devolution

Author Topic: General Discussion  (Read 3821214 times)

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
Re: General Discussion
« Reply #870 on: July 09, 2013, 06:04:19 AM »
Well, I can't be sure I do everything right, but I can't push anything to content branch.

You need to activate GUI/Console inside the content folder instead of main. What are you want to push anyway?
Like what we're doing?

Offline rudistoned

« Reply #871 on: July 09, 2013, 06:43:58 AM »
You can also activate the git bash in the content folder and use the following command to push your changes into the master branch of the content repository:

Code: [Select]

git push ssh://[enter your sourceforge login here]@git.code.sf.net/p/pytfall/content/content master

Be sure to replace the expression in [ ] with your user name.

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #872 on: July 09, 2013, 08:55:54 AM »
God dammit, I'm so tired of this git bulls**t. Ironically, git client doesn't help much, because it simply doesn't have any guides or help at all since it designed for experienced users of git.

For testing purposes I tried to add to content folder four random packs. On the one hand looks like I succeed, since now it says "everything is up to date", on the other hand last update on sourceforge is still 1 day ago for master branch and 05-22 for content.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2013, 12:08:50 PM by DarkTl »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #873 on: July 09, 2013, 11:59:35 AM »
I can only suggest that you'll start with a couple of files instead of packs and figure out the basics.

Like:
stage files = prepare files for commit
commit = Update your local version
push = upload to server
pull = download from server
branch = pool of code/content you want to work with separably (master branch should be the main dev verison)
merge = merging different branches into one combining the code

It takes some time getting used to, but unless you want to learn about advanced functionality (I haven't so far), that's all you really need to know. Using GUI simplifies things a bit.

Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #874 on: July 09, 2013, 12:11:01 PM »
Not to mention periodic "unexpected end of file" errors during downloading. I guess git is badly insured against transmission errors, so you have to be ready to download multi-gigabyte distributive as many times as necessary. Lol.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #875 on: July 09, 2013, 12:20:28 PM »
Not to mention periodic "unexpected end of file" errors during downloading. I guess git is badly insured against transmission errors, so you have to be ready to download multi-gigabyte distributive as many times as necessary. Lol.

Yeah, I had the same problem when I was uploading new packs and after 3rd or 4th fail, wanted to go and look for command lines to stabilize the process but soon found out that you/server don't loose data is the process fails, so you basically just need to keep pushing/pulling. I am sure there are advanced command lines to improve the transfer...
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #876 on: July 09, 2013, 01:04:21 PM »
Alright, some conclusions for today. First of all, client starts throwing some errors about trees. If it means that I accidentally messed git repository, I'm sorry  :(

Secondly, git may be useful for the source code, but it's totally unacceptable for content.
For testing purposes today I downloaded distributive ten times, and only two times it was successful.
Obviously, hereinafter the larger will be the size of the content, the smaller will be the chance to download it. We have to use anything else, like db, mega, maybe torrent after the game release.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #877 on: July 09, 2013, 02:41:00 PM »
Alright, some conclusions for today. First of all, client starts throwing some errors about trees. If it means that I accidentally messed git repository, I'm sorry  :(

Secondly, git may be useful for the source code, but it's totally unacceptable for content.
For testing purposes today I downloaded distributive ten times, and only two times it was successful.
Obviously, hereinafter the larger will be the size of the content, the smaller will be the chance to download it. We have to use anything else, like db, mega, maybe torrent after the game release.

I agree, we never intended to have a full game riding on sf, just the code and enough content for proper testing.

Didn't have much time for coding otherwise, I'll try to finish all adjustments needed for random girls to run perfectly everywhere (right now I've almost finished logic for SlaveMarket, improved screen for SM, girlsmeets will remain after that).
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #878 on: July 09, 2013, 02:49:27 PM »
Btw, what do you think about auction at the slave market? Otherworld has one, although its algorithm is fairly predictable.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #879 on: July 09, 2013, 03:51:52 PM »
Btw, what do you think about auction at the slave market? Otherworld has one, although its algorithm is fairly predictable.

I am for the simpler model right now, we should create a world and slave training first, after that's done, we can create auction house separetly to trade in either perfectly trained slaves, exotic slaves/girls (rare/hard to get) and rare items.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #880 on: July 10, 2013, 12:35:49 PM »
About random girls, what if you using probability for mutually exclusive traits?
Like 50% for Agressive and 50% for Collected, or 80/20 for Average Boobs/Big Boobs. How the game will choose between them?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #881 on: July 10, 2013, 12:48:59 PM »
About random girls, what if you using probability for mutually exclusive traits?
Like 50% for Agressive and 50% for Collected, or 80/20 for Average Boobs/Big Boobs. How the game will choose between them?

Traits will be enabled if percentage rolls and in the order you put them in a file. Otherwise usual rules apply, if Average Boobs rolls before Big Boobs, the latter will be blocked.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #882 on: July 10, 2013, 01:29:49 PM »
I see. Currently the only ones mandatory traits are boobs traits. It means that pack makers have to place Average Boobs with 100% at the very end of json if they make a roll for other boobs traits, otherwise there is a chance that some girls won't have boobs from the viewpoint of traits. Or it could be hardcoded like in wm ex, ie if some girl doesn't have any boobs traits at all, she gets Average Boobs automatically.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #883 on: July 10, 2013, 01:43:25 PM »
I see. Currently the only ones mandatory traits are boobs traits. It means that pack makers have to place Average Boobs with 100% at the very end of json if they make a roll for other boobs traits, otherwise there is a chance that some girls won't have boobs from the viewpoint of traits. Or it could be hardcoded like in wm ex, ie if some girl doesn't have any boobs traits at all, she gets Average Boobs automatically.

Ok, we can go either way. SlaveMarket is finished (we should prolly turn it into location, not access it from the main screen?), I'll see if I can temporally fix gm code, finish fixing couple of bugs and update sf.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #884 on: July 10, 2013, 02:10:04 PM »
Come to think of it, random and unique characters both could use hardcoded Average Boobs in case if pack maker forgot about them.

Two more random girls today. I'm expecting 2-4 packs tomorrow, depending on the number of available pics. After that we probably won't need new random monster girls at least until 1.0 version, although I have a couple of ideas about non-monster ones inhabiting the city.

we should prolly turn it into location, not access it from the main screen?
Yeah, I'll look for suitable pictures.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2013, 02:13:27 PM by DarkTl »