devolution

Author Topic: General Discussion  (Read 3821181 times)

Offline Xipomus

Re: General Discussion
« Reply #1245 on: October 27, 2013, 07:53:58 AM »
Every 7 days.. k will try that again.

The transfer screen does not have the player.. so you can't transfer things from your inventory to the girls.
A button at the girl screen to just to transfer would indeed help, if the player was in that screen.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
« Reply #1246 on: October 27, 2013, 08:00:48 AM »
Every 7 days.. k will try that again.

The transfer screen does not have the player.. so you can't transfer things from your inventory to the girls.
A button at the girl screen to just to transfer would indeed help, if the player was in that screen.

As I've said, you need to place player in the same brothel as the girl, there is a button in every brothel that does that.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xipomus

« Reply #1247 on: October 27, 2013, 08:13:47 AM »
Soz. Misread that one.

Did some more testing. Saw a line in the classes - jobs.rpy that problably is a typo.
This line
self.txt += "Sex goddes statue in your brothel influences the minds of your costumers to pay something extra for your girls services. /n"

Should probably be
self.txt += "Sex goddess statue in your brothel influences the minds of your costumers to pay something extra for your girls services. \n"

Didn't change anything else. I just noticed it when testing till day 7.
I'll put the updated file in the dropbox folder under my nick.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1248 on: October 27, 2013, 09:59:28 AM »
Soz. Misread that one.

Did some more testing. Saw a line in the classes - jobs.rpy that problably is a typo.
This line
Should probably be
Didn't change anything else. I just noticed it when testing till day 7.
I'll put the updated file in the dropbox folder under my nick.

Nice catch, I'll have to revisit jobs before the Alpha anyway :)
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xipomus

« Reply #1249 on: October 27, 2013, 12:50:35 PM »
Xela,

Got a question/suggestion for you.
I've been looking at the shopping button in the girlinteraction screen.
The way I see it, almost all the code is already in the normal shopping screen.

We could limit it to the tailor or all shop.
And make a change to the store so that the code isn't double.

focus = false
        pytfall.tailor_store.inventory.filter = 'body'
        chr = hero
        chr.inventory.set_page_size(18)

That part in the pyt_screen_tailor shop, defines the hero. So if we define a global variable we check for, we would skip the chr=hero. So it stays the girl you are taking shoping.

We can use the variable to mod the girls stats after buying something too, with a description / picture as a thank you.
That part we can always conclude after the item has been bought.

Let me know what you think. If you don't like it, do you mind if I borrow that screen to build something for the girls to shop?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1250 on: October 27, 2013, 01:06:14 PM »
Xela,

Got a question/suggestion for you.
I've been looking at the shopping button in the girlinteraction screen.
The way I see it, almost all the code is already in the normal shopping screen.

We could limit it to the tailor or all shop.
And make a change to the store so that the code isn't double.

That part in the pyt_screen_tailor shop, defines the hero. So if we define a global variable we check for, we would skip the chr=hero. So it stays the girl you are taking shoping.

We can use the variable to mod the girls stats after buying something too, with a description / picture as a thank you.
That part we can always conclude after the item has been bought.

Let me know what you think. If you don't like it, do you mind if I borrow that screen to build something for the girls to shop?

Plan was to wrap shop control in a class, I don't really like the code as it is now (it's quite old). When wrapped, we'll introduce "girl_shopping" mode that will award disposition based on purchases. If you want to work on that now, be my guest, I'll include it in the wrapper as well.

=====================================
Main matches work in the Arena, that basically concludes the main code. From here on out it's just adding stuff and making it interesting :)

I'll see if I can enable json team build-up and mobs tonight as well.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xipomus

« Reply #1251 on: October 27, 2013, 02:18:39 PM »
Main matches work in the Arena, that basically concludes the main code. From here on out it's just adding stuff and making it interesting

Congrats on finishing the arena main code.

I'll borrow the current shop code to build the rewards and such for the girls already. When the wrapper is ready we can replace the code with the wrappen. I'll add comments around it.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1252 on: October 27, 2013, 05:34:36 PM »
Didn't get the jsons done today, to tired to continue...

I've uploaded my version to DB, dogfights are still bypassing checks and screen hides cause noone would accept challenge from overbuffed MC otherwise, main matches and updates should work but I didn't test them to thoroughly. MC screen has been improved, many small things as well.

