Author Topic: General Discussion  (Read 3821735 times)

Offline DarkTl

Re: General Discussion
« Reply #1050 on: September 17, 2013, 02:28:14 PM »
How those ladders will be maintained? Will they be created randomly in the beginning of the game, or there actually will be fights between girls even without MC participation?
« Last Edit: September 17, 2013, 02:29:51 PM by DarkTl »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
« Reply #1051 on: September 17, 2013, 02:44:02 PM »
How those ladders will be maintained? Will they be created randomly in the beginning of the game, or there actually will be fights between girls even without MC participation?

Right now at the start, they are created randomly but I will improve that process in order to allow influence by modders in the future. There will be plenty of fights in the Arena without MCs participation.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #1052 on: September 18, 2013, 03:18:22 AM »
What will happen if, for example, you meet and rectute a girl which occupies the first place? It's kinda like you have a winner without actual fight.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1053 on: September 18, 2013, 03:37:16 AM »
What will happen if, for example, you meet and rectute a girl which occupies the first place? It's kinda like you have a winner without actual fight.

I've wrote somewhere that it's going to be bloody hard to recruit girls that are earning a lot of money and/or take high positions in the city. Especially at first, when we have just one security job and unfinished exploration for them to do. Basically, she will say no or only for an insane amount of money.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #1054 on: September 18, 2013, 04:58:09 AM »
I mean, what will happen with the ladder? How are you supposed to fight with your own employee for the first palce?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1055 on: September 18, 2013, 05:10:31 AM »
I mean, what will happen with the ladder? How are you supposed to fight with your own employee for the first palce?

I doubt first place in Arena will ever become your "employee", even if that will happen, it'll go the way we want it to go but I am not even close to writing that logic yet.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #1056 on: September 18, 2013, 05:23:14 AM »
Not necessarily the first place. If you hire fiftieth place, how will you fight for fiftieth place? I'm myself not sure how to handle this. Either you automatically get fiftieth place, or the girl should be removed from the ladder. Because if you have to fight with her after all, you might as well nerf her stats with items before the battle.

Or, for example, if you hire someone from 2v2 or 3v3 ladders, not necessarily from the top too, what will happen with the rest of their "team"?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1057 on: September 18, 2013, 05:58:34 AM »
Not necessarily the first place. If you hire fiftieth place, how will you fight for fiftieth place? I'm myself not sure how to handle this. Either you automatically get fiftieth place, or the girl should be removed from the ladder. Because if you have to fight with her after all, you might as well nerf her stats with items before the battle.

Or, for example, if you hire someone from 2v2 or 3v3 ladders, not necessarily from the top too, what will happen with the rest of their "team"?

We'll have to put that in the negotiation during the hiring process. Teammates will either have to find someone else or girl will be unavailable to work for you on fighting days.

Also, places belong to specific people, if you hire someone who's lets say 15th, you don't get squat and you'll have to fight that girl.

We'll figure out the kinks later, I think simply talking to the character would be a good way to settle most of these issues.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1058 on: September 20, 2013, 03:24:08 PM »
http://wags-softball.d4sportsclub.com/page.aspx?id=30

Does anyone have objections to using these names for teams or should we try to come up with something more original or trim down this/other list?
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #1059 on: September 20, 2013, 03:45:46 PM »
Nope, they seem perfect to me  :)
Maybe except Team America and others that refer to "our" world.

Offline Pashax2

« Reply #1060 on: September 21, 2013, 02:10:13 AM »
It looks like a fine list. As Dark says, though, it would be a good idea to remove the names that refer to things which don't exist in the target world. Names involving bombers, dynamite, America, etc don't really seem to fit very well.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1061 on: September 21, 2013, 03:43:23 AM »
I've cleaned the list up a bit, going to load it into the game today. Lineups/ladder seem to be working with basic interface already. Matches logic is next, behavior logic last (how Arena girls interact with rest of the game etc.). Maybe a half decent Arena screens for Alpha as well, right now those are VERY basic.

This is the last large addition before the Alpha I expects, really basic exploration (5 - 6 tile types max), girlsmeets, interactions and wrapping up some job logic/texts and we'll have a half working game. I think after that we should add some basic slave training, quests, bit more exploration, alchemy and monster girl capture for alpha 2 release.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #1062 on: September 21, 2013, 04:13:26 AM »
And when we will make our first try to balance things out?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1063 on: September 21, 2013, 06:21:39 AM »
And when we will make our first try to balance things out?

Before first Alpha, that's what I meant with "wrapping up". First goal should be making it playable, fine-tuning we can do later.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1064 on: September 24, 2013, 05:03:54 PM »
Basic displays of the sorting/tracking methods of Arena, these screens will be improved even for Alpha:

Found something epic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJbTjBLEKBU
I am listening to this track next time I get to coding :)
« Last Edit: September 24, 2013, 05:10:27 PM by Xela »
Like what we're doing?