Author Topic: General Discussion  (Read 3821226 times)

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
Re: General Discussion
« Reply #1185 on: October 21, 2013, 07:57:45 AM »
Some more screen remodeling:

Teams/Attacks still to go, maybe different frames for items...
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #1186 on: October 21, 2013, 10:15:52 AM »
We should improve equipment doll, I think. Otherwise, looks good enough for alpha and beta to me.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1187 on: October 21, 2013, 10:21:31 AM »
We should improve equipment doll, I think. Otherwise, looks good enough for alpha and beta to me.

Improve it how? Those resources are awesome btw, I've ripped some of them to use elsewhere as well, maybe more later...
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #1188 on: October 21, 2013, 10:31:47 AM »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1189 on: October 21, 2013, 10:39:32 AM »
Ah, ok... Maybe post Alpha? Hunting for resources for something like that customized for PyTFall might be tiresome.

I am going to put some time into Arena tonight, leave GUI for later. I did hero profile screen yesterday cause it was late and head was to foggy for Arena code.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #1190 on: October 21, 2013, 10:53:57 AM »
Those resources are awesome btw, I've ripped some of them to use elsewhere as well, maybe more later...
Those ones in db are just a small part. I'll rip more tomorrow (while I'm still on sick leave  :) ).

Maybe post Alpha?
Ok, maybe for beta then.

Offline Xipomus

« Reply #1191 on: October 21, 2013, 04:25:32 PM »
You could off course just use a siloute for that body type.. male or female ect. that way with a few siloutes you can be done.

Else you get the generic doll thing like in Otherworld.

btw I didn't know the internet was an infection source :D.. the whole weekend i've had a fever and today at work wasn't much better...

Good luck with coding the arena.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1192 on: October 21, 2013, 06:07:51 PM »
Finally managed to get some work done on the Arena. Automatic ladder fighting is now debugged and active. Lots of relevant code seems to be working as well. Fixed a bunch of bugs and improved lots of code. Still two methods left to debug for tomorrow evening. In any case, Arena is functioning much better and faster today than it was yesterday :)
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #1193 on: October 22, 2013, 11:05:33 AM »
I guess rudi is busy with rl these days. When are you planning to release the first alpha? Can we afford to wait for tabs?

I ripped some more resources, including backgrounds. There are characters pics, sounds and movies left, I doubt we need them, at least at this point.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1194 on: October 22, 2013, 12:10:34 PM »
I guess rudi is busy with rl these days. When are you planning to release the first alpha? Can we afford to wait for tabs?

I tried tagging software and never felt great need for tabs, basically as far as I am concerned, it's ready for tagging.

On the release date:

This is what I would like to get done before the Alpha release:

- Adapt jobs to work with new traits.
- Add virginity checks to whore job/school.
- Improve girl's profile screen, even if only slightly.
- Wrap up hero profile screen.
- Finish really basic exploration. (just two or three tile types)
- Girlsmeets.
- Interactions.
- Basic intro, prolly without MC choice for the alpha.
- Naming of player team.
- Really basic world AI. (first babysteps)
- Fix couple of things in shops.
- Maybe a couple of extra locations.
- One or two NPC's.

Arena:
What we have now:
- 3 Lineups.
- 3 Ladders (matches).
- Reputation Lineup.
- Working dogfights.
- Working Automatic combat resolver for official matches along with rewards and new placings in ladders + basic reports (daily).
- Arena "King" logic, but without NPC/some story it's quite useless at the moment.
- Some screens obviously...

What I want for the Alpha:
- Player challenge for the matches.
- Some intro, maybe with NPC
- Gold rewards
- Team formation through JSON.
- Creatures/Monsters through JSON and separate fighting events for them.

Some of it is really easy and can be done quickly, some stuff a bit more time consuming. It's hard to put timeframe on it at the moment, but my guess would be 3 - 4 weeks if I manage to put in enough time.

I ripped some more resources, including backgrounds. There are characters pics, sounds and movies left, I doubt we need them, at least at this point.

I'll take a look :)

Forget about characters for now, sounds we might use in the future. Movies are prolly useless.