If I manage some time to work on the game tomorrow, I'll do jsons and try to balance Arena out so dogfights checks will work and lower MC's stats. Also plan is to add relative combat strength to the screens.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #1253 on: October 28, 2013, 10:14:14 AM »
Minor fixes in 3 previous packs, Naruto and One Piece packs tagged.
Btw, if profile/ent picture has date tag, it doesn't mean that it can be used for a date only. It means that it can be used for a date as well as usual profile/ent.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1254 on: October 28, 2013, 11:41:57 AM »
Minor fixes in 3 previous packs, Naruto and One Piece packs tagged.
Btw, if profile/ent picture has date tag, it doesn't mean that it can be used for a date only. It means that it can be used for a date as well as usual profile/ent.

Noted, we should put all of these stuff somewhere so we can form some basic guidelines in the future...
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #1255 on: October 28, 2013, 11:55:49 AM »
Nah, after 1.0 maybe. Some kind of wiki perhaps, like that one for slavemaker.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1256 on: October 28, 2013, 12:24:37 PM »
Right... guess I was more tired that I originally though (yesterday), there couple of really important things I forgot to code in for player matches, gonna do it right now...
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1257 on: October 28, 2013, 05:12:54 PM »
Oki, managed to sort out and improve a lot of code in the Arena... still not there yet I am afraid, it's working but not everything sorts and behaves like I expected it to (I found that out after a bit of testing). I've updated the code in DB again (Ladder placement is now updated properly, some alignment issues solved, initial challenges for the official matches are now drawn only from lineups, not the whole pool of arena combatants and teams (didn't make any sense otherwise), some code improvements here and there, empty space in a lineup after a fight can no longer be "challenged" and lead to stupid errors + some other minor stuff).

Tomorrow I need to finish some minor sorting issues and than I can start with making Arena interesting (adding jsons for team formation, mobs, npcs, intro with some characters and so on) :)

For testing:

Lineups are supposed to work like this:

If a team/fighter wins in any of the official matches, he/she/team goes up one position in a lineup, loser goes down one position *(regardless of their previous positions, if winner is not in the lineups, last place in the lineup looses it's position and winner gets it).

Remember that fights take place automatically so you could in theory be knocked out of a lineup if you avoid fighting for to long. Right now winning has effect only on arena reputation but I am planning to add normal reputation and fame as well. Also plan is to give a chance of reputation increasing just for being in any of the lineups.

Player cannot have two official fights on the same day (not even a 1v1 fights and a team fight) but if AP allows, any amount of dog fighting is permitted.

Right now player is allowed to issue challenges in official matches even without being in the top 100 (for testing purposes).

Official matches do not have battle stats restrictions (opfor will not refuse a fight based on player being to strong). That's by design (not for testing).

----------------------
Done for tonight I guess...
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1258 on: October 29, 2013, 04:40:17 PM »
Didn't have much time today, only managed to get fighter characters to load from json into arena. I'll prolly have to skip tomorrow so next update will be the day after at best.
Like what we're doing?

Offline CherryWood

« Reply #1259 on: October 29, 2013, 06:32:40 PM »
This week, I did not get much closer to finishing girlmeet texts (in a reasonable quality) again, sorry!  :( ...not sure what to do now (as I promised to not waste any more of your time), should I try to build something with placeholders and add these later?

This is my current testing code (do not pay attentions to texts and disposition values, they're just random):
Code: [Select]
init:
    $ girlmeet_all_action_count = 0
    $ compliment_cute_count = 0
    $ compliment_cute_repeat_s = 0
    $ compliment_cute_repeat_f = 0
    $ compliment_cute_s = 0
    $ compliment_cute_f = 0
    $ girlmeet_dice = 0
    $ girlmeet_disp_multiplicator = 1

label gm_interact_cute:             #just one of the labels with only few traits

if compliment_cute_count > 1:
        $ compliment_cute_repeat_f = 1
        $chr.disposition -= random.randint(10, 25)

elif compliment_cute_count > 0:             #check if you do same thing more then once in one session
        if chr.disposition > 300:
            $ girlmeet_dice = 40
        elif chr.disposition > 9:
            $ girlmeet_dice = 30
        else:
            $ girlmeet_dice = 20

