Author Topic: General Discussion  (Read 3821277 times)

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
Re: General Discussion
« Reply #1425 on: January 12, 2014, 06:19:14 AM »
Another SF update:

- School updated to new codestyle

All stat updates are properly displayed and applied now. Pics are being displayed properly (with new tag system). Scales better... Damn that code was OLD... I almost forgot for how long we've been working in this :)
Like what we're doing?

Offline CherryWood

« Reply #1426 on: January 12, 2014, 08:32:23 AM »
After getting this update, I tried sending girls on few courses but...
------
There are courses in the school list with 0 or less (like -2) days left.
They're normally attendable, but they never ends,  just deducting numbers forever (I get to -65 days left course)They probably appear like that, because courses with positive numbers ends normally.

------
There is no message besides disposition -50 in report when girl refuses to attend course. (Or at least I think that's the reason - hard to tell, but she is removed from the course when this happens)
-----
In a report about your girl attending a course, it announces girl stats like "Service 2" but in profile, she still have 0/94 after it.
------
Etiquete, dance and beauty pics are displaying fine, but
in combat course, there is no battle pic, just normal profile
in service course, there are ok waitress, cleaning and cooking (cooking looks good there) pics displayed, but also Strip+maid pics, that doesn't belong there.

------

And also funny >>>I missed something!<<< dev notes in whore job report :D

« Last Edit: January 12, 2014, 08:37:54 AM by CherryWood »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1427 on: January 12, 2014, 08:54:11 AM »
Should all be fixed as well (with new bug fix).

"I missed something" being an exception (some stats are being pushed below 0, I never intended that to happen). Do you think it's weird that some stats are being pushed below 0 by traits and items?
Like what we're doing?

Offline CherryWood

« Reply #1428 on: January 12, 2014, 09:59:26 AM »
I don't think so, but I'm not experienced enough to think about what it actually mean for coding.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1429 on: January 12, 2014, 10:25:00 AM »
I don't think so, but I'm not experienced enough to think about what it actually mean for coding.

Well, doesn't mean much for coding, I'll need to adjust some wage methods and remove that message, as long as it's not to weird for gameplay.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #1430 on: January 12, 2014, 12:02:09 PM »
Iirc, in D&D if you managed to drop any of your stats to 0 (and that's not simple at all), you will die. We might use the same system eventually.
Or maybe throw up some major negative effect instead. Maybe a separate effect for each stat, like atrophy for constitution.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1431 on: January 12, 2014, 01:29:19 PM »
Iirc, in D&D if you managed to drop any of your stats to 0 (and that's not simple at all), you will die. We might use the same system eventually.
Or maybe throw up some major negative effect instead. Maybe a separate effect for each stat, like atrophy for constitution.

Trouble is that some items and traits are pushing stats below 0 under very normal circumstances because they can also have effect on minimum of every stat.

If I just bluntly not allow then to do so, then every trait or an item on removal (that pushed below 0) will provide more stats than it deducted as a penalty. That can be prevented but I would have to introduce YET another dict to stats and code their already looks absurd due to all precautions we taken (original WM has a flawed design in this department btw)...

So: Before the Alpha, we choose between:

- Blunt force and small exploit in gameplay.
- Allow stats to drop below 0.

Post Alpha I might make the system "perfect" if there is real demand for it.

EDIT:
Simplest solution is to simple block ALL changes to minimum of ANY stat. I am not entirely sure that modding minimum is a good idea for any game...
« Last Edit: January 12, 2014, 01:31:08 PM by Xela »
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1432 on: January 12, 2014, 04:43:31 PM »
Ok, so the last commit and push for today:

- Fixed some bugs
- Started (barely) to update girls sorting methods. They were rushed and not very well thought through (since we didn't know the shape of the Alpha we'll be releasing)
- Stats display on next day are now colorcoded (lawngreen for increases and red for decreases)
- Girls personal report is more useful now as it displays total changes to all stats that took place over the day. That means ALL stat changes from jobs, school, interactions, combat, girlsmeets and so on. Items are not included.

Also encountered some insane error that crashed the game without any error reports or tracebacks (on "compile"). I don't understand why the error occurs, prolly some Python thing I've never heard of or Ren'Py bug. Took me a while to get to the trace :(
Figured it out...

PS: Don't let sometimes scary drops in disposition when girls are getting payed less than they expect, that code is also outdated and new changes we've introduced since are messing with it. I'll take care of that after sorting is finished.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2014, 05:10:12 PM by Xela »
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #1433 on: January 13, 2014, 01:12:52 AM »
Well, I believe we should allow stats to drop below 0 then. Let's assume that 0 is average value, like neither beautiful nor ugly for charisma.

Respectively, negative values mean ugly, with corresponding consequences for client-oriented jobs for low enough values.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1434 on: January 13, 2014, 04:51:30 PM »
====
I'll be really busy this week, so the next update will have to wait until the weekend. I'll try to work on proper loading of characters into the game whenever I can before the weekend as well and I'll still check in with the forums.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Dekhyper

« Reply #1435 on: January 13, 2014, 08:30:00 PM »
damn this is annoying. I am very busy, shoulda just stuck to lurking.

Offline bondrus

« Reply #1436 on: January 14, 2014, 02:40:01 AM »
Hi. Want to help with this game, but im didnt know Pyton, so i need to ask, is it easy to get in (i have some knoweledge in specific prog. lang.) and if it is, what i need to download exept Renpy to change code and test it?
And would be nice to see some "todo least" to get something to work on, that noone else do in (at least) this month.

So if someone can explain it to me, i can do something to help this game in my free time. :)
« Last Edit: January 14, 2014, 12:10:03 PM by bondrus »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1437 on: January 14, 2014, 02:39:31 PM »
Hi. Want to help with this game, but im didnt know Pyton, so i need to ask, is it easy to get in (i have some knoweledge in specific prog. lang.) and if it is, what i need to download exept Renpy to change code and test it?
And would be nice to see some "todo least" to get something to work on, that noone else do in (at least) this month.

So if someone can explain it to me, i can do something to help this game in my free time. :)

Hi.

You just need the Ren'Py, it comes with a number of text (code) editors or you can use whatever you're used to. I do not have a TODO list, but my basic approach to whomever wants to contribute is to check the game and find whatever they would like to advance/improve or simply work upon.
Like what we're doing?

Offline bondrus

« Reply #1438 on: January 14, 2014, 11:51:53 PM »
So, for example, if i see some action(button) without result in game - that mean its need to be done?

Then i try to do something. :)

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1439 on: January 15, 2014, 04:09:34 AM »
So, for example, if i see some action(button) without result in game - that mean its need to be done?

Then i try to do something. :)

I don't recall that we have any of that but see what you can find :)

@ Dark/CW

I've updated the TODO list, tell me if I forgot something?
« Last Edit: January 15, 2014, 06:43:03 AM by Xela »
Like what we're doing?