Author Topic: General Discussion  (Read 3821180 times)

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
Re: General Discussion
« Reply #1560 on: January 31, 2014, 06:28:52 AM »
Custom arena fighters in arena_fighters.json don't use any attacks in combat (both old like Randalf and new ones - they just stand there doing nothing).
Maybe it's not linked with the new system you created?

Also because they get shown in aftermath report, support for battle pic would be nice (now they use portrait)

I disabled part of the code they were using I think along with the mobs. I'll take a look. Battle pics would be almost impossible to find for most of them, but I'll add such a possibility as well.

Lol, now you actually can sell your last brothel and live on the streets  :D

Eventually, I want player not to be forced into buying brothels. Especially when we create guilds and slavetraining.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #1561 on: January 31, 2014, 06:39:09 AM »
Guess we'll need a separate location like player house then. Maybe with furniture and upgrades.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1562 on: January 31, 2014, 06:46:22 AM »
Guess we'll need a separate location like player house then. Maybe with furniture and upgrades.

Definitely at some point.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1563 on: January 31, 2014, 08:22:01 AM »
Custom arena fighters in arena_fighters.json don't use any attacks in combat (both old like Randalf and new ones - they just stand there doing nothing).
Maybe it's not linked with the new system you created?

Also because they get shown in aftermath report, support for battle pic would be nice (now they use portrait)

Ok, they were using old names and container types, we'll have to update girls at some point as well but for now game will take care of that.

Just pushed, look inside the files for examples.
Like what we're doing?

Offline BlackWolf Inc.

« Reply #1564 on: January 31, 2014, 10:01:08 AM »
Hey Xela, nice to see the projects still running smoothly. Just a quick thing, I could try writing meetscripts for your project. I've already done a couple for wm so maybe you could take a look at them and tell me what you think?. Just thought I would ask seeing as writing meetscripts is something I enjoy doing.
Don't look at me like that! I found 'em that way....

Now no-one else has to die...
unless I think of another reason.

If found, please return to Miss Y. Rhul.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1565 on: January 31, 2014, 10:06:00 AM »
Hey Xela, nice to see the projects still running smoothly. Just a quick thing, I could try writing meetscripts for your project. I've already done a couple for wm so maybe you could take a look at them and tell me what you think?. Just thought I would ask seeing as writing meetscripts is something I enjoy doing.

That would be great, cause we really are lacking in that area. Do you have dev environment setup already?
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #1566 on: January 31, 2014, 10:18:24 AM »
Found some decent sounds for all weapon types that we might have in the near future. In my db it's animation and sounds\BE folder.
Some types of attacks have several sounds, either use the one you like most or randomly select it during battle.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1567 on: January 31, 2014, 10:21:00 AM »
Found some decent sounds for all weapon types that we might have in the near future. In my db it's animation and sounds\BE folder.
Some types of attacks have several sounds, either use the one you like most or randomly select it during battle.

Awesome, you could out them in the game and push to SF yourself btw.
Like what we're doing?

Offline BlackWolf Inc.

« Reply #1568 on: January 31, 2014, 10:32:01 AM »
That would be great, cause we really are lacking in that area. Do you have dev environment setup already?
Afraid not :( , but run me through the basics and i'll see what i can do :) .
Don't look at me like that! I found 'em that way....

Now no-one else has to die...
unless I think of another reason.

If found, please return to Miss Y. Rhul.

Offline CherryWood

« Reply #1569 on: January 31, 2014, 11:07:15 AM »
Ok, they were using old names and container types, we'll have to update girls at some point as well but for now game will take care of that.

Just pushed, look inside the files for examples.
Great, they're working now.
I pushed a few sprites I used for testing. I'll improve these later, now I want to try creating a small event. 

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1570 on: January 31, 2014, 11:12:52 AM »
Afraid not :( , but run me through the basics and i'll see what i can do :) .

First follow the instructions here:

http://www.pinkpetal.org/index.php?topic=2125.msg22144#msg22144

Next, after you got the code and some girls, in Ren'Py: Press on "script.rpy" under Edit files: You'll get a choice of a number of text editors, JEdit is by far the best but you'll need Java Development kit installed as well. There is also a gVim (difficult to use but many say that it's very good and pays off in the end). I use only JEdit.

After you've downloaded the Jedit or any other editor (You could obviously use any editor but you'll have no RenPy syntax), you should open Utilities in the Menu, pick File Browser and than dock it to the left side for convinience.

The whole thing takes like 5 mins.

Thereafter, you'll have to play the game a little bit to figure out what's what. Also take a look at content/db/traits.xml. Traits inside should be used at forks during the girlsmeets. There are currently 4 classes of girls in PyTFall, "Prostitute", "Stripper", "Warrior" and "ServiceGirl" (Cleans/Tends bar).

Most important stat during girsmeets is "disposition" (scale of -1000 to 1000) and charisma which is under normal circumstances in range of 0 - no limit but is not likely to go above 400 after we balance out the game. Charisma will prolly be rarely used anyway.

After you got everything set up and played our pre-alpha version a little bit and actually took a look at what girlsmeets look like in PyTFall (SimBro 1x clone and very different from WM), take a look at labels - girlsmeets.rpy (or something similar) in the library/screen folder. Don't be overwhelmed by the code, it's actually VERY simple and after you glanced through it, I'll explain what's what.

Bow sounds like arrow hits wood, I don't think we have any wooden enemies even under mobs...
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1571 on: January 31, 2014, 11:14:35 AM »
Great, they're working now.
I pushed a few sprites I used for testing. I'll improve these later, now I want to try creating a small event.

If Bowman takes over girlsmeets, I'll pause my work on them and start with updating the event manager tonight :)

Edit: they are not just working, you can also set up weight of each attack (how frequently AFs will use it). That should be working now as well.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2014, 11:19:54 AM by Xela »
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #1572 on: January 31, 2014, 11:20:52 AM »
Awesome, you could out them in the game and push to SF yourself btw.
I would appreciate a small (but complete  :) ) pushing guide, just like that one for pulling in repository section.

Bow sounds like arrow hits wood, I don't think we have any wooden enemies even under mobs...
Not exactly wood, but something solid for sure. It's the best free one for now, there are much better ones, but not for free. I'll continue my search tomorrow.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2014, 11:26:12 AM by DarkTl »

Offline CherryWood

« Reply #1573 on: January 31, 2014, 11:37:26 AM »
Good news is, that after setting up the code for type of sprite movement (skill class), additional animations using it created from existing sprite files found on net (and there is a lot of them) ale totally easy to set up. And I found sites with lots of sounds too (http://www.sounddogs.com/sound-effects.asp), so creating a new one takes only like 15-30 minutes (If you don't want to draw your own, obviously). So I can probably make a lot of these when we will want it.
Have you tried this site? Bow + Arrow in search field gives me 985 sound effects  :)  I've used bow sf+fireball sf+explosion/freeze sf from this site to create fire/ice arrow. 
==========
Edit: Oh, ok, sorry  :) 
« Last Edit: January 31, 2014, 11:56:47 AM by CherryWood »

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #1574 on: January 31, 2014, 11:45:50 AM »
Yup, that's where I found it in the first place. Didn't have enough time today to listen all 985 examples  :)