Author Topic: General Discussion  (Read 3821602 times)

Offline CherryWood

Re: General Discussion
« Reply #1365 on: December 04, 2013, 09:11:47 AM »
I'm still hoping for that delete current image button. That would be a great help.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2013, 09:43:26 AM by CherryWood »

Offline rudistoned

« Reply #1366 on: December 04, 2013, 09:58:21 AM »
Btw, an option to delete any unknown tags, either automatically during tagging for the current picture or for the whole folder by pressing a button, will be very useful for retagging.
If you want to get rid of all unknown tags, IMHO the best option is to write a very simple script that uses the functions in the tags package to delete all unknown tags from all images in a directory tree. That's how I've done it in the past. It's also a good option for retagging. All 1:1 and n:1 changes can be done automatically because it is clear which tag should be replaced by which. Only changes were one tag should be replaced by several tags and new tags that should be added require manual retagging.
Of course, using the tags package directly requires a Python installation and the XMP library. To avoid that, I should probably add an option to Image Tagger that lets you run custom scripts like that from the tagger.

I'm still hoping for that delete current image button.
I'll see what I can do. As I said earlier, the problem is not the feature itself, which can be written very quickly, but packaging and uploading the application. I have ideas that can greatly accelerate this process, but they take time to implement too. I'll try to fit this in sometime soon.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
« Reply #1367 on: December 04, 2013, 11:40:01 AM »
I've ran into a couple of major bugs when refreshing my memory on how jobs work. While fixing a few, a number of bugs issues remain, one of the bugs is a saving bug which I understand and will attempt to fix tonight.

Rudi is right and we'll kill faulty tags with code, New tags will be required only with the slave training I expect. I have developed an approach that might work with combining new tags and current jobs code the way I intended it to work (two ways actually) without having to rewrite the whole thing (which I intend to do post Alpha).

In any case, I'll let you know when there is some real progress...
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #1368 on: December 05, 2013, 10:12:45 AM »
Btw, looks like I cannot get access to gelbooru at home without anonimox addon for firefox (not at work though). And I heard that danbooru has been banned in Russia recently (although I never had any problems with it, at least yet).
Perhaps in the future we'll have to rely on pack makers from other countries.

Offline CherryWood

« Reply #1369 on: December 06, 2013, 04:13:57 AM »
What they could possibly gain from blocking boorus? Weird... I'm not using these two sites at all, but still...

----------
I'm at the end of what I can do for the girlmeets at this moment. There's a few things missing and a would like to have more lines here and there, but I couldn't think of anything good anymore so I'm stopping here. (We could really use someone who likes to write...)
Things I wasn't able to do:
- girlmeet doesn't have an end / ap limit to actions. (I removed the ending label)
- giving gifts

- when using   if hero.take_money(100):  it returns false when you have exactly 100g

I uploaded the files to DB - do anything you want with it
« Last Edit: December 06, 2013, 04:40:53 AM by CherryWood »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1370 on: December 06, 2013, 04:50:59 AM »
Don't try to understand what Russians do...

I'll take a look at new girlmeets code when I get a chance. Otherwise I still can't find enough time to really focus on the project, but I did manage to fix the quick save.load buttons on the top strip :)
Like what we're doing?

Offline CherryWood

« Reply #1371 on: December 06, 2013, 06:27:11 AM »
I made recruiting girls in a simbro1x way - they only join you if you raise their disposition enough. But it's really weird to have every free girl that's working in your brothel to like you. There really should be two type of girls, the ones those are not opposed to work like this or are actually looking for a job (they could appear in some sort of place that would serve as a "working agency" (that will charge additional hiring money)) and those "pure" ones that you really have to persuade into it (like it's now).

Also, It could be nice to have some sort of competition in the game that will actually hire those free girls from the pool. That could add some emotions to the gameplay, if they woo the girl you also wanted  :) (or maybe even your unhappy girls.)

But unfortunately, I also don't have much time... :(
« Last Edit: December 06, 2013, 07:19:35 AM by CherryWood »

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #1372 on: December 06, 2013, 09:43:12 AM »
I guess we could use occupation for such things. Whores obviously are less opposed to it, while warriors and healers would think twice before working in a brothel, even if not as a whore.

