devolution

Author Topic: General Discussion  (Read 3821717 times)

Offline BlackWolf Inc.

Re: General Discussion
« Reply #1575 on: January 31, 2014, 12:10:37 PM »
After you got everything set up and played our pre-alpha version a little bit and actually took a look at what girlsmeets look like in PyTFall (SimBro 1x clone and very different from WM), take a look at labels - girlsmeets.rpy (or something similar) in the library/screen folder. Don't be overwhelmed by the code, it's actually VERY simple and after you glanced through it, I'll explain what's what.
Right I'll get to that and see if I can't whip up something half decent :D . I think I might be odd in that i like making meetscripts :o
Don't look at me like that! I found 'em that way....

Now no-one else has to die...
unless I think of another reason.

If found, please return to Miss Y. Rhul.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
« Reply #1576 on: January 31, 2014, 12:26:16 PM »
Right I'll get to that and see if I can't whip up something half decent :D . I think I might be odd in that i like making meetscripts :o

No idea. Plenty of people like playing and making date style games.

The idea behind girlsmeets in PyTFall is to raise disposition of girls towards the player until events could be triggered or girl can be hired. Unlike in WM, there is a menu with loads of choices from the very start and you can add other menus on top of that. Player is usually silent and is communicating through menu choices.
Like what we're doing?

Offline BlackWolf Inc.

« Reply #1577 on: January 31, 2014, 01:35:51 PM »
Interesting and sure I don't mind taking over meetscripts, now I'm here your not getting rid of me just yet 8)
===
Edit: Okay downloading some of Darks girls now, are their any I need to make sure the game doesn't throw a fit? :D
« Last Edit: January 31, 2014, 01:46:16 PM by Bowman Vii »

Offline CherryWood

« Reply #1578 on: January 31, 2014, 01:48:31 PM »
Edit: Okay downloading some of Darks girls now, are their any I need to make sure the game doesn't throw a fit? :D
Maybe not anymore, but it was Hinata (Naruto0) and Alice Margatroid (touhou). + some random girls to fill the arena
« Last Edit: January 31, 2014, 01:53:31 PM by CherryWood »

Offline BlackWolf Inc.

« Reply #1579 on: January 31, 2014, 01:53:17 PM »
Maybe not anymore, but it was Hinata (Naruto0) and Alice Margatroid (touhou). + some random girls for working arena
Thanks for the heads up, I'll get them both just in case.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1580 on: January 31, 2014, 02:33:15 PM »
Thanks for the heads up, I'll get them both just in case.

The only link to Hinata is in the bug reports thread. You do STILL require Darks naruto girls because a team in the arena expects them to be there. I also suggest you get all of the random girls because you'll get an empty arena or arena filled with one random girl all over the place otherwise.

I would appreciate a small (but complete  :) ) pushing guide, just like that one for pulling in repository section.

Choose Hg Workbench from the menu in your pytfall folder.

First you need to commit or Fiksirovat' all of the changes you made. That you need to pull the the changes everyone else has made from the server like you usually do (there are green arrows with yellow cylinders in the toolbar of hg workbench). There is a roadmap in top window and if you actually pulled something, it will be split in two. Call a menu on the fork that splits, pick Merge with local copy. On a pop up window, at the bottom, there is a + listbar with hidden options, pick always automatically resolve conflics and then on next a couple of times. You'll be asked to commit again, choose yes. And push with the yellow cils/green arrows button.

That is basically it, long explanation for 5 - 6 mouse clicks. The worst thing that can happen is if someone has worked on the same code you did, then you'll be asked to solve the conflict manually. You'll get a text editor with conflicts and if you want to choose your version or the other guys from a menu, but that doesn't happen very often.

Software is pretty smart, it will not let you push unless you specifically tell it to force it if you did not pull the latest changes and always ask if you wish to add new files or remove the old once during commits. You'll have to setup your nickname in the software as well, it should tell you what to do.
Like what we're doing?

Offline BlackWolf Inc.

« Reply #1581 on: January 31, 2014, 02:47:16 PM »
 :D good call right i'll just get everything to be safe right now

Offline BlackWolf Inc.

« Reply #1582 on: January 31, 2014, 02:51:21 PM »
Btw, do we have a heads-up as to who is and isn't officially working on this Xela?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1583 on: January 31, 2014, 03:01:52 PM »
Btw, do we have a heads-up as to who is and isn't officially working on this Xela?

Me, Dark and CW are active. longint pops in every now and again. Rudi helped us with tags but hasn't been seen for a while and has his own game in development. Jaeke did some testing and spell-checks. Xip made a couple of backgrounds for the Arena.

Otherwise, people keep contacting me in PMs, promise to help, ask questions and disappear.
Like what we're doing?

Offline BlackWolf Inc.

« Reply #1584 on: January 31, 2014, 03:08:34 PM »
That kinda sucks :( , still if you want you can add me to the list. I think i could really get into this.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1585 on: January 31, 2014, 03:13:08 PM »
That kinda sucks :( , still if you want you can add me to the list. I think i could really get into this.

Oki :)
Like what we're doing?

Offline BlackWolf Inc.

« Reply #1586 on: January 31, 2014, 03:16:10 PM »
Thanks, still DL'ing stuff atm but as soon as those girlpacks hit my harddrive I'm in :D
===
Edit: Right set up a sourceforge and dropbox account just in case I need 'em

« Last Edit: January 31, 2014, 03:29:04 PM by Bowman Vii »

Offline BlackWolf Inc.

« Reply #1587 on: January 31, 2014, 03:52:54 PM »
Maybe not anymore, but it was Hinata (Naruto0) and Alice Margatroid (touhou).
Just had a look at the script.rpy file, there both mentioned in it so it might still.

Offline CherryWood

« Reply #1588 on: January 31, 2014, 04:34:36 PM »
Is there a way to have random sound played on each attack? I tried this:
Code: [Select]
Library.Skills.CannonAttack = AttackSkill(command=[('Attack', -1)], multiplier=1, sfx=random.choice(["content/sfx/sound/be/Cannon_1.wav", "content/sfx/sound/be/Cannon_2.wav", "content/sfx/sound/be/Cannon_3.wav"]), name="Fire")but its not working like that, I get only one sound for whole battle.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1589 on: January 31, 2014, 04:41:17 PM »
Is there a way to have random sound played on each attack? I tried this:
Code: [Select]
Library.Skills.CannonAttack = AttackSkill(command=[('Attack', -1)], multiplier=1, sfx=random.choice(["content/sfx/sound/be/Cannon_1.wav", "content/sfx/sound/be/Cannon_2.wav", "content/sfx/sound/be/Cannon_3.wav"]), name="Fire")but its not working like that, I get only one sound for whole battle.

It cannot work like that but you'll simply be getting new sound every time you start and maybe load the game. You need to modify the Skill it self, if you want, I can quickly do it right now and push.
Like what we're doing?