Author Topic: General Discussion  (Read 3821876 times)

Offline CherryWood

Re: General Discussion
« Reply #1020 on: September 04, 2013, 12:12:27 PM »

Try something like this:

Code: [Select]
    if chr.occupation == 'Warrior' and "Lesbian" in chr.traits:
        $chr_gm(random.choice(["Warrior Text", "Lesbian Text", "Mixed text?"]))

I was thinking about something that would randomly select one from these conditions before selecting actual line. Like, it there are (Warrior, Lesbian, Retarded) forks, for girl that is Warrior and Lesbian, it would be 50% chance for warrior line and 50% chance for lesbian line. For girl that have all of these, 33% for each option. Or anything else that would allow something like that. (Maybe checking all and adding them to list?...I don't really know)

That falls on to me, if you just use hello before you can start interaction, choices menu will be blocked. So I'll either have to code in a text window that does not block that menu and throw a greeting text (Hello/Hi/Hey at first, Hi again and so on after you've met the girl) or go with something more elegant like a bubble speech box for the greeting. Don't worry about that for now, there are plenty workarounds.
Ok, I'll leave that for later.
And thanks for Rgirls, it was a little hard to find my testing girl with all those elves around :)
« Last Edit: September 04, 2013, 12:23:03 PM by CherryWood »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
« Reply #1021 on: September 04, 2013, 01:05:31 PM »
I was thinking about something that would randomly select one from these conditions before selecting actual line. Like, it there are (Warrior, Lesbian, Retarded) forks, for girl that is Warrior and Lesbian, it would be 50% chance for warrior line and 50% chance for lesbian line. For girl that have all of these, 33% for each option. Or anything else that would allow something like that. (Maybe checking all and adding them to list?...I don't really know)

Somewhat confusing...

I need to think about this for a while. Best way as it seems to me would be putting each interaction on a separate label, for example "Warrior" could become 'gm_interact_interests_warrior'.

Then, on the main label of interaction ('gm_interact_interests'), you could define a new list (as you suggested), for example:

$gm_interests = []
Then, you would have to write a codeblock like this:

if chr.occupation == "Warrior":
    $gm_interests.append('gm_interact_interests_warrior') # This adds label name associated with girl being a Warrior to the list
if "Lesbian" in chr.traits:
    $gm_interests.append('gm_interact_interests_lesbian') # Note that this must be another IF, not elif.

After you've added every possible label, you jump, randomly choosing from that list:
if gm_interests:
    $jump(random.choice(gm_interests)) # This will make sure that all labels are chosen with equal opportunity and game will only try to make a jump if there is at least one label in the list.
else:
    $jump("default") # Some default texts or a choice from a pool of texts if non of the conditions above could be applied to the girl.

Last "default" doesn't have to be a label btw, you can just use texts on the same label.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2013, 01:11:17 PM by Xela »
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #1022 on: September 04, 2013, 03:06:08 PM »
Edit: Also, all stat will have defaults and there will be normalization methods in place. It's very easy to do, I am just still not sure about the proper acceptable ranges for stats.
I guess I'll just ignore initial stats until we'll have a more clear picture.
I've uploaded all my packs and jsons/xmls for them. I'll try to find more decent camp pics tomorrow.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1023 on: September 04, 2013, 03:30:43 PM »
I guess I'll just ignore initial stats until we'll have a more clear picture.
I've uploaded all my packs and jsons/xmls for them. I'll try to find more decent camp pics tomorrow.

Oki. I am rethinking my decision to go with exploration instead of Arena for 1.0 (You were in favor of the Arena if I recall). The trouble is that getting exploration to the point where I would consider it interesting might be very consuming and I really want to release an Alpha soon.

Map of at least 40x40 with a lot of different tiles, a large (2x2 tile road) with 1 safe forest tile on each side, random meetings, traveling merchants, shops, NPCs and events seems to be the very minimum to me. Otherwise it would be to boring, not mentioning that a large amount of different monsters would be required to make it work. Streamlining items rewards and experience systems are also likely to be challenging.

So the Arena might actually be less work. We can leave simple "forest outskirts" exploration as well. Otherwise, 80% of the code I've written for exploration would be reusable in Arena. What do you think?

We could also start a poll or something.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #1024 on: September 04, 2013, 05:28:19 PM »
I'm for arena. We do need some kind of simple dungeon though, either forest outskirts or good old catacombs, as a source of rm girls at very least, even if all items will be in shops and arena.

