devolution

Author Topic: General Discussion  (Read 3821725 times)

Offline DarkTl

Re: General Discussion
« Reply #1095 on: October 01, 2013, 09:18:44 AM »
We don't have any human rgirls
Yup, they are all humans in DQ.

Also I am thinking we should prolly make packs with 3 - 4 pics best pics per category.
Leaving aside the discussion about different tastes for different people, all pictures in my packs are already  best from my perspective, without any significant flaws. If you or anyone else don't have enough space on hdd, just delete those you personally don't like  :)

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
« Reply #1096 on: October 01, 2013, 09:59:16 AM »
Leaving aside the discussion about different tastes for different people, all pictures in my packs are already  best from my perspective, without any significant flaws. If you or anyone else don't have enough space on hdd, just delete those you personally don't like  :)

Oki.. Naruto/One piece packs have pics that are plain ugly thou...

On a different note, I've fixed the issue with 3 people combat on players side, it was a rather plain error in BE itself.

Going to put some time into Arena now. There are no more bottlenecks I could find and simple code optimization would not increase performance by more than 10 - 40% max so there is little point in it before beta (basically I am happy with speed again :) ).
Like what we're doing?

Offline CherryWood

« Reply #1097 on: October 01, 2013, 10:33:51 AM »
.Leaving aside the discussion about different tastes for different people, all pictures in my packs are already  best from my perspective, without any significant flaws. If you or anyone else don't have enough space on hdd, just delete those you personally don't like

my thoughts exactly, sorry xela! :-)

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #1098 on: October 01, 2013, 10:38:43 AM »
Ah, Naruto, One Piece and Persona are beta ones, I will look at them closer to the alpha release. All the rest packs are ready.
I thought we talking about random packs only.

But there won't be 3-4 good pics per category in my packs, unless I was unable to find more  :)
« Last Edit: October 01, 2013, 10:42:34 AM by DarkTl »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1099 on: October 01, 2013, 11:05:22 AM »

my thoughts exactly, sorry xela! :-)

Well, that's kinda my philosophy as well... it may however change when we get to tagging :)

Ah, Naruto, One Piece and Persona are beta ones, I will look at them closer to the alpha release. All the rest packs are ready.
I thought we talking about random packs only.

But there won't be 3-4 good pics per category in my packs, unless I was unable to find more  :)

Those two and Haruhi (I don't know where she comes from) were my main concern.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #1100 on: October 01, 2013, 11:12:48 AM »
I think one of those guys that dissappeared shortly after beginning of the project made Haruhi. Or maybe it's yours, like Tifa, I don't remember.
Oh, and if you talking about those Naruto girls in the current dropbox version, they are not mine either.

Offline KaiSakurai

« Reply #1101 on: October 01, 2013, 11:29:04 AM »
just a question:
how does the hero gain AP?
its empty for a few days now...
it doesnt seem to refill with goin on to next day
and without ap he cant help defending while customer attacks

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1102 on: October 01, 2013, 12:00:11 PM »
just a question:
how does the hero gain AP?
its empty for a few days now...
it doesnt seem to refill with goin on to next day
and without ap he cant help defending while customer attacks

I've never coded that in, actually, I don't think hero does anything at all. He shouldn't be able to recover health and fatigue either... we've been focusing on code, not playability :(

You can add this to classes - characters.rpy file (Player class is the very first one, next_day method is last, after the delimiter)
Code: [Select]
    # --------------------------------------------------------------------- <-- delimiter
        def next_day(self):
            # ND Logic....

# -------------
            self.itemCounter()
            # Add here:
            self.AP = self.maxAP + int(self.constitution / 20)
            self.mod("health", self.max["health"])
            self.mod("fatigue", self.min["fatigue"])
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #1103 on: October 01, 2013, 01:14:36 PM »
Well then, I've uploaded a new version of One Piece. All plain ugly (to me) pics are gone, except for Nefertari Vivi, since she doesn't have enough pics to be too picky, but enough to fill all main categories. I believe it's up to player whether to use such characters or not.

Offline KaiSakurai

« Reply #1104 on: October 01, 2013, 04:04:51 PM »
I've never coded that in, actually, I don't think hero does anything at all. He shouldn't be able to recover health and fatigue either... we've been focusing on code, not playability :(

You can add this to classes - characters.rpy file (Player class is the very first one, next_day method is last, after the delimiter)
    # --------------------------------------------------------------------- <-- delimiter
        def next_day(self):
            # ND Logic....

