Author Topic: General Discussion  (Read 3821748 times)

Offline DarkTl

Re: General Discussion
« Reply #1530 on: January 29, 2014, 01:05:41 PM »
I was thinking more along the lines of Rukia having "charm" skill with the masturbation animation I once left instead of a brothel pic :)
That's unusual concept. Iirc, in the source she prefers that zanpakuto thing that actively uses ice element  :D

Do we actually need so many?
That's still nothing compared to wm. I only have about 4 GB of packs on my Mega account, while the first torrent with wm I downloaded about 3.5 years ago containing most (but not all) of existing packs was about 12 GB. Both are archived, of course.

Please read my two previous posts.
Can't help but recall that story with one girl/one guy tags  ::)

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
« Reply #1531 on: January 29, 2014, 01:13:17 PM »
I was wondering if I can:
1. create a girl with her location=city in data.xml so she will appear in girlsmeet
2. right away, or after some condition (like disposition>200) jump to a custom label instead of gm menu
3. in custom label change her location to something made up (location=in_quest_02) so she will not appear anywhere until it's changed again

Manually, that would be easy... gamewide, might be a lot trickier. Gamewide, it can either be done by an event system or by jumps to custom labels. I think we can do a very simple solution for now, I'll write a function that will jump to a girl_id label if you pick that girl in girlmeets AND girls location is set to "girlmeets-quest". Game will send all girls with the girlmeets-quest location to girlsmeets as well. Than, game will jump to girl_id label (label Hinata:) for example, from there you will own the flow of the game and do whatever you like. A system like that will be very easy to add to an event manager when we actually have one. How will you get disposition to 200 if you cannot interact? Better option would be to check hero's stats like charisma.

I'm done with allowing more than one data.xml file, I should prolly do the same for traits and items as well. I'll see what I can do about the girlmeets afterwards.

===============================
That's still nothing compared to wm. I only have about 4 GB of packs on my Mega account, while the first torrent with wm I downloaded about 3.5 years ago containing most (but not all) of existing packs was about 12 GB. Both are archived, of course.

May I suggest that you download the vanilla version and see what packs dev team put in? There is other stuff to do, but we still have time before the Alpha as well I guess...

Can't help but recall that story with one girl/one guy tags  ::)

You say it like tags we use now is the final version...? Game is in development... but skills are a poor example, even if we change the concept, only one or two words would have to be added to skills themselves, girls/mobs/items/monsters files will take the beating.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #1532 on: January 29, 2014, 01:29:51 PM »
May I suggest that you download the vanilla version and see what packs dev team put in? There is other stuff to do, but we still have time before the Alpha as well I guess...
Are you casual?  :D
Actually, indeed it's not like I have something else to do before the alpha. Traits, items, mobs are done on my part, I only forgot to add new effects to traits xml, but I'll do it at this weekend.

Also, some of vanilla packs iirc contained like 1-3 shitty pics per catagory. I can do the same. Will I? No.

but skills are a poor example, even if we change the concept, only one or two words would have to be added to skills themselves, girls/mobs/items/monsters files will take the beating.
And if we'll use another BE? Like Eliont will make his BE perfect, and you only will need to grab it?
« Last Edit: January 29, 2014, 01:36:51 PM by DarkTl »

Offline CherryWood

« Reply #1533 on: January 29, 2014, 01:52:36 PM »
Manually, that would be easy... gamewide, might be a lot trickier. Gamewide, it can either be done by an event system or by jumps to custom labels. I think we can do a very simple solution for now, I'll write a function that will jump to a girl_id label if you pick that girl in girlmeets AND girls location is set to "girlmeets-quest". Game will send all girls with the girlmeets-quest location to girlsmeets as well. Than, game will jump to girl_id label (label Hinata:) for example, from there you will own the flow of the game and do whatever you like. A system like that will be very easy to add to an event manager when we actually have one. How will you get disposition to 200 if you cannot interact? Better option would be to check hero's stats like charisma.
Yup, sounds great.
Would it work I write into my custom label that the game should jump back to girlmeets if disposition<200 ?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1534 on: January 29, 2014, 01:58:35 PM »
Actually, indeed it's not like I have something else to do before the alpha. Traits, items, mobs are done on my part, I only forgot to add new effects to traits xml, but I'll do it at this weekend.

I can find something to do for you :)

And if we'll use another BE? Like Eliont will make his BE perfect, and you only will need to grab it?

Using it will in no way in hell mean abandoning ours, it will be an extension, like him using our packs, items or Arena in Alkion.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1535 on: January 29, 2014, 02:00:19 PM »
Would it work I write into my custom label that the game should jump back to girlmeets if disposition<200 ?

Yes, might not even require to leave girlsmeets, give me an hour or so... I was helping someone on Ren'Pys Lemma forums, there are very few people there that help out with complex code.

Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1536 on: January 29, 2014, 03:29:06 PM »
Pushed:
- Unique girls, traits and items can be loaded from multiple data files
- Added jump @ custom girlsmeets quests on CWs request.

Set location to "girlsmeets_quest" in data file, then when you pick a girl, game will jump to girl_id (Hinata) label.

Only background remains, use renpy.scene() if you wish to clear that as well. You'll have to put girls pic on the screen and define her speaking character yourself.

If you want to reject the quest, just check condition, show her pic, say something fitting and jump back to where you came from:

Code: [Select]
$ jump(pytfall.gm.label_cache)
You can obviously keep her location at girlsmeets and use flags to control your labels if you want to meet her several times.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1537 on: January 29, 2014, 03:39:51 PM »

Maybe I've misunderstood you, if you want for normal or unique custom girlmeets to kick in after setting disposition to 200 in your quests, just set location of the girl to "city": char["Hinata"].location = "city".
Like what we're doing?