if dice(girlmeet_dice):
            $ compliment_cute_repeat_s = 1
            $chr.disposition += random.randint(5, 15)
        else:
            $ compliment_cute_repeat_f = 1
            $chr.disposition -= random.randint(10, 15)

else:                                                          #main part
        if chr.disposition > 300:
            $ girlmeet_dice = 90                            #chance to succes
            $ girlmeet_disp_multiplicator = 0.4        #compliment is worth less as relationship advances
        elif chr.disposition > 9:
            $ girlmeet_dice = 75
        else:
            $ girlmeet_dice = 40
            $ girlmeet_disp_multiplicator = 1.2

if dice(girlmeet_dice):
            $ compliment_cute_s = 1                                    #type of text to show
            $chr.disposition += (random.randint(10, 20)*(girlmeet_disp_multiplicator))
        else:
            $ compliment_cute_f = 1
            $chr.disposition -= (random.randint(5, 15)*(girlmeet_disp_multiplicator))

if compliment_cute_repeat_s == 1:                                   #display of text
        $ compliment_cute_repeat_s = 0
        if "Impersonal" in  chr.traits:
            $chr_gm(random.choice(["Mhm... praised again... (impersonal RS)"]))
        elif "Well-mannered" in  chr.traits:
            $chr_gm(random.choice(["Thank you again.(polite RS)"]))
        else:
            $chr_gm(random.choice(["So much praise...(normal RS)"]))

elif compliment_cute_repeat_f == 1:
        $ compliment_cute_repeat_f = 0
            $chr_gm(random.choice(["Not again. (impersonal RF)"]))
            $chr_gm(random.choice(["Sir, you are repeating yourself. (polite RF)"]))
        else:
            $chr_gm(random.choice(["I've heard that from you already. (normal RF)"]))

elif compliment_cute_s == 1:
        $ compliment_cute_s = 0
            $chr_gm(random.choice(["…ok ((impersonal S)"]))
            $chr_gm(random.choice(["Thank you, I'm very pleased. (polite S)"]))
        else:
            $chr_gm(random.choice(["Thank you. (normal S) "]))

else:
            $chr_gm(random.choice(["Bigmouth. (impersonal F)"]))
            $chr_gm(random.choice(["Please, don't bother me... (polite F)"]))
        else:
            $chr_gm(random.choice(["I've heard it all. (normal F)"]))   

$ compliment_cute_count += 1
    $ girlmeet_all_action_count += 1
    if girlmeet_all_action_count > 2:
        jump gm_end
    else:
        jump girlsmeet

label gm_end:         #end after three actions (need to be done differently)
    $ girlmeet_all_action_count = 0
    $ compliment_cute_count = 0

$narrator(random.choice(["After awhile together, it comes time to say goodbye.", "You parted ways after another short while together."]))

hide screen pyt_girlsmeet
    hide screen pyt_city_parkgates
    hide screen pyt_city_park

jump pyt_city
do you see any obvious errors or something that's very different from what you wanted it to be?
It's like my third bit of code I ever made and I know only very little besides "if" function so it looks how it looks  :D . But it do all I wanted for basic version for standard label (only chat will be different because I wanted to use lists here).
---------------
I will surely need help with:
- giving gifts
- making a proper end to the girlmeets (so you can't speak with her again that day + use of ap)
(I did not learn how to make screens and girl specific flags yet, which is also where I'm stuck with beachdate)
---------------
To sum the problem I have with texts:
I figured that displaying one line of text with response from a girl after clicking a button (like "Kya! He- hey, Let go of me... " which is the format of almost all lines I ripped) looks really stupid in game. Something like "<Hugs you back with a smile> {p=0.6}  Heheh ♪ Let's stay like this just a bit more. ♪ " or "<You begin to fondle her> {p=0.6}Do you... like my breasts...that much? " (some description+response) just look ten times better.
I tried to come up with something universal to display every time (like <your compliment was not well recieved>) and experienced with formating a little (sizes, colors... btw. I'm trying to put all into one panel,  it was too much clicking when I used two) but nothing I came up with looked decent for all texts I wanted to use.
So I ended trying to rewrite every single line and that takes me ages, as I'm not very good at writing.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2013, 04:16:29 AM by CherryWood »