Author Topic: General Discussion  (Read 3821214 times)

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
Re: General Discussion
« Reply #2010 on: February 27, 2014, 04:22:54 PM »
Kinda dumb that sf is being retarded like that though.... so .... what's the point of the user ID then? .... lol. whatever

Yeap... When I've added you through ID, it read you nickname correctly, it reported that you've been added corerectly as well. Even big companies have their crap to sort out, recently I've downloaded Windows Update that prevented me from opening 90% of .exe files. Last time that has happened was the 90s and it was a virus :D
Like what we're doing?

Offline CherryWood

« Reply #2011 on: February 27, 2014, 05:36:42 PM »
- pushed a very small addition to interaction (it's just me playing with something more than seriously adding content)

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2012 on: February 27, 2014, 06:22:24 PM »
- pushed a very small addition to interaction (it's just me playing with something more than seriously adding content)

Still better than nothing that I've manged to come up with (just an idea for the event).

Been another hectic day...

Code: [Select]
$int_show("profile", "angry", exclude=["nude","bikini","swimsuit","exposed","beach"], type="first_default")
Profile is always the default (unless an actual default has been specified), it doesn't do do any damage to the game at all. I am just making sure we're all at the same page.
Like what we're doing?

Offline CherryWood

« Reply #2013 on: February 27, 2014, 07:19:34 PM »
Profile is always the default (unless an actual default has been specified), it doesn't do do any damage to the game at all. I am just making sure we're all at the same page.
???  Thanks a lot. I somewhat managed to totally forget that there is also a "normal" behavior...

I'll look into it again (and I'll try to do something with the first interaction pic too).

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #2014 on: February 27, 2014, 11:44:28 PM »
No idea why do they need user id at all, however when you try to add someone, it says "enter username". Nothing about id.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2015 on: February 28, 2014, 05:04:31 AM »
No idea why do they need user id at all, however when you try to add someone, it says "enter username". Nothing about id.

Come on... why accept IDs then? I might as well enter Bing-Tiddle-Tiddle-Bong but that ain't going to be accepted...
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #2016 on: February 28, 2014, 06:09:24 AM »
I have a theory that you have to use ssh key if you registered via id.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2017 on: February 28, 2014, 06:36:25 AM »
I have a theory that you have to use ssh key if you registered via id.

Not impossible but unlikely since you don't seem to be getting write permission through ssh protocol. I used to connect through ssh but pushing using that is too easy and I often remember few small things that while typing in the password :)
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #2018 on: February 28, 2014, 11:07:43 AM »
Strange, I can't find any mention of id in the sourceforge documentation.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2019 on: February 28, 2014, 11:40:45 AM »
Strange, I can't find any mention of id in the sourceforge documentation.

Aah, who cares? It's clear that new people should only be added through usernames. I want to see if I can improve the MainMenu this weekend (from blank background) and Menu from the default. Should be doable but with my graphical skills  :'(

Maybe someone on the crew will find time for interactions or girlsmeets as well. Magic is still waiting to be added.

===========
Oh, I'll put in some more checks and mp3s as well. If anyone knows/can find better tunes or simply missing tracks, let me know or just throw them into the game through "choice()"
« Last Edit: February 28, 2014, 11:55:55 AM by Xela »
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #2020 on: February 28, 2014, 11:52:35 AM »
I'll try to figure magic at this weekend. As for soundtracks, here we go.
It's up to you whether to add them or not to the repository. I know I will add them to my copy of the game when it will be ready  :)

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2021 on: February 28, 2014, 12:00:59 PM »
I'll try to figure magic at this weekend. As for soundtracks, here we go.
It's up to you whether to add them or not to the repository. I know I will add them to my copy of the game when it will be ready  :)

I need concrete examples, like track: location no more mp3s... anyway, I am gonna wrap up music flags and start with the damn menu!
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #2022 on: February 28, 2014, 12:33:01 PM »
I can't possibly be specific enough until you push your mp3s. I created music folder in my db, you can find some tracks there that are not overused in the source game.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2023 on: March 01, 2014, 07:44:39 AM »
I can't possibly be specific enough until you push your mp3s. I created music folder in my db, you can find some tracks there that are not overused in the source game.

Hmm, Kamidori OSTs are good, maybe we can use a couple for girl's screens. I had a pretty messed up week so I had a "few already today" :) I did some work figuring Ren'Py code and functions, modifying main screen and game menu. I don't think I can do it really well even with complete knowledge of Ren'Py and Python, someone with design skills or simply a good eye for GUI is required, but I'll do what I can. I'll resume my work tonight and hopefully update SF before tomorrow.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #2024 on: March 01, 2014, 08:16:41 AM »
Looks like so far we only have projective and instant magic. I've been thinking about rays of some kind, when the continuous beam shoots to the enemy.