Author Topic: General Discussion  (Read 3821785 times)

Offline DarkTl

Re: General Discussion
« Reply #1980 on: February 25, 2014, 12:41:40 PM »
Iirc, it takes time for sourceforge to update its database, I read something like that in their faq.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
« Reply #1981 on: February 25, 2014, 12:53:01 PM »
Iirc, it takes time for sourceforge to update its database, I read something like that in their faq.

I believe that only counts for authorization with ssh key instead of a password.

http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s282/superhbob/s1.jpg
http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s282/superhbob/s2.jpg
http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s282/superhbob/s3.jpg
http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s282/superhbob/s4.jpg
http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s282/superhbob/s5.jpg

Not quite so pointless it would seem. You do not have my last update where I've fixed bugs CW reported. Server will not allow you to push yours unless you have mine unless you wish to force it and break stuff.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2014, 12:54:48 PM by Xela »
Like what we're doing?

Offline Armegetton

• . . . . .
« Reply #1982 on: February 25, 2014, 12:56:26 PM »
it shows no updates. when I click pull changes. You're saying there's something later than 147?

craaaap.

p.s. I deleted those screen shots pb is being a putz

I'm re-cloning the whole thing. bah

whiling, I'm coping the pics and files I want to keep, I've noticed that the work bench pretends like I've still pushed my update ... hmm, yeah I think I need to wipe it and start over.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2014, 01:06:55 PM by Armegetton »
This could be the end ...

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1983 on: February 25, 2014, 01:05:27 PM »
I'm re-cloning the whole thing. bah

Ok... but I don't think that will help.

Last commit:     [021d0d] - Quickfix

You do not seem to have it in those screenshots, only the previous one.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Armegetton

• . . . . .
« Reply #1984 on: February 25, 2014, 01:14:02 PM »
Ok, I wiped and re-acquired. ... and somehow this time it has the 147 change ....

I.. guess I'll try to push mine ... again .... let's see if it works.

unfortunately, I'm getting the same message(s).

well, at the very least I want to be able to get updates. I'll set it up for that. Not sure why it keeps screwing up when I try to add things.

mmm, yeah my brain hurts from this and I don't seem to be getting anywhere with it. I think I'll leave it be for now. come back to it later.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2014, 01:24:26 PM by Armegetton »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1985 on: February 25, 2014, 02:53:14 PM »
Damn... this "universal" function to start fights is pain in the @ss. I'll want there to be the ability to put AI fighters on player team as well, if someone you don't know decides to help out, but codebase created for the Arena wasn't prepeared for that... I'll prolly take another hour.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1986 on: February 25, 2014, 05:48:11 PM »
Today wasn't the best of days for me at least... even simplest thing I seem to have gotten right only from 2 - 3 try.

But the battle function is done, I don't think starting battle sequences can get any easier than using it.

Pushed:
- Added A's new girlsmeets
- Added new function for super easy start of battle sequences

-----------------------------------------------
On how to use the function:
Code: [Select]
    def start_battle(player_team, enemy_team, music=None, background=None, pt_ai=False):
        '''
        Bridge to battle engine, idea is to try and make it as easy as possible.
        player_team/enemy_team: iterables
        music: path to a music file
        background: Displayable
        pt_ai: if AI Fighter is required on player team, should be a list of booleans of same length as player_team (True for AI, False for Player control)
        '''

in any label:
Code: [Select]
$ r = start_battle([hero], [copy.deepcopy(choice(pytfall.mobs.values()))], background="bg battle_forest_1")
This will start a fight between hero and randomly chosen mob at it's base powerlevel with forest background for example.

background and music should be obvious.

For iterable a list, tuple or Team should be used. If it's Team, leader will be set to center, if list or tuple, order will be preserved.

It's up to you to give out rewards, take off AP, mod stats or experience as a result of the battle. It will not be possible to die during the battle until death plays a more prominent role in the game. If it's a mob or some NPC you've created, feel free to tell the world that it's dead.

After fight is over, you'll be returned to the same label where you've left of and r or whatever variable you've used will be set to a tuple of (True, <list of dead teammembers> in case of a victory or (False, []) in case of defeat.

I think this is it...
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #1987 on: February 26, 2014, 12:02:38 AM »
I thought I disabled sourceforge spam once and for all, and here we go again...  ::)

About currency name, how about either crows (more   crows) or crowns (more   crowns)?

Offline BlackWolf Inc.

