Author Topic: General Discussion  (Read 3821630 times)

Offline BlackWolf Inc.

Re: General Discussion
« Reply #1635 on: February 01, 2014, 12:43:55 PM »
Yeah that makes sense, like no matter how tomboyish ect. you are, if you don't like talking to people your gonna say as little as possible.
And it would take me all year and then some to cover every trait combo we have (I'm not going that far so don't worry :D )
Perhaps it would be worth 'charting out' the trait order for these things hmm..
« Last Edit: February 01, 2014, 12:49:11 PM by Bowman Vii »
Don't look at me like that! I found 'em that way....

Now no-one else has to die...
unless I think of another reason.

If found, please return to Miss Y. Rhul.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
« Reply #1636 on: February 01, 2014, 12:49:50 PM »
@Xela Right, thanks for clearing everything up, so its alright to shorten the old lines with your new command option for them?

Are there any traits in particular I should focus  on adding lines for in either of your opinions?

1) Yes, but ask CW if he is ok with that for his lines (those are usually longer, better thought through and more numerous). He wasn't particularly happy with my helper functions. You can do anything you like with my lines, delete, rewrite, add to them etc.

2) Occupations and character/mind specific traits are more important. Like I've said, just go with your gut, I wouldn't know what to write for a good half of traits during girlsmeets.
Like what we're doing?

Offline BlackWolf Inc.

« Reply #1637 on: February 01, 2014, 12:55:02 PM »
You can do it in your own way of course, I don't think I will be adding something there for a while.
Haha, ok just wanted to run it past you first. Your stuff is actually very well done and really well layed out, makes my job a hell of alot easier.
Like I've said, just go with your gut, I wouldn't know what to write for a good half of traits during girlsmeets.
I'll do that then, Just wanted to make sure were all on the same page with this you know, Still got some catching up to do.

Offline BlackWolf Inc.

« Reply #1638 on: February 01, 2014, 12:59:59 PM »
The more I think about it now, the better I think it is that the player doesn't say anything, otherwise with my writing practically everything he says could end up as sarcasm ???

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #1639 on: February 01, 2014, 01:04:37 PM »
I guess he should have general lines, like "agree" and "disagree" during a question, or "ask her about X" during a conversation.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2014, 01:06:50 PM by DarkTl »

Offline CherryWood

« Reply #1640 on: February 01, 2014, 01:06:12 PM »
Edit: I forgot to add that the example I used had a # before it and no actual text so I wondered if it was a WIP
Missed this one>

Lines that I commented out with # are probably lines that doesn't have enough answers. It would be too repetitive, so it was better to leave them out and use normal ones.
-----------------
You can do anything with my part too, of course.
I had lines first (ripped out of artificial girl 3 game) and I was figuring how to use them, so that's why it may not make much sense sometimes (like some categories missing, or why we have some secondary traits covered and not the most common ones)

Offline BlackWolf Inc.

« Reply #1641 on: February 01, 2014, 01:32:31 PM »
I guess he should have general lines, like "agree" and "disagree" during a question, or "ask her about X" during a conversation.
Good point, I have to agree with you there, after all we do want the MC to feel like their part of the game.

Lines that I commented out with # are probably lines that doesn't have enough answers. It would be too repetitive, so it was better to leave them out and use normal ones.
I'll see if I can't come up with something to fill in those holes then

You can do anything with my part too, of course.
I had lines first (ripped out of artificial girl 3 game) and I was figuring how to use them, so that's why it may not make much sense sometimes (like some categories missing, or why we have some secondary traits covered and not the most common ones)
No problems here, and no need to worry in regards to the coverage. THat is why I'm here I believe ???

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1642 on: February 01, 2014, 02:08:13 PM »
What a perfect range in days for girls to stick to the same location? I am rewriting girlsmeets class (that will not effect your work) to be more flexible and less consuming on expansion. Also are there any requests for sorting other than to trying to get 1 girl with highest disposition and give priority to unique character over random once?
Like what we're doing?

Offline BlackWolf Inc.

« Reply #1643 on: February 01, 2014, 02:18:52 PM »
I would say maybe 3-4 days max? long enough to have a chance of finding them but short enough to be realistic I'd say

===
I know now that the whole optimist + lolita is a sort of little sister archetype but every time I try to think up more lines for it all I can hear is Navi in my head going "HEY, LISTEN" :D
« Last Edit: February 01, 2014, 02:24:33 PM by Bowman Vii »

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #1644 on: February 01, 2014, 02:42:29 PM »
I wonder if some traits should affect where you can find them. Like Always Hungry near or inside cafe or something.

Also, theoretically, higher charisma and libido should affect meetings as well, if disposition is the same.

Offline BlackWolf Inc.

« Reply #1645 on: February 01, 2014, 03:00:38 PM »
It's true that charisma doesn't actually do much atm and it's not used in meetscripts at all.
Which actually leads me on to a question of my own, do you think i should make compliments have a higher success rate with egocentric people  seeing as they do love being complimented and all.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2014, 03:07:40 PM by Bowman Vii »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1646 on: February 01, 2014, 03:34:10 PM »
It's true that charisma doesn't actually do much atm and it's not used in meetscripts at all.
Which actually leads me on to a question of my own, do you think i should make compliments have a higher success rate with egocentric people  seeing as they do love being complimented and all.

Yeap, why not...

We might have to add some form of a wrapper to calculate disposition based on difference between hero and girl, but the system can be simple for now.

Otherwise: FY(&(UIYHUGOBI Son of a $**%(, just wasted two hours because of a spelling error...
Like what we're doing?

Offline BlackWolf Inc.

« Reply #1647 on: February 01, 2014, 03:45:25 PM »
Try Hitting it with a hammer, works for me...

In other news: finally finished my grammar check, next will be replacing the old functions with the new shorter ones

Edit -
Otherwise: FY(&(UIYHUGOBI Son of a $**%(, just wasted two hours because of a spelling error...
??? That may just be the single greatest exasperation in the history of the internet ???
« Last Edit: February 01, 2014, 03:48:36 PM by Bowman Vii »

Offline BlackWolf Inc.

« Reply #1648 on: February 01, 2014, 03:57:00 PM »
in regards to the new function replacement I'm doing :
disposition checks should be changed from-

if chr.disposition > 50
to

if d (50)

correct?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1649 on: February 01, 2014, 05:00:53 PM »
in regards to the new function replacement I'm doing :
disposition checks should be changed from-

if chr.disposition > 50
to

if d (50)

correct?

Yeap, that looks about right, just not less than sign.

We have a beach (no cafe yet) and the new girlsmeets logic makes it a lot easier to fill new locations with girls (now it's one line of code in the label instead of about 60 line all over the place before) :)
Like what we're doing?