Offline CherryWood

« Reply #1538 on: January 29, 2014, 03:53:36 PM »
You're the best!
Now if only I was better writer  :)  It's so hard to came up with something that doesn't look plain stupid...

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1539 on: January 29, 2014, 03:57:42 PM »
Now if only I was better writer  :)  It's so hard to came up with something that doesn't look plain stupid...

You've being doing great so far. Besides, even if you sneak something plain stupid in there, it's better than nothing at all.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #1540 on: January 29, 2014, 11:24:24 PM »
I can find something to do for you
Like what? You know I'm not a writer or artist  ::)

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1541 on: January 30, 2014, 05:51:22 AM »
Like what? You know I'm not a writer or artist  ::)

Neither am I... but there are lots of things you could do:

1) Add more Arena fighters and set up 5 - 6 fixed teams for each ladder. (I may have some sprites from new SM Arena event)

2) Elements for BE, find me pics for every element for screens (could be borrowed from naturo series if you go with that concept), write description for every alignment and maybe all of them in detail (doesn't have to be in Shakespearian, just so it makes sense) add elemental alignment to girls, monsters and Arena Fighters and create at least one spell (better 2 - 3) for each element in BE.

3) Find a sound file (preferably .wav, but can also be mp3 or .ogg) with sound of a bow, than I can have all normal characters get into the game with fist attack and set rest of the attacks based off weapon they have equipped. Maybe also a sound that rod, fist or claws make if we have claws.

4) Come up with concepts (better concepts) for balancing and any game elements (doesn't have to be in Shakespearian either btw.)

5) See if you can find better graphics for any of the game elements that you think look awful.

6) See if you can split items and maybe traits files, right now items file is so huge, it takes me ages to find something I'm looking for. They just need to start with items and end with .xml

7) There are to many Warriors in your packs, even if they are used in the Arena, player will never see them until post Alpha. See if you can cut a few, I'll add an option to switch occupation on a very high disposition.

8) Check if any items or traits edit max disposition, this can give weird results since we check vs values and not min and max stats in the events, basically a girl with max disposition of 800 will never see events or allow interactions that require 900, many traits might be removed but if item decreases it and there are no items to raise the max in the game, girls is at least partly broken. PS: Expensive items to raise/decrease it is as good as no items at all.

9) Maybe revisit all of your packs before the Alpha? I am getting sex images on profile pics every now and again.

10) Mobs you've created, all work off FistAttack, noone has any other attack, magic.

PS: If you decide to revisit Mobs or visit arena fighters, you might want to add MDef and charisma stats as well (for defense vs magic and charm skills).

I can prolly think of a few more... More girls is great as well, but after alpha release, we'll fix all new bugs and weird game elements people might find, maybe take a little break and than start with adding slavetraining at which point we'll like have to create more tags... it's not like any code I write or content you add is final anyway.

Oh, you could write (once again, leet skillz are not required) modding guides, especially for tagging.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #1542 on: January 30, 2014, 09:08:46 AM »
2-6 paragraphs sound interesting, I'll take a break from packs making and take care of them tomorrow at work.

Maybe revisit all of your packs before the Alpha? I am getting sex images on profile pics every now and again.
I will fix them right away if you'll be more specific with characters names. Full Revisit = Slave Training.
It's like if I find a bug in the game and tell you that you should revisit all the code instead of describing it  :)

7) There are to many Warriors in your packs, even if they are used in the Arena, player will never see them until post Alpha. See if you can cut a few, I'll add an option to switch occupation on a very high disposition.
Alright. How many unique warriors we might need for alpha?

10) Mobs you've created, all work off FistAttack, noone has any other attack, magic.
I was under impression that we don't have a decent, ready for use set of BE skills yet even for characters, not to mention mobs. Especially in the absence of elements.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1543 on: January 30, 2014, 09:24:38 AM »
2-6 paragraphs sound interesting, I'll take a break from packs making and take care of them tomorrow at work.

Kewl

I will fix them right away if you'll be more specific with characters names. Full Revisit = Slave Training.
It's like if I find a bug in the game and tell you that you should revisit all the code instead of describing it  :)

LoL

True enough... I know for a fact that vivi from op has one. There are definitely one or two more but I don't know where. I think I can come up with a script to root them out when I get a chance.

Alright. How many unique warriors we might need for alpha?

We need to decide how to release the Alpha, it would be obviously a mistake to force everyone to download all of the packs. So prolly girls with special content like Mars, all random girls and maybe one or two of the best known packs would be the way to go.

With random girls we don't really NEED any warriors, prostitutes or any other class. I have just noticed an insane amount of warrior unique girls in the game as compared to other classes.

PS: Right now game might overwrite this, but if you put arena_willing = "false" in girls file, she will not participate in the arena, ever.

I was under impression that we don't have a decent, ready for use set of BE skills yet even for characters, not to mention mobs. Especially in the absence of elements.

Yeap, thats true but you could have used what we had :)

PS: There is a simbrothel 2 RPG maker game that a team way larger than ours is working on, most of the ideas are the same, only there it's rpg framework and we use vn framework (and they seem to have more content due to more people in the project). I had a copy like an year ago, downloading one now to check what's been done since...
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #1544 on: January 30, 2014, 09:46:50 AM »
I know for a fact that vivi from op has one.
You're right, I misclicked anal and profile flags. I will upload new version asap, but if you have tagger, you can fix your version in two seconds instead of downloading 174 MB, picture name is anal (1).

PS: Right now game might overwrite this, but if you put arena_willing = "false" in girls file, she will not participate in the arena, ever.
I'll do that.

Yeap, thats true but you could have used what we had :)
Yeah, but I don't even know what to write there right now. Does the game have a list of existing battle skills in some file that I could view via notepad+ or something?