Edit:
Some of that stuff is REALLY great... I'll convert those to png when I get the time, tonight I have some Arena stuff planned in.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2013, 12:21:46 PM by Xela »
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #1195 on: October 22, 2013, 01:28:13 PM »
I tried tagging software and never felt great need for tabs, basically as far as I am concerned, it's ready for tagging.
Did you try it with a couple of pics or with a pack with 1000+ pics ?  :)

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1196 on: October 22, 2013, 01:29:51 PM »
Did you try it with a couple of pics or with a pack with 1000+ pics ?  :)

Couple of pics, but it should be fine for large packs as well :)
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xipomus

« Reply #1197 on: October 22, 2013, 04:03:38 PM »
The meetscript, do you mean a meetscript like with tifa as a default script?

I can probably make up a renpy script like that one is with about 10 different endings.
If the class is something I can read, I can probalby differentiate between warrior (battle), servant (getting beat up or raped) and prostitute (getting a bj or testrun or something).

Let me know if that's something you would like... you do have to check the girls dir for a script before running this one of course...

X

On the release date:

This is what I would like to get done before the Alpha release:

- Adapt jobs to work with new traits.
- Add virginity checks to whore job/school.
- Improve girl's profile screen, even if only slightly.
- Wrap up hero profile screen.
- Finish really basic exploration. (just two or three tile types)
- Girlsmeets.
- Interactions.
- Basic intro, prolly without MC choice for the alpha.
- Naming of player team.
- Really basic world AI. (first babysteps)
- Fix couple of things in shops.
- Maybe a couple of extra locations.
- One or two NPC's.

Arena:
What we have now:
- 3 Lineups.
- 3 Ladders (matches).
- Reputation Lineup.
- Working dogfights.
- Working Automatic combat resolver for official matches along with rewards and new placings in ladders + basic reports (daily).
- Arena "King" logic, but without NPC/some story it's quite useless at the moment.
- Some screens obviously...

What I want for the Alpha:
- Player challenge for the matches.
- Some intro, maybe with NPC
- Gold rewards
- Team formation through JSON.
- Creatures/Monsters through JSON and separate fighting events for them.

Some of it is really easy and can be done quickly, some stuff a bit more time consuming. It's hard to put timeframe on it at the moment, but my guess would be 3 - 4 weeks if I manage to put in enough time.

I'll take a look :)

Forget about characters for now, sounds we might use in the future. Movies are prolly useless.

Edit:
Some of that stuff is REALLY great... I'll convert those to png when I get the time, tonight I have some Arena stuff planned in.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1198 on: October 22, 2013, 04:12:22 PM »
The meetscript, do you mean a meetscript like with tifa as a default script?

I can probably make up a renpy script like that one is with about 10 different endings.
If the class is something I can read, I can probalby differentiate between warrior (battle), servant (getting beat up or raped) and prostitute (getting a bj or testrun or something).

Let me know if that's something you would like... you do have to check the girls dir for a script before running this one of course...

X

It's not what I've meant, but extra content is always welcome :)

What I did mean however by GirlsMeets is what CW is working or at least trying to work on at the moment. Basically, it's like in SimBro 1x, player goes to town, meets a girl (they are placed randomly in multiple locations) and talks to her attempting to raise disposition. After disposition is high enough, girl can be recruited (usually free of charge). It's one of the best ways to acquire free (not enslaved) girls in PyTFall at the moment. Code for girlsmeets is ready but there is almost no content.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xipomus

« Reply #1199 on: October 22, 2013, 04:22:49 PM »
So if I understand correctly you need text written and do things that can change the dispositition. Like the girls in the park you now meet all the time till you have them all.

Like giving a certain gift (after finding out what the girl likes) can raise it a bit.. or just asking about her can raise it 1 time?

Do you have an idea if you want a "standard" set of rules or several type  of girls.. some shy (like more shy things, books, small items) some in between (maybe some nice clothes nothing rancy or small jewerly and some outgoing of even horny (hot clothes or naughty items)

Just an idea. Maybe base it on class? that way you can have the girls react a bit differently... else you have to program every girl indivudually... which would take a looooot of time.