Author Topic: General Discussion  (Read 3821648 times)

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
Re: General Discussion
« Reply #1770 on: February 09, 2014, 02:29:55 AM »
Reminds me of my discussion with Rudi about advantages and traits  :)
Just like then, I don't see difference between the terms, except their names.

?
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #1771 on: February 09, 2014, 02:48:24 AM »
Rooms and upgrades, I mean. Upgrades work on concept of auto-assignment, they have upkeep, name, picture. Not square footage, but total number of upgrades in one brothel.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1772 on: February 09, 2014, 03:16:20 AM »
Rooms and upgrades, I mean. Upgrades work on concept of auto-assignment, they have upkeep, name, picture. Not square footage, but total number of upgrades in one brothel.

Yeap... rooms would be more powerful and interesting I guess. We'll see. Damn jobs require to much rewriting, I was really hoping it would be less than that.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1773 on: February 09, 2014, 01:40:40 PM »
Just pushed. Mainly bigfixes, quickfixes and small improvements:

- Very early prototype of future jobs code is added.
- Improved jobs a little bit.
- Slightly reduced amount of clients in brothels.
- 2 fixes on brothel management screen.
- Added logging for hero's fins to more places.
- Imporved brothel reports.
- Patched a quick fix for hero fin screen error when displaying long strings.
- Found a bug when game quits on itself when returning from hero main screen, but was unable to replicate.

Not all is listed, basically just tying up some loose ends. I've crossed jobs off the TODO list (unless bugs pop up or sh!t is totally unbalanced, it'll have to do for the @). Don't know what's next... gonna take another look at the list.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1774 on: February 09, 2014, 03:59:49 PM »
    Library.Skills.SwordAttack
    Library.Skills.BowAttack
    Library.Skills.CrossbowAttack
    Library.Skills.KnifeAttack
    Library.Skills.ClawAttack
    Library.Skills.FistAttack
    Library.Skills.CannonAttack
    Library.Skills.RodAttack
    Library.Skills.ScytheAttack
    Library.Skills.SprayAttack
    Library.Skills.ThrowAttack
    Library.Skills.WhipAttack

Added some normal attacks.

@Dark, when you get the chance, add attack="Sword Attack" and etc. fields to weapons. You can prolly push that to SF as well. I cannot do it with types since you have a number of Nonweapon types and both crossbows, bows and some throw items are typed Ranged.

I've added code to cover basic types for now but attack in items files will (or at least should) override it.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1775 on: February 09, 2014, 04:16:14 PM »
- Added missing pics for mob "mare" (copied from Dark's DB folder)
- Added a number of normal attacks and renamed them so small + normal weapons could be both used in BE
- Added option to rename brothels in maintenance
- Added items activating correct Battle skillz (I think)
- Checks the code for items "addskills" field that should add magic powers. Looks like it should be working but haven't tested it yet.
- Removed blocking acts during whore job

And that's two more things off the list + a bunch of fixes. I think that for once, we actually crossed more off that we've added :)
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1776 on: February 09, 2014, 05:23:17 PM »
- Notification screen pop-ups added on not enought money to buy a brothel
- Not enough AP to buy brothel/girl
- Fixed right listing button in slave market (both were bound to left index)
- Fixed couple of errors during hiring in girlsmeets.

Last small update for tonight.

PS: Do you think we should add a menu before entering shops? Yes/No and take 1 AP on entry? We obviously cannot take 1 AP per purchase, but shopping shouldn't be AP free either...
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #1777 on: February 10, 2014, 01:42:07 AM »
@Dark, when you get the chance, add attack="Sword Attack" and etc. fields to weapons. You can prolly push that to SF as well.
Will do asap. As for nonweapon items, they are supposed to be unusable for actual attacks in BE, just giving more bonuses to stats instead. If it's too much trouble, I'll set them to spray or fist attacks for now.

Do you think we should add a menu before entering shops? Yes/No and take 1 AP on entry? We obviously cannot take 1 AP per purchase, but shopping shouldn't be AP free either...
Yup, that would be useful, I think. Although this menu should be optional, since it will be a huge nuisance for experienced players.

Another thing is the slave market screen. When you browse slaves you cannot quickly close the market and return to brothel by pessing the cross, that's quite inconvenient.

Also I could use a quick, short cheat code of some kind for unlimited money for testing purposes, since slaves are not cheap at all  :)
« Last Edit: February 10, 2014, 01:58:04 AM by DarkTl »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1778 on: February 10, 2014, 12:25:01 PM »
Will do asap. As for nonweapon items, they are supposed to be unusable for actual attacks in BE, just giving more bonuses to stats instead. If it's too much trouble, I'll set them to spray or fist attacks for now.

Oki, weapons that should not work in BE don't get an attack field at all.

Another thing is the slave market screen. When you browse slaves you cannot quickly close the market and return to brothel by pessing the cross, that's quite inconvenient.

Note this somewhere and remind me during major screen remodeling. I want slavemarket to be accessed from the city only for Alpha.

Also I could use a quick, short cheat code of some kind for unlimited money for testing purposes, since slaves are not cheap at all  :)

In the console:
Code: [Select]
hero.gold += 100000000
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1779 on: February 11, 2014, 09:08:28 PM »
Update:
- Moved NPC folder
- Remodeled mainscreen (work in progress)
- Renamed a number of files
- Added intro to the SlaveMarket
- Added first event to the SM-Club (Abby's Crossing themed)
- Throw all of mobs from darks folder into the games mobs folder (after getting ANOTHER missing file error)
- Added a good number of new sounds
- Two or three new music tracks
- Registered new sound and music channels in Ren'Py
- Fixed erroneous girlsmeets in the park
- Merged in Dark's items update
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #1780 on: February 12, 2014, 10:16:16 AM »
I think we don't need "hidden" field after all. All gifts effects probably should be hidden.

Also, I wonder how to handle situations when a girl has several traits. For example, if some gift gives -50 to silly and +50 to kind, and we have silly kind character.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1781 on: February 12, 2014, 11:56:39 AM »
I think we don't need "hidden" field after all. All gifts effects probably should be hidden.

Also, I wonder how to handle situations when a girl has several traits. For example, if some gift gives -50 to silly and +50 to kind, and we have silly kind character.

I can hide it with code on type/slot (whatever you're using, slot would make more sense). Description should at least hint on gifts purpose.

It's up to you, I would have maid gift system simple and linear, without complicated or contradiction items.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #1782 on: February 12, 2014, 12:39:44 PM »
Yup, I try to make gifts as intuitive as possible. Trial and error method will help players too in some cases, it's not like wrong gift will kill the girl. Also I converted some existing items to gifts, like all flowers consumables.

As for conflicting traits, in such cases we could use the first matched trait in the list, ignoring others, like we do with mutually exclusive traits in random girls jsons.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1783 on: February 12, 2014, 02:47:40 PM »
Yup, I try to make gifts as intuitive as possible. Trial and error method will help players too in some cases, it's not like wrong gift will kill the girl. Also I converted some existing items to gifts, like all flowers consumables.

As for conflicting traits, in such cases we could use the first matched trait in the list, ignoring others, like we do with mutually exclusive traits in random girls jsons.

Oki, I kinda liked those as normal items, but gifts will work just as well.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1784 on: February 12, 2014, 03:15:57 PM »
Holy crap... the new on click sound is annoying... I didn't notice it yesterday, gonna get rid of it asap...

What did you guys think about the SM intro and club event?
Like what we're doing?