Author Topic: General Discussion  (Read 3821818 times)

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
Re: General Discussion
« Reply #1845 on: February 20, 2014, 02:46:21 AM »
Race for girls, huh? I wonder about it.

Maybe just as a string, like origin field, to group them during some events or to use with relationships system between girls. There are dozens of races, we won't be able to properly code them all.

That's a decent option, yeah... the more info the game has - the better. Even if we only use it for sparsely.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #1846 on: February 20, 2014, 03:01:56 AM »
About the forth wall, guess we could add tab with all info like full name, description, race, etc. If you want to add modder and origin fields (version is an overkill, pretty sure you don't give a new version even to the game after every push), they probably should be hidden by default. For example, a small info button somewhere in a corner of the tab.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1847 on: February 20, 2014, 04:05:29 AM »
About the forth wall, guess we could add tab with all info like full name, description, race, etc. If you want to add modder and origin fields (version is an overkill, pretty sure you don't give a new version even to the game after every push), they probably should be hidden by default. For example, a small info button somewhere in a corner of the tab.

We already have an info tab so it's about throwing more stuff in there. Unless Jaeke comes with a new barrage of bugs, I'll see if I can code in a simple Hero setup screen for the Alpha. Since we still don't have any texts/plans for the lifestory --> stats increases like you wanted to do, I'll make something like Alkions setup screen but with less options (because I don't really know how to use them in the game right now).
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #1848 on: February 20, 2014, 04:30:58 AM »
What do you mean by Girls Control Screen in the to do list?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1849 on: February 20, 2014, 04:36:08 AM »
What do you mean by Girls Control Screen in the to do list?

Girl Control in the Girl profile screen:

- Fix Interactions | Note Darks partner pick request.

this is not placed there correctly.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #1850 on: February 20, 2014, 04:43:04 AM »
Ah, my bad. I kept wondering for some time  what could it mean  :)

Guess we not that far from the alpha. If you write a guide about adding spells to the game, I'll try to add a couple for each element after I'll finish chainfights.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1851 on: February 20, 2014, 05:51:59 AM »
Guess we not that far from the alpha. If you write a guide about adding spells to the game, I'll try to add a couple for each element after I'll finish chainfights.

Codewise, we're very close, especially since Jaeke debugged most of the game to a great depth. We're still short on events and have almost 0 interactions. Also state of girlsmeets is unclear as I've not heard anything from Bowman for a while.

Take a look at my post to CW on loading animations into the game as well as assets file in the library/be folder. I am having trouble beliving that somebody who can/once could program in Delphi has trouble figuring it out.

As for guide in events, read any basic intro into the Ren'Py and take a look at the events folder. Writing proper guides take a lot of time :(

PS: BB in a couple of hours.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Jaeke

« Reply #1852 on: February 20, 2014, 06:34:15 AM »
I'll hold off on too much more testing until you get some more things implemented like that hero setup, sounds good. Well, unless there are crashes/error reports. But don't let bugs get in the way of features.

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #1853 on: February 20, 2014, 06:36:14 AM »
Well, I cannot use RenPy at work because of deadly antivirus of Satan himself, also known as Kaspersky. Since it doesn't trust RenPy and checks every single file, the game's loading time is like 20 min or so (yet is does trust Kamidori, as well as any hentai VN  :D ).

I'll take a look at assets file though.

Offline CherryWood

« Reply #1854 on: February 20, 2014, 07:05:02 AM »
Codewise, we're very close, especially since Jaeke debugged most of the game to a great depth. We're still short on events and have almost 0 interactions. Also state of girlsmeets is unclear as I've not heard anything from Bowman for a while.
Can I touch the interaction file? I really miss an option to talk with your girls that doesn't involve sex... (why do we have sex options then?)

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1855 on: February 20, 2014, 08:50:17 AM »
Well, I cannot use RenPy at work because of deadly antivirus of Satan himself, also known as Kaspersky. Since it doesn't trust RenPy and checks every single file, the game's loading time is like 20 min or so (yet is does trust Kamidori, as well as any hentai VN  :D ).

I'll take a look at assets file though.

I see, well, you can still at it's documentation on the website...

Can I touch the interaction file? I really miss an option to talk with your girls that doesn't involve sex... (why do we have sex options then?)

You don't have to ask this stuff. Just change what you need to and push. Same counts for other files, if you see something you can fix/improve, especially texts, transitions, pics choices, trait checks and so on (stuff you understand) just do it and push.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #1856 on: February 20, 2014, 11:16:51 AM »
Yup, but iirc you said yourself that documentation is pretty poor. Animation is clear enough to me, but not sure about events. Although, it can wait for post alpha.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2014, 11:20:51 AM by DarkTl »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1857 on: February 20, 2014, 12:54:22 PM »
Yup, but iirc you said yourself that documentation is pretty poor. Animation is clear enough to me, but not sure about events. Although, it can wait for post alpha.

Documentation is a lot better today and that counted mainly for the advanced stuff. Scripting is very well covered, even in the Tutorial Demo.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1858 on: February 20, 2014, 02:50:17 PM »
I'll hold off on too much more testing until you get some more things implemented like that hero setup, sounds good. Well, unless there are crashes/error reports. But don't let bugs get in the way of features.

Missed this post. I'll start working on MC screen tonight but rooting out bugs is just as important. There is no point in adding new features if the current once are broken.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Jaeke

« Reply #1859 on: February 20, 2014, 03:16:34 PM »
Yea but it gives me something new to play with. ;D Gotta keep morale high.