necessary.

Traits are applied after the stats are. That shouldn't be an issue.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #863 on: July 07, 2013, 10:45:08 AM »
Are you sure? If some hypothetical really weak girls already has 10 hp current and max according to her xml, and then we'll add a trait with -20 to max hp, she'll get negative health.

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #864 on: July 08, 2013, 05:01:08 AM »
So, do I have access to git or not? I don't see any changes in my account.
I'm not complaining or something, but it's you guys tried to convince me to join that thing. If you change your mind now, just say. I can live without it  :D

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #865 on: July 08, 2013, 06:09:45 AM »
So, do I have access to git or not? I don't see any changes in my account.
I'm not complaining or something, but it's you guys tried to convince me to join that thing. If you change your mind now, just say. I can live without it  :D

Done :) Sorry for the delay, things been hectic.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #866 on: July 08, 2013, 09:36:40 AM »
Looks like you added me to the base code brunch. As far as I understand, Mijh mentioned that content/image repository is this brunch.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #867 on: July 08, 2013, 11:13:31 AM »
Looks like you added me to the base code brunch. As far as I understand, Mijh mentioned that content/image repository is this brunch.

You have access to everything. You can just push from content branch if you don't wanna bother with code.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #868 on: July 08, 2013, 03:48:45 PM »
Ok. Client synchronizes with repository now, we'll see if I'm able to figure it out  :)

Another elven random pack is ready, two more coming tomorrow. I doubt very much that possible to create packs with a high degree of pics similarity for other forest creatures, like those centaurs and dryads from wm ex, but I'll try with fairies.

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #869 on: July 09, 2013, 05:27:40 AM »
Well, I can't be sure I do everything right, but I can't push anything to content branch.