devolution

Author Topic: General Discussion  (Read 3821610 times)

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
Re: General Discussion
« Reply #1710 on: February 04, 2014, 01:44:32 PM »
Copy/Pasted your code, those are not sex pics, they are strip pics.

Code: [Select]
            for entry in pytfall.gm.display_girls():
                    use r_lightbutton(img=entry.show("bikini", "beach", "swimsuit", "summer", exclude=main_sex_tags.append("strip"), type="any", label_cache=True, resize=(300, 400)), return_value=['jump', entry])
Like what we're doing?

Offline CherryWood

« Reply #1711 on: February 04, 2014, 02:24:08 PM »
Copy/Pasted your code, those are not sex pics, they are strip pics.

Code: [Select]
            for entry in pytfall.gm.display_girls():
                    use r_lightbutton(img=entry.show("bikini", "beach", "swimsuit", "summer", exclude=main_sex_tags.append("strip"), type="any", label_cache=True, resize=(300, 400)), return_value=['jump', entry])
Nope, they're still there. I just deleted the whole game and downloaded it again from repo (with the new 2 minutes old update) and got one on right beach at first attempt. If it's not happening in your game too, then I just don't know...
« Last Edit: February 04, 2014, 02:28:39 PM by CherryWood »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1712 on: February 04, 2014, 02:45:45 PM »
Nope, they're still there. I just deleted the whole game and downloaded it again from repo (with the new 2 minutes old update) and got one on right beach at first attempt. If it's not happening in your game too, then I just don't know...

Just tried it and got one, this is odd, going to take a while to track...
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1713 on: February 04, 2014, 02:51:56 PM »

Ever got this with an unique girl???
Like what we're doing?

Offline CherryWood

« Reply #1714 on: February 04, 2014, 03:01:42 PM »
Ever got this with an unique girl???
Yes, I just confirmed that with Temari (summer+mast)

« Last Edit: February 04, 2014, 03:10:12 PM by CherryWood »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1715 on: February 04, 2014, 03:23:50 PM »
Yes, I just confirmed that with Temari (summer+mast)

FOUND IT :)

It's a method that has been created by Rudi, edited by me, then him again and by me like 3 times since then. I got things messed up in the process...
Like what we're doing?

Offline BlackWolf Inc.

« Reply #1716 on: February 04, 2014, 03:25:13 PM »
But especially if Bowman comes through with girlsmeets and interactions, we're getting close to an Alpha :)
No worries i'm still working on them, just a sort of trial and improvement type thing, so i'm improving it bit by bit i'd say 8)   
Don't look at me like that! I found 'em that way....

Now no-one else has to die...
unless I think of another reason.

If found, please return to Miss Y. Rhul.

Offline CherryWood

« Reply #1717 on: February 04, 2014, 03:37:34 PM »
FOUND IT :)

It's a method that has been created by Rudi, edited by me, then him again and by me like 3 times since then. I got things messed up in the process...
Thats great! Congrats!
It really looks good to have girls in bikinis on the beach. I'm glad we decided to do it like that. (and all the possibilities for the future...)

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1718 on: February 04, 2014, 03:50:03 PM »
Thats great! Congrats!
It really looks good to have girls in bikinis on the beach. I'm glad we decided to do it like that. (and all the possibilities for the future...)

We should do something similar for all other locations as well. After I sort this thing out, apparently there was a stupid thing that I've left but pics are appearing even after I removed it. Two methods in girls class now seem perfectly sound so next step will be going thought Rudi's database code.

No worries i'm still working on them, just a sort of trial and improvement type thing, so i'm improving it bit by bit i'd say 8)   

Awesome :)

Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1719 on: February 04, 2014, 04:16:35 PM »
All done, I don't think anything was actually broken, first you got the strip pics, second I've added a bad argument main_sex_tags.append("strip") was not allowed and we started getting sex pics as well, main_sex_tags + ["strip"] should have been the argument.

I did get a good chance to clean up both methods, so that is at least a good thing :)
Like what we're doing?

Offline BlackWolf Inc.

« Reply #1720 on: February 04, 2014, 04:48:25 PM »
I just realized that one of the new pushes changes the  pyt - labels - girlinteractions.rpy, ah well looks like i'm starting from scratch  :-[

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1721 on: February 04, 2014, 05:07:08 PM »
I just realized that one of the new pushes changes the  pyt - labels - girlinteractions.rpy, ah well looks like i'm starting from scratch  :-[

???

1) You should get a DropBox folder, you can use this as reference: https://db.tt/n73tZzn9 We'll both get 500mb free space.

2) You should also get an account with SourceForge and push your work every now and then + commit before pulling.

We all use 2 - 3 layers of backups and clouds to keep our work secure. We also have a shared folder in Dropbox, I can add you to it.

===========================
Some Q&A:
1) Should I remove everyone from dropbox who isn't around anymore?

2) Dark has a kickass elven city map in his DB, maybe we can come up with a story, like High elves leaving and now humans and other raises as well as remaining elves are trying to preserve it, learning how to control and maintain it's magic? We can add a beach to the top left corner of the map for now and later maybe someone might draw actual see/sand? What do you think?

3) What kind of transitions between the screens work best? And where?
Like what we're doing?

Offline BlackWolf Inc.

« Reply #1722 on: February 04, 2014, 05:27:10 PM »
I actually already have a dropbox & sourceforge account, just haven't used them yet.
No need to worry though, the stuff I did before was kinda rough anyway, and now I've got even more to play with :P

I would say yes, probably best to yet it to active contributers

2) Dark has a kickass elven city map in his DB, maybe we can come up with a story, like High elves leaving and now humans and other raises as well as remaining elves are trying to preserve it, learning how to control and maintain it's magic? We can add a beach to the top left corner of the map for now and later maybe someone might draw actual see/sand? What do you think?
Definatly a interesting idea and sounds pretty cool, come up with something interesting we might.

I'll leave decision on this to Dark and CW 'cause I don't mind the current ones to be honest

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #1723 on: February 05, 2014, 12:15:53 AM »
Pretty sure we won't see them again, at least as a part of dev group.

2) Dark has a kickass elven city map in his DB, maybe we can come up with a story, like High elves leaving and now humans and other raises as well as remaining elves are trying to preserve it, learning how to control and maintain it's magic?
In Witcher humans win because they breed much more often. Furthermore, elven women there can (and want to) do it much more often with humans as well (it has something to do with hormones in human body). Talk about fanservice, huh?  :)

Clarify this question, please.

Offline CherryWood

« Reply #1724 on: February 05, 2014, 05:56:50 AM »

2) Dark has a kickass elven city map in his DB, maybe we can come up with a story...
I'm not really a fan of elves. But I must admit that it looks good, especially that arena. It's hard to find anything from this perspective...
I was looking for many hours but only other city pics with arena I found is this one:

I don't really care as long it's FAST.
So what I currently like the most is that "pixelate" on main creen, and definitely not "with irisin" because it's soooo slow right now.
"Fade" is interesting, but a little too much aggressive to my taste, when the first screen disappear instantly. But if the first screen (buttons and such) could dissolve first, it may look good in girl screens. (if it's fast  :) )
Classic dissolve usually ok
And if you want to set something new... no idea
« Last Edit: February 05, 2014, 06:14:07 AM by CherryWood »