devolution

Author Topic: General Discussion  (Read 3821839 times)

Offline DarkTl

Re: General Discussion
« Reply #1875 on: February 21, 2014, 03:28:19 AM »
Ah, I see. This is sets of rewards from arena_rewards.json that I pushed recently.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
« Reply #1876 on: February 21, 2014, 03:30:58 AM »
Ah, I see. This is sets of rewards from arena_rewards.json that I pushed recently.

Purrfect, I didn't look at that yet but it's settled then.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1877 on: February 21, 2014, 06:34:38 AM »
Should we allow player to pick MCs alignment? Or is it a better bet to make it a part of an event or some guild thing in the future?
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #1878 on: February 21, 2014, 06:41:38 AM »
I think we shouldn't. An event is a good idea, maybe something related to your girls, like if you have high disposition with fire girl, you both could go for a quest, and after that MC will have fire as well.
Maybe it even could be changed unlimited number of times, but the quest should be difficult enough.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1879 on: February 21, 2014, 06:50:15 AM »
I think we shouldn't. An event is a good idea, maybe something related to your girls, like if you have high disposition with fire girl, you both could go for a quest, and after that MC will have fire as well.
Maybe it even could be changed unlimited number of times, but the quest should be difficult enough.

Yeap... something like that, but I want alignment to be constant, changing that should not be possible without scripting.

We also do not have a way to learn spells yet. Should we code in a Mage Guild or some Mage Tower as a location for the Alpha or do something with items (Like a new scroll type consumable)?
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #1880 on: February 21, 2014, 07:02:09 AM »
Well, we do change MC alignment from neutral to something else. While it shouldn't be possible to change it freely and anytime, the option should be there, I think.
It even could be two separate quests. The early and easy one is to obtain alignment, and the difficult optional quest is to change it if player changed his mind.

While I have some good icons for spell books and scrolls, the current item system doesn't support it I'm not mistaken. Although, we could handle it another way: you could find a spell book, but you need to bring it to a Mage Guild to learn the spell.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1881 on: February 21, 2014, 07:08:19 AM »
While I have some good icons for spell books and scrolls, the current item system doesn't support it I'm not mistaken.

? I thought we had that from the very first concept of items system?

Although, we could handle it another way: you could find a spell book, but you need to bring it to a Mage Guild to learn the spell.

To complicated and messy? It doesn't sound too bad but imagine hero at level 70 being required to go to a guild to learn Fire 1 spell if he can already do Fire Arrows and FireBall for example. It's one thing if that knowledge can be learned only at one or two places but with a book/scroll, it should be simpler.

There are plenty of ways to go here actually... gain new spells according to your alignment with levels or the scrolls or the guild or asking girls/NPC to teach you and so on. We just need to pick something for the Alpha.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #1882 on: February 21, 2014, 07:16:14 AM »
Moreover, we have 3 levels of alignment. So if you want lvl 3 fire, you need to do the quest with 3 different fire girls.

? I thought we had that from the very first concept of items system?
Well, if spells are count as skills, then yes. I thought it is another class or something.

There are plenty of ways to go here actually... gain new spells according to your alignment with levels or the scrolls or the guild or asking girls/NPC to teach you and so on.
Hm, I wonder how difficult it would be to code if we assume that fire 3 MC could read any fire scrolls, but he needs a girl with lvl2 darkness to learn a lvl2 darkness spell from a scroll.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1883 on: February 21, 2014, 07:23:39 AM »
Moreover, we have 3 levels of alignment. So if you want lvl 3 fire, you need to do the quest with 3 different fire girls.

Right now we only have one.

Well, if spells are count as skills, then yes. I thought it is another class or something.

There should be options in items. Something like mskills or magic_skills and bskills or battle_skills. I need to take a look at the code.

Hm, I wonder how difficult it would be to code if we assume that fire 3 MC could read any fire scrolls, but he needs a girl with lvl2 darkness to learn a lvl2 darkness spell from a scroll.

Super easy. We would require more logic for spells, there is currently spells don't really have levels, it's only in the names and will not reflect reality in all cases.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #1884 on: February 21, 2014, 07:28:03 AM »
Yup, we need 3 levels for both affinity and spells then.

Maybe spells also should have requirements to magic and/or intelligence, for both girl and MC if we talking about joint study.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1885 on: February 21, 2014, 07:41:12 AM »
Yup, we need 3 levels for both affinity and spells then.

Yeap, if we go this way, we might do a fourth super level that would require two/three level 3 practitioners to learn the spell.

Maybe spells also should have requirements to magic and/or intelligence, for both girl and MC if we talking about joint study.

Another thing that'll be easy to code in. We're talking post or pre-Alpha right now? For the moment, BE only recognizes one level of affinity. This looks like it's not a big deal to code in and I doubt that it actually is but creating content for all of this might take ages. We don't even have enough spells yet.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #1886 on: February 21, 2014, 07:44:44 AM »
Post alpha, no need to delay alpha only to add something not from the to do list.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1887 on: February 21, 2014, 07:48:35 AM »
Post alpha, no need to delay alpha only to add something not from the to do list.

Well, the idea is really good. We can pair it with learning from guild but with girl you can learn it for free and guild would require some crazy fee...

I am doing the stats for the MC now, no idea how to balance those since there is no training for MC yet and a lot hasn't been coded in yet (like interactions) so MC stats are almost not in use outside of combat but I'll do the best I can come up with for now.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #1888 on: February 21, 2014, 07:57:18 AM »
Of course, girls shouldn't teach you too (at least for free) with low enough disposition.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1889 on: February 21, 2014, 09:06:38 AM »
LoL

I am building this MC screen and get a REALLY strong urge to redesign pytfalls world as a space adventure  :D
Like what we're doing?