devolution

Author Topic: General Discussion  (Read 3821211 times)

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
Re: General Discussion
« Reply #2190 on: March 13, 2014, 03:23:19 PM »
Don't you have a situation with a certain half-npc, half-girl to fix?  ::)

We've discussed it and decided to leave everything as it is. Better explanation after cloning and maybe an event as well.

Yeah-yeah, I have 16500 pics in my packs totally, wanna try some?  :D

LoL

That's your own fault! I've asked for three - four packs tops for the @
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #2191 on: March 13, 2014, 03:31:07 PM »
Oookay, I was under impression that the event will be an easter egg for cloning during alpha, but if you say so.

Offline Armegetton

• . . . . .
« Reply #2192 on: March 13, 2014, 04:14:46 PM »
Well, not any time soon...

I see six options here:

1) Try to contact Rudi via Email and see if he can write me a simple guide to the work environment that he used to create the tagger or even made the required modification himself.

2) Abandon the XMP data system and code new filename based tagging software in Ren'Py.

3) Use the old version. I just took a look at it and I wouldn't have a problem tagging with it.

4) Find a programmer familiar with Qt/PyInstaller/Python/XMP/Image libs that could reverse engineer the GUI or create a similar one (logic is opensourced).

Last two options are recoding the entire thing in Ren'Py as it is in Qt or me figuring out how to work with Qt and PyInstaller.

=================
Personally I favor option 3. I consider that software is more than adequate as it is + I can retag 1 or 2 packs myself for slavetraining and if it turns out to be an interesting addition, I am sure people will pick it up eventually.

My second favorite is option 2, cause than I could also add girl, item, event editor and easy ways to edit other stuff but that's something I was planning to do only after 1.0 cause constantly changing the editors as content evolves is very time consuming and I didn't really see any increase in activity for content creation for OtherWorld after Daisy added editors to the game.

---
Perfect scenario would obviously be successfully contacting Rudi but it's a longshot :(

I know you've already stated this, however, I agree. Let's not worry about fixing/changing/etc the tagging system until after the alpha release.

Also, *ding* the fries are done.

pushed all of sysreq's work and some of my own edits in the peevish file.

Carry on, good sirs.
This could be the end ...

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2193 on: March 13, 2014, 04:38:37 PM »
Oookay, I was under impression that the event will be an easter egg for cloning during alpha, but if you say so.

Me writing event for the original Blue might not be a very good idea since I have absolutely no idea on what she's like.

If you want, I can give it a try.

pushed all of sysreq's work and some of my own edits in the peevish file.

Awesome! I'll take a look into that and see if I can get forest shop witch to teach some fire magic.

Events are fixed, also a number of other bugs that took me hours to clear could have been fixed in 5 minutes with two lines of code I've come up with tonight :)

==========
I'll change back:

"Amn’t!"

That's genuine Irish slang unless this article is full of sh!t: http://www.quickanddirtytips.com/education/grammar/how-to-speak-english-like-the-irish

==========
Damn... Sysreq really fixed quite a bit of typos/grammar, didn't know we sucked that much   :D
« Last Edit: March 13, 2014, 04:50:59 PM by Xela »
Like what we're doing?

Offline CherryWood

« Reply #2194 on: March 13, 2014, 06:23:14 PM »
==========
Damn... Sysreq really fixed quite a bit of typos/grammar, didn't know we sucked that much   :D
Yup, great findings. Thanks!
I don't agree with only about 6 changes: barking -> yapping, tasty ass -> nice ass (i think it just sounds better how it originally was in AA game);
ok -> okay, got it -> alright, yeah -> yes in some "strict morals" trait lines (this girl is supposed to sound more direct, she's not gentle at all)

So if you don't mind much I revert these few back too.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2014, 06:43:14 PM by CherryWood »

Offline Armegetton

• . . . . .
« Reply #2195 on: March 13, 2014, 07:39:14 PM »
Me writing event for the original Blue might not be a very good idea since I have absolutely no idea on what she's like.

If you want, I can give it a try.

Awesome! I'll take a look into that and see if I can get forest shop witch to teach some fire magic.

Events are fixed, also a number of other bugs that took me hours to clear could have been fixed in 5 minutes with two lines of code I've come up with tonight :)

==========
I'll change back:

"Amn’t!"

That's genuine Irish slang unless this article is full of sh!t: http://www.quickanddirtytips.com/education/grammar/how-to-speak-english-like-the-irish

==========

My apologies, I can't tell between things you did on purpose versus on accident.
This could be the end ...

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2196 on: March 13, 2014, 07:46:25 PM »
It's fine :)

Didn't get to far with the Fire training so I'll have to catch up tomorrow I guess. It's kinda awesome that I managed to clear that event bug (cause same issue could have or possibly did mess with different parts of the game).
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #2197 on: March 14, 2014, 12:49:10 AM »
Oki, I finished all unique packs that I planned for now. Now I'll see what I can do with random ones.

Um, I doubt slaves at the slavemarket are allowed to talk or act. You don't have to write anything about the original, except the fact that MC sees her and Blue at the same time.

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #2198 on: March 14, 2014, 03:06:10 AM »
It's his nickname exactly as it is on the forums + @gmail.com.
Nope, doesn't exist.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2199 on: March 14, 2014, 05:52:03 AM »
Nope, doesn't exist.

Well... he deleted it then. He is registered in DropBox and on forums with it and those require replies.

Maybe cutting off Hentai was his newyears resolution and he kept it? :D

Um, I doubt slaves at the slavemarket are allowed to talk or act. You don't have to write anything about the original, except the fact that MC sees her and Blue at the same time.

Right... well it's not a priority but I'll add something if I get a chance. I fecking hate doing stuff like that when there is more important tasks to be done.

Edit: Hid the email acc from bots.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2014, 06:27:37 AM by Xela »
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #2200 on: March 14, 2014, 06:04:58 AM »
Ok, I tried again, it's working this time. Google has some issues today, youtube and gmail are both unstable. Couldn't even check my mailbox this morning.

Right... well it's not a priority but I'll add something if I get a chance. I fecking hate doing stuff like that when there is more important tasks to be done.
Like what? You said yourself that 90% of remaining work are texts for meetings. That's why I proposed both new tagger and the Blue event in the first place  :)

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2201 on: March 14, 2014, 06:19:46 AM »
Like what? You said yourself that 90% of remaining work are texts for meetings. That's why I proposed both new tagger and the Blue event in the first place  :)

I don't want to delay @ so I'll do those myself. Also more events that teach magic and some form of MC training is required. More events are needed in general so the game feels less empty.

You still have to add magic/attacks to mobs + some new spells.

====
I am going to put more logic in interactions myself, texts as well if noone else will.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #2202 on: March 14, 2014, 06:28:24 AM »
many mobs don't have an affinity. Thus, we need things like strong attack/accurate attack/whatever attack for neutral mobs if you want a proper fight.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2203 on: March 14, 2014, 06:31:54 AM »

Stop being such a perfectionist and add the damned magic! :)
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #2204 on: March 14, 2014, 07:03:50 AM »
Let's say we have strings
"bskills": {"WhateverAttack": 1},
"mskills": {"WhateverSpell": 1}

How often they will be used? 50/50 each one?