We have to adapt game's code to map editor anyway before we will be able to make a decent, good looking forest.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1025 on: September 04, 2013, 05:49:46 PM »
I'm for arena. We do need some kind of simple dungeon though, either forest outskirts or good old catacombs, as a source of rm girls at very least, even if all items will be in shops and arena.

We have to adapt game's code to map editor anyway before we will be able to make a decent, good looking forest.

Ok, then I'll try to set up Arena tomorrow.

As for exploration, I am in favor of forest outskirts. We'll move witches hunt to the starting tile and set up something safe and simple around it. Past that a corridor into the forest with some challenging monsters and decent rewards.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #1026 on: September 05, 2013, 02:20:55 PM »
Girl Control could use more tooltips. I understand only Autorest and House Per so far  :)

For some reason there were two copies of persona characters in db version, I've deleted excess ones, but they might appear again if you have them in your dev version.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1027 on: September 05, 2013, 02:35:13 PM »
Girl Control could use more tooltips. I understand only Autorest and House Per so far  :)

For some reason there were two copies of persona characters in db version, I've deleted excess ones, but they might appear again if you have them in your dev version.

Yeap, I'll add that later, all should work except for the slavedriver.

I never copy packs, just code/resources.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1028 on: September 05, 2013, 07:58:34 PM »
Did some work on Arena but didn't get very far. Did manage to improve a lot of code and got rid of a number of bugs we haven't caught yet. Also improved equipment/shop screens to properly display items statistics. Tooltips in slavemarket were messed up, couple of transitions were missing, stupid reusable screens I made cause unable to figure out how to use Eliont's (long time ago) are gone. Girls are now sold/fired through confirmation screen and are automatically removed from the exploration party. New attribute "arena" of the girls class will track which girls are currently participating in the Arena and are not available for girlsmeets. Last bug standing is a bad sell/buy button in the shops, I'll figure out what's wrong with it tomorrow.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1029 on: September 06, 2013, 01:19:12 PM »
Freaking wierd... I could swear their was a bug that messed up sell/buy button in the shops yesterday but I cannot replicate it today...

In any case, I am going to put some time into Arena tonight and get a semi-working version of that this weekend. Any thoughts/request/ideas?
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #1030 on: September 06, 2013, 02:01:44 PM »
As far as I understand, at arena we will fight for money, fame, maybe slaves with random parties consisting of random and unique girls which didn't join MC yet.
And you have to sign up for battle in advance, a few days or even weeks before it.

Not sure if I have anything major to add to this concept, aside from various modes (for example, some kind of ladder, like in Mortal Kombat games). Maybe limitation on party members, so you cannot take 3 people to one on one duel mode?

Also we have to decide what to do with characters without battle sprites. I propose to block warrior occupation for them and use only warriors inside BE, including arena.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1031 on: September 06, 2013, 02:44:32 PM »
As far as I understand, at arena we will fight for money, fame, maybe slaves with random parties consisting of random and unique girls which didn't join MC yet.
And you have to sign up for battle in advance, a few days or even weeks before it.

Not sure if I have anything major to add to this concept, aside from various modes (for example, some kind of ladder, like in Mortal Kombat games). Maybe limitation on party members, so you cannot take 3 people to one on one duel mode?

Also we have to decide what to do with characters without battle sprites. I propose to block warrior occupation for them and use only warriors inside BE, including arena.

Decided to skip coding today after all cause I cannot wrap my head around anything.

I want there to be kinda "dog fighting" as well. Player would have to get some rep/fame fighting in low-profile fights without signups before advancing to planned/line-up matches. Not at the main arena but somewhere underground with less people watching the events.

Matches will be 1v1/2v2/3v3. Obviously only warriors will participate.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #1032 on: September 06, 2013, 04:38:23 PM »
Arena also could be a meeting place with both spectators (unless you lost miserably) and enemies (if we don't fight to the death).

Offline CherryWood

« Reply #1033 on: September 07, 2013, 10:53:30 AM »
I don't have any new ideas to contribute about arena.
From previous posts about it, I like the most: Tournament and global ladder with portraits, improving fighters over time, npc participants.

Just please add option to set if a girl-warrior will participate in arena or not for making girlpacks.
----------
I was Ill for most of the week so I don't have girmeet texts added yet.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1034 on: September 07, 2013, 03:01:24 PM »
I was Ill for most of the week so I don't have girmeet texts added yet.

Looks like you and me are in the same boat, I am getting splitting headaches from the meds I gotta take so I cannot get any work done either, really hoping this crap goes away soon.
Like what we're doing?