As for competition, I think we shouldn't use competing brothels only, like in wm. I mean, it's pretty old idea already.
Instead we could create random jobs for "free" girls in different places around the city. Maybe you even have to offer better working conditions for working girls if you want them, unless they have maxed disposition.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2013, 09:45:00 AM by DarkTl »

Offline longint

« Reply #1373 on: December 06, 2013, 03:27:54 PM »
DarkTI is right, and you can see it in other games already (every one adds something new, like hospitals and cinema studios). It gets boring with only brothel management, cause you doing all the same stuff over and over again, only with different girl packs.
I though of game world where you have live economics (simulation of it) with different resources and market, with countries and cities. It can be not like Skyrim, but like Pharaon and Cleopatra or Zeus, where you only see them on map, and cities are only buttons with text info (not very hard to implement visually). And you can trade with them, fight etc. :)
Xela's one of main features, on my opinion, is arena. Its good, cause, as I said before, its boring, if its only girl/brothel management.

NB: to think of tags. I had idea, will it be interesting to set tags depending on which directory it is? Example: we have root directory that contains all of images, and they placed in folders that named as tags, like root/girl_name/waitress/offended_by_visitor or root/girl_name/sex/bj. It can make setting tags to groups of images and adding new images much faster. Of course, it just an idea.

Offline Uriel

« Reply #1374 on: December 06, 2013, 06:29:29 PM »
Don't try to understand what Russians do...
That pretty much sums it up.  :D   Thanks for the third party opinion on this.
BTW, boorus still work fine for me.

Offline CherryWood

« Reply #1375 on: December 07, 2013, 03:44:45 AM »
NB: to think of tags. I had idea, will it be interesting to set tags depending on which directory it is? Example: we have root directory that contains all of images, and they placed in folders that named as tags, like root/girl_name/waitress/offended_by_visitor or root/girl_name/sex/bj. It can make setting tags to groups of images and adding new images much faster. Of course, it just an idea.
This is the way I used (and probably everyone else) when creating old filename based packs, to sort them in different folders first and then rename. And it took quite a while to make all those folders and sort downloaded images in. I don't really miss that now, when we can just tag everything like it is within one folder, one by one. I admit that it can get a little confusing when removing/adding images, but Xela made a gallery for sorting images by tags, that can be used to look for mistagged ones.
So even in the case we could have the ability to add tags for every image in one folder, I don't think it will be worth it to do it like that. Maybe for converting WM packs, but I'm not really a fan of that. Also, with tags like locations or expressions that differs on every image, it's hard for me to imagine any real time saving of that.
Jump to number, delete image and remove tags functions for the tagging software would be the most valuable additions now, In my option.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1376 on: December 07, 2013, 08:11:09 AM »
Folders are not likely to work well for tagging, we simply have to many and they're to different.

AS for other jobs/places, it's exactly where I wanted to take the game, as well as allowing different paths for better gameplay. I mean, at this point all we basically have is cold and technical code without any real gameplay. Improving/creating gameplay is next on the list... when I have more time for this :)
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xipomus

« Reply #1377 on: December 07, 2013, 08:18:48 AM »
Argl. Still way too busy.
I´ve uploaded my girlinteractions.. with a setup for responding to buying something for the girl.
Only the prostitute is there now.

Will add the rest and finish the prostitute class when i have a bit more time and mostly mental energy left.

It´s on my dropbox folder. Comments are off course welcome.

Have good weekend all.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1378 on: December 07, 2013, 09:15:59 AM »
Kewl, I'll take a look and update Repos when I get the chance. Prolly not for a couple of days though :(
Like what we're doing?

Offline CherryWood

« Reply #1379 on: December 07, 2013, 09:36:51 AM »
for interactions: earlier I started creating beach date, but I don't feel like working on it right now. Same for combat graphic.
I will update my packs instead (still untagged).

@Xela: You mentioned adding some NPCs. If you are not too busy, may I ask you more about what you had in mind?