# -------------
            self.itemCounter()
            # Add here:
            self.AP = self.maxAP + int(self.constitution / 20)
            self.mod("health", self.max["health"])
            self.mod("fatigue", self.min["fatigue"])

the hero actually does something in the brothel...
if positioned there and having at least 1 AP he helps if customers start a brawl
he acts like a guard
and since his stats r MUCH better than those of the guard girls he is the most important for defending
never losin with him
i cant believe u coded it but forgot that u did it and now say he doesnt do anything o.O

EDIT: the code works fine
AP recovered(and recovers faster than its used as i only use 1 AP per day but gain all 7 of his max AP xD)
finally this butthead is of some use again^^
until u implement actual combat system(besides tifa quest) being a guard is the only use the hero has
« Last Edit: October 01, 2013, 04:22:48 PM by KaiSakurai »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1105 on: October 01, 2013, 04:24:47 PM »
i cant believe u coded it but forgot that u did it and now say he doesnt do anything o.O

LoL

I meant he doesn't have own report/ways to regenerate stats/setup screen and so on. I know there is a button to place him in the brothel for items transfer and he pretty much automatically defends the building if he has AP to do so.

PS: Girls keep loosing at that building cause 100+ costumers come there so if there is a brawl at the bar, lots of them participate. By the time that building is acquired in the normal gamemode, guards should be a lot stronger.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1106 on: October 01, 2013, 04:30:06 PM »
EDIT: the code works fine
AP recovered(and recovers faster than its used as i only use 1 AP per day but gain all 7 of his max AP xD)
finally this butthead is of some use again^^
until u implement actual combat system(besides tifa quest) being a guard is the only use the hero has

Right now there is a 100% chance of fight occurring during the date and for as long as there is only one girl in the team, forest fights vs midgets does work. Arena will be the first place to do meaningful battles and I'll be surprised if I don't get dogfights done tomorrow...
Like what we're doing?

Offline KaiSakurai

« Reply #1107 on: October 01, 2013, 04:50:57 PM »
Right now there is a 100% chance of fight occurring during the date and for as long as there is only one girl in the team, forest fights vs midgets does work. Arena will be the first place to do meaningful battles and I'll be surprised if I don't get dogfights done tomorrow...
forest fights work?
u mean in test forest exploration?
it doesnt for me
always get this error:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/library/screens/pyt - screens - forest explore.rpy", line 5, in script
  File "game/library/screens/pyt - screens - forest explore.rpy", line 5, in python
  File "game/library/classes - support.rpy", line 670, in python
  File "game/library/classes - support.rpy", line 759, in python
  File "game/library/be/engine.rpy", line 390, in python
  File "game/library/be/engine-battlefields.rpy", line 242, in python
TypeError: 'tuple' object does not support item assignment

btw the hero doesnt get exp for defending the brothel in a brawl
in classes - jobs.rpy for brawl events u coded:
statdict['exp'] = totaloff*0.2for the guards to get exp
but that does only work for girls
the hero doesnt get any exp like this even if he helps defending
i changed it into:
guard.exp += totaloff*0.2now both girls and hero get exp

Offline GonDra

« Reply #1108 on: October 01, 2013, 05:03:55 PM »
I think one of those guys that dissappeared shortly after beginning of the project made Haruhi. Or maybe it's yours, like Tifa, I don't remember.
Oh, and if you talking about those Naruto girls in the current dropbox version, they are not mine either.
I made Haruhi, at the very beginning of the project, my goal had just been to find out if I could implement a meetable character at that moment, I never considered it done and someone else said they would make haruhi and a few other characters from that series.
Take her out of the game if no one has time to bring her up to snuff, I certainly don't have the time.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1109 on: October 01, 2013, 05:11:46 PM »
always get this error:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

I've fixed this and contacted BE coder so he could remove the error in the future. It does work for one or two characters on the player team even in the old version...

guard.exp += totaloff*0.2now both girls and hero get exp

They all are but that's not the right way to do that.

I made Haruhi, at the very beginning of the project, my goal had just been to find out if I could implement a meetable character at that moment, I never considered it done and someone else said they would make haruhi and a few other characters from that series.
Take her out of the game if no one has time to bring her up to snuff, I certainly don't have the time.

CW wanted to put some time into that but girlsmeets are more important.
Like what we're doing?