devolution

Author Topic: General Discussion  (Read 3821263 times)

Offline DarkTl

Re: General Discussion
« Reply #1350 on: November 19, 2013, 10:57:19 AM »
Btw, I'm going to use "portrait" field for mobs as well. Make sure it at least won't crash the game  :)

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
« Reply #1351 on: November 20, 2013, 04:24:08 AM »
Btw, I'm going to use "portrait" field for mobs as well. Make sure it at least won't crash the game  :)

Oki, I'll make sure that it doesn't.

There is some turbulence in rl on my side right now so I don't have a lot of time for the project. Things should calm down in a week or so, maybe sooner, I am planning to focus on development after that and try to release Alpha before X-Mass.

@CW: Can you throw whatever you have for girlsmeets in the DB folder (loose texts collection included (like you old xml file))?
Like what we're doing?

Offline CherryWood

« Reply #1352 on: November 20, 2013, 10:06:08 AM »
Ok, it's on DB. 
But there's not much useful. It really turned out that I don't have any talent for this.  :( 

After spending some time with it, I think that making girlmeets in simple simbro1x style wasn't the best bet. It doesn't look visually appealing when using standard renpy VN textbox and as from gameplay standpoint, it's not much interesting either (adding more texts doesn't help).  But I'm still not really sure how to do it differently...
« Last Edit: November 20, 2013, 08:11:34 PM by CherryWood »

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #1353 on: November 20, 2013, 01:18:46 PM »
There is some turbulence in rl on my side right now
Same here, I have a new job, so things a bit unsettled right now. But it's still that kind of job where I will be able to spend at least a couple of hours per day on the project.

I've made first 50 mobs, you can find json in my db\mobs folder, and all sprites for them in my db\mobs\mobs folder.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2013, 01:20:20 PM by DarkTl »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1354 on: November 21, 2013, 03:42:03 AM »
Ok, it's on DB. 
But there's not much useful. It really turned out that I don't have any talent for this.  :( 

After spending some time with it, I think that making girlmeets in simple simbro1x style wasn't the best bet. It doesn't look visually appealing when using standard renpy VN textbox and as from gameplay standpoint, it's not much interesting either (adding more texts doesn't help).  But I'm still not really sure how to do it differently...

I don't know... I think it's very good for the Alpha, keep working on it. You don't have to try and make everything perfect, just some base texts for all categories you can handle.

Once we improve window design, it'll be even better, maybe later in development we'll change the way girlsmeets are presented to a player but for now it's all good.

I've made first 50 mobs, you can find json in my db\mobs folder, and all sprites for them in my db\mobs\mobs folder.

I had to delete two lines of code in the screen cause mobs past 10 were cut off but everything is working great otherwise :)
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #1355 on: November 21, 2013, 09:30:44 AM »
Added some more mobs, it should be enough for alpha.

Offline Xipomus

« Reply #1356 on: November 21, 2013, 04:31:02 PM »
Hey guys,

I'm busy with build the responses to the shop and I have this weird error when I try to reload the game from somewhere in the game. Same if I try to load a game from the menu...

If I start a new game and then load.. I don't have the issue... can't figure it out. Am I missing something?

The error is in the screenshot folder of my Dropbox folder and says something about the StoreModule has no attibute rights to create_arena_girls.

If you could take a look, it would save a lot of time if I can just reload a change... instead of quiting to the menu... reloading, starting a new game again ect.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1357 on: November 22, 2013, 03:43:24 AM »
Hey guys,

I'm busy with build the responses to the shop and I have this weird error when I try to reload the game from somewhere in the game. Same if I try to load a game from the menu...

If I start a new game and then load.. I don't have the issue... can't figure it out. Am I missing something?

The error is in the screenshot folder of my Dropbox folder and says something about the StoreModule has no attibute rights to create_arena_girls.

If you could take a look, it would save a lot of time if I can just reload a change... instead of quiting to the menu... reloading, starting a new game again ect.

Why do you need saving? If this bugs you, move create arena girls function definition to init from label start. Otherwise I'll do it in the weekends update myself.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xipomus

« Reply #1358 on: November 22, 2013, 02:03:44 PM »
Because I have all the girls in different categories so I can test the conversation on the different occupations for slave and free. So makes it a lot easier to test changes quickly.

And reload does this automaticaly I have no influence on that... will have  look with more the create arena girls function.

Thx

-----

Put it in the common.rpy about the exit label. It seems to work out. I can change something and press Shift+R to reload and test the modifications.. it speeds the process up a lot.

Dunno how much I can get done this weekend. Lots to do IRL. Got a basic setup for the Prostitution class, but needs a lot of polishing but it works now. I hope to get it at least polished Sunday evening, so I can upload it for your comments.

Ciao
« Last Edit: November 22, 2013, 03:42:41 PM by Xipomus »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1359 on: November 27, 2013, 03:59:05 PM »
Oki, I am still busy with RL but fairly confident in some free time this weekend. I am updating SF version right now (code there is almost three month old) as there is someone who's interested in the project and might be willing to lend a hand. We'll see how it'll turn out.

In any case, I am not going to be around until Friday evening :(
Like what we're doing?

Offline longint

« Reply #1360 on: December 02, 2013, 04:43:24 PM »
Hello, everyone!

I think its me, that Xela mentioned above. I'm interested in project, its in python and its alive  ;) .
Now I'm spending some time on my evenings trying to get familiar with renpy and pytfall.

Made popups on girls listing buttons.
Seems to work, but, on other hand, its better to make it like in WM: rows with all info for decision making and small profile image for beauty.
This won't help for alpha release  :( , but this way I become more familiar with project.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1361 on: December 03, 2013, 09:18:13 AM »
You're welcome to remake them in WM style if you like, might even work out better. I am revisiting jobs code and trying to think of way to add tags to it without having to rewrite the whole thing or making a mess :)
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #1362 on: December 04, 2013, 02:45:30 AM »
Good to know that the project is still alive  :)
I resume packs creation, although without tags, since we may end up with another tag system close to the release.

Offline rudistoned

« Reply #1363 on: December 04, 2013, 06:16:54 AM »
we may end up with another tag system close to the release.
Any serious problems with the current system? I know I've not updated the tagger in a while, but I've been quite busy with Pytherworld and the problems you brought to my attention were no showstoppers as far as I could tell.
Is there somewhere I can read about the new system?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #1364 on: December 04, 2013, 06:35:28 AM »
Nah, Xela mentioned that we might use another set of tags eventually. Even if the changes will be minor, it still means retagging for each tagged pack.

Besides, we won't have bdsm pics tagged properly until slave training system (= beta most likely). So I will have to rework and reupload tagged packs in the future at least once anyway.

Btw, an option to delete any unknown tags, either automatically during tagging for the current picture or for the whole folder
by pressing a button, will be very useful for retagging.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2013, 06:46:06 AM by DarkTl »