devolution

Author Topic: General Discussion  (Read 3821204 times)

Offline Pashax2

Re: General Discussion
« Reply #885 on: July 10, 2013, 11:22:41 PM »
Hey all, I've been following the work on this and I have to say I'm eager about the potential it has. Is there any chance you could give us an idea about how far through the roadmap you are? Some screenshots would be nice too, but I understand there might not be anything worth showing off right now.
In any case, thanks heaps for your work on it. I'm really looking forward to seeing how it turns out!  :)

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
« Reply #886 on: July 11, 2013, 10:02:06 AM »
Hey all, I've been following the work on this and I have to say I'm eager about the potential it has.

Thanks!

Is there any chance you could give us an idea about how far through the roadmap you are?

Thats pretty difficult because we're kind of programming outside of roadmap at this moment, we've developed some parts of the game (logic mostly) beyond the original plan, however, since girlsmeets/interactions are at standstill, dev version is STILL at 0.29 even thought there is a lot of new code (prolly a few thousand lines) and a lot of new content.

Some screenshots would be nice too, but I understand there might not be anything worth showing off right now.

These haven't been posted on this forum (Some are already a bit outdated):

In any case, thanks heaps for your work on it. I'm really looking forward to seeing how it turns out!

You're welcome, I wanna know how it turns out as well :)
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #887 on: July 11, 2013, 11:11:55 AM »
Alright, some conclusions for today. First of all, client starts throwing some errors about trees. If it means that I accidentally messed git repository, I'm sorry  :(

Secondly, git may be useful for the source code, but it's totally unacceptable for content.
For testing purposes today I downloaded distributive ten times, and only two times it was successful.
Obviously, hereinafter the larger will be the size of the content, the smaller will be the chance to download it. We have to use anything else, like db, mega, maybe torrent after the game release.

You've not updated random girls at the depo since I cannot get them. You need to commit content folder first, then merge it with master branch of content, then commit those changes in general master branch and only then push to the main master branch...

I've pushed random girls code + new slavemarket + bugfixes + one random girl with incomplete data file + some bug fixes + retail store + some new unrelated crap (like me testing some animations code (seems to be running slower than RenPy original btw)).

In any case, if you want, you can upload your random girls packs to DB, I can tag them and add to the depo.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2013, 11:16:20 AM by Xela »
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #888 on: July 11, 2013, 11:32:37 AM »
Well, girlsmeets/interactions are problematic. I'm a bad writer no matter the language, even those descriptions for items were pain for me. And we probably won't get decent writers until the playable release.

Anyway, I dropped three random packs without enough pictures (that includes fairy, so we'll have to use unique ones one way or another in the future, I guess Eliont will be happy if I'll use characters from his favotite SAO  :) ), now I'm finishing slime rmg. Then I'll make 2-3 rg androids for the city based on os-mascots. After that battle sprites for forest mobs.

You've not updated random girls at the depo since I cannot get them. You need to commit content folder first, then merge it with master branch of content, then commit those changes in general master branch and only then push to the main master branch
It turns out that git is like a Black Hole for content, you can upload there all you want, but when it comes to loading, you will enjoy ueof errors.
When/if I'll work on the source code, then I'll use git.

As for uploading them, you can and will find links to my packs in my db folder in girls\links.txt.
Besides, it looks like that (at least for now) xmls and jsons will change frequently, unlike packs themselves, so on mega they will be without data files, those files will be in dropbox.

And speaking of data files, could you give me an example of the finished json for random girl? Or you still working on its concept and syntax?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #889 on: July 11, 2013, 11:44:21 AM »
Well, girlsmeets/interactions are problematic. I'm a bad writer no matter the language, even those descriptions for items were pain for me. And we probably won't get decent writers until the playable release.

Anyway, I dropped three random packs without enough pictures (that includes fairy, so we'll have to use unique ones one way or another in the future, I guess Eliont will be happy if I'll use characters from his favotite SAO  :) ), now I'm finishing slime rmg. Then I'll make 2-3 rg androids for the city based on os-mascots. After that battle sprites for forest mobs.
It turns out that git is like a Black Hole for content, you can upload there all you want, but when it comes to loading, you will enjoy ueof errors.
When/if I'll work on the source code, then I'll use git.

As for uploading them, you can and will find links to my packs in my db folder in girls\links.txt.
Besides, it looks like that (at least for now) xmls and jsons will change frequently, unlike packs themselves, so on mega they will be without data files, those files will be in dropbox.

And speaking of data files, could you give me an example of the finished json for random girl? Or you still working on its concept and syntax?