« Reply #1988 on: February 26, 2014, 02:34:43 AM »
If the archtecture style is more medieval like then perhaps currency should be too like florins, talents, denarii or pehsos.
Don't look at me like that! I found 'em that way....

Now no-one else has to die...
unless I think of another reason.

If found, please return to Miss Y. Rhul.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1989 on: February 26, 2014, 06:55:01 AM »
So far I like Crowns, Denarii (RTW) and Talents.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #1990 on: February 26, 2014, 07:43:24 AM »
Well, I still don't see Armegetton among that "Brought to you by" list. Shouldn't everyone with dev rights be there?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1991 on: February 26, 2014, 08:20:53 AM »
Well, I still don't see Armegetton among that "Brought to you by" list. Shouldn't everyone with dev rights be there?

Admins are there, not the developers. I don't recall one project where everyone had admin rights. If managing project correctly gave us any advantage at all, even developer rights would be too much because developer can seriously mess up the repository, basically there is no difference between what a developer and admin can do to the code at all.

You can go to the website, click on Admin button and take a look at UserPermissions. Rudi, longint, Xip have all pushed without any issues from developer rights (and there can be no limitations as to what can be done to the code as explained above). Admin is purely SF website thing. They are often not even coders, just managers so I figured that anyone who contributed to the project for a long time should be on the "brought by" list...

Basically, in a pro team, setup would be:

Me/You/CW = Admins
Rudi = Developers
Xip, A, longint, Jaeke = Members

PS: Jaeke managed to push once as well without any issues if I recall correctly.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2014, 08:33:33 AM by Xela »
Like what we're doing?

Offline Armegetton

• . . . . .
« Reply #1992 on: February 26, 2014, 09:50:30 AM »
I'm probably doing something wrong. All things considered.

I just need to talk to jaeke or one of these other 'member' category people and see what they do to get their stuff working.

No worries though. I don't like stress. If I can't manage to get it working, I can just post or pm an update here, there or somewhere else. I'll keep an eye on the workbench updates to make sure I'm not over writing someone else's stuff as well. and when I get a good chuck of something done, maybe I'll post on weekends. It's still undecided.

I've just got a lot of free time right now because of my surgery recovery vacation time. And I'm getting a headache from games with too many moving animations in them. (xbox games are a 'no go' right now) So, I don't mind doing something to keep myself occupied.

oh, speaking of random silliness. I know I could always use the shift-o to change things, but I changed my code so that drugging a girl turns them into your slave. I also added a class change thing in the girl interactions, just to see if I could and if it would work.

turns out slaves aren't allowed to be guards? I'm not sure why though .... hmm. weird. Speaking of this, are there plans (albeit, probably more complicated or involved) to have class changes? I do know that wm had that dungeon where you could make girls into slaves. Are there similar plans? I think I should probably move that code into a separate file so it doesn't mess up the updates .... yeah.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1993 on: February 26, 2014, 10:22:20 AM »
No worries though. I don't like stress. If I can't manage to get it working, I can just post or pm an update here, there or somewhere else. I'll keep an eye on the workbench updates to make sure I'm not over writing someone else's stuff as well. and when I get a good chuck of something done, maybe I'll post on weekends. It's still undecided.

When you pull and someone has worked on the very same lines that you have, Mercurial cannot auto-resolve the issue. You will be given a choice of methods to fix it yourself.

There is a default HG method where you'll get a texteditor with four fields, one being the main fields and three others being your version, other guys version and one you can edit manually to combine the two. It's also very simple once you try it.

oh, speaking of random silliness. I know I could always use the shift-o to change things, but I changed my code so that drugging a girl turns them into your slave. I also added a class change thing in the girl interactions, just to see if I could and if it would work.

turns out slaves aren't allowed to be guards? I'm not sure why though .... hmm. weird. Speaking of this, are there plans (albeit, probably more complicated or involved) to have class changes? I do know that wm had that dungeon where you could make girls into slaves. Are there similar plans? I think I should probably move that code into a separate file so it doesn't mess up the updates .... yeah.

Yeap, keep that code locally, slaves are not allowed to be trained in combat/work as warriors per design. There are very few story elements we've agreed upon and that was one of them, it'll explained by a slave uprising not so long ago.

We'll have more classes, slavetraining and slaveturning in the future but it will not be as simple as you suggest.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #1994 on: February 26, 2014, 10:52:43 AM »
Oooohkay, it appears that Soul Calibur has too many western style pictures and not enough hentai/anime ones. Screw it, Dead or Alive is next. I'm absolutely sure this title will have more than enough pics of any kind.