I recall Roman making his own SOA pack. I've updated DB with what I have so you can take a look... There is some crap that is still off (minor mostly), but I couldn't get game to crash :)

// PS: Figured out that slave market is broken (Fixed), I'll see if I can fix that tonight along with adding boob traits checks on loading.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2013, 02:35:21 PM by Xela »
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #890 on: July 11, 2013, 02:35:48 PM »
I recall Roman making his own SOA pack.
Yeah, I know. I mean he will be happy to see them in as many games as possible  :)

About interface, instead of the cross in the top right part of the screen we need a big, noticeable button, like "go back" or "return to brothel", maybe in the bottom middle part.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #891 on: July 11, 2013, 02:39:46 PM »
About interface, instead of the cross in the top right part of the screen we need a big, noticeable button, like "go back" or "return to brothel", maybe in the bottom middle part.

We'll leave stuff like that to the time we redesign screens...
Like what we're doing?

Offline CherryWood

« Reply #892 on: July 11, 2013, 03:32:56 PM »

Thats pretty difficult because we're kind of programming outside of roadmap at this moment, we've developed some parts of the game (logic mostly) beyond the original plan, however, since girlsmeets/interactions are at standstill, dev version is STILL at 0.29 even thought there is a lot of new code (prolly a few thousand lines) and a lot of new content.

I was thinking about girlmeets again, but I wasn't able to come with any worthwhile improvements to current concept. We probably need a lot of text to make simbro1x system look good, I'm not confident to write these missing lines myself and lines I ripped from Illusion games are good only for a few categories.

// PS: Figured out that slave market is broken (Fixed), I'll see if I can fix that tonight along with adding boob traits checks on loading.
This "average boobs" trait still makes no sense to me...   what is the reasoning behind it?

btw, I started creating Haruhi pack. It irritated me to no end that she have 30 pics when she could easily have a few hundreds.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #893 on: July 11, 2013, 03:51:39 PM »
Well, we'll figure out girlsmeets, lots of texts we can get at later points of development, like I've said, we can start with basics first.

Forced trait was Dark's idea but it does make sense... I'll leave it out for now if there are still doubts, it's not hard to add.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #894 on: July 11, 2013, 04:27:58 PM »
This "average boobs" trait still makes no sense to me...   what is the reasoning behind it?
Well, if you want to know, because wm ex has it, and I always liked it. A girl may not have long legs or nice arse, and since we use sexy characters from various games, anime, etc., they can't have short legs or ugly ass, for example.
But girls will always have boobs, and traits reflect it.
It's purely cosmetic trait of course, just like those pseudo traits I proposed earlier. If you prefer to not have any purely cosmetic traits at all, then I'll remove it.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
Like what we're doing?

Offline CherryWood

« Reply #896 on: July 11, 2013, 05:48:47 PM »

Well, if you want to know, because wm ex has it, and I always liked it. A girl may not have long legs or nice arse, and since we use sexy characters from various games, anime, etc., they can't have short legs or ugly ass, for example.
But girls will always have boobs, and traits reflect it.
It's purely cosmetic trait of course, just like those pseudo traits I proposed earlier. If you prefer to not have any purely cosmetic traits at all, then I'll remove it.
If you like it, then I'm totally fine with having it... I was just wondering about this trait a bit, because it's an exception from what I would expect (no big boobs or small boobs = average boobs, in same manner like I'm assuming hetero orientation and average inteligence/strenght/willpower/etc. on traitless girl).

Well, we'll figure out girlsmeets, lots of texts we can get at later points of development, like I've said, we can start with basics first.

Ok, then, texts aside, is there something left to decide for basic version?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #897 on: July 11, 2013, 06:51:13 PM »
@Xela
Nice parody  :D

hetero orientation and average inteligence/strenght/willpower/etc. on traitless girl
Yeah, you have a point there. I guess you could call it an easter egg  :)
Anyway, we definitely can live without this trait, so if anyone wants me to delete it, just say the word.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2013, 06:53:47 PM by DarkTl »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #898 on: July 12, 2013, 10:45:34 AM »
Ok, then, texts aside, is there something left to decide for basic version?

I don't really have an answer, as I've said above, we have strayed off the roadmap with random girls, advanced items system, talk about exploration and combat and so on and I have no idea where it ends so I can't really tell what's required.

Otherwise, besides the texts, we'll have to balance out the game (stats, traits, items, prices, awards etc.), finish girls actions during/after jobs, add some random events, create MC and intro with a storyline, hunt down all bugs after alpha and beta releases. Prolly more...
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #899 on: July 12, 2013, 01:35:05 PM »
we'll have to balance out the game (stats, traits, items, prices, awards etc.)
I need a fully functioning brothel for a start to balance out items prices.

Prolly more...
Yeah, you forgot about clones  :)

Androids rg are done. Besides, if you need jsons for my random packs, they are now in db as well.
Tomorrow I'll start to work on the forest. I guess one such dungeon-type location will be enough for now.