devolution

Author Topic: General Discussion  (Read 3821664 times)

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
Re: General Discussion
« Reply #2205 on: March 14, 2014, 07:05:19 AM »
Let's say we have strings
"bskills": {"WhateverAttack": 1},
"mskills": {"WhateverSpell": 1}

How often they will be used? 50/50 each one?

Yeap, that's right. They can have more than one attack/mskill obviously.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #2206 on: March 14, 2014, 07:22:35 AM »
Ok, so the higher value, the more useage the skill has. What is max/min values? Or they are relative?
Like, is there any difference between (skill A:1, skill B:2) and (skill A:100, skill B:200) if we don't have any other skills?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2207 on: March 14, 2014, 07:52:15 AM »
If I recall correctly, they are relative but I would not do 100, 200 because AI might have more skills to choose from that are not being preset.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2208 on: March 14, 2014, 08:07:02 AM »
On a separate subject: Do you guys think it would be a good idea to disable read access to non-dev team members before the Alpha?

Since we'll be adding events now mostly, those are easier to test and there doesn't seem to be any feedback from people who download the repo except from dev team members anyway? Would make more sense if some events came as a surprise (it will still be possible to download the repo version for everybody, just not as convenient as it is right now).
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #2209 on: March 14, 2014, 08:34:29 AM »
Yeah, make sense.

We also should do something with folders structure. Looks like many people are confused when it comes to adding packs.
I don't remember which one of my unique packs is the smallest one, probably Lodoss War. We probably should add it and some random one too to the repo, I suspect some people even dropped the game because of it  :D

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2210 on: March 14, 2014, 08:40:05 AM »
Yeah, make sense.

We also should do something with folders structure. Looks like many people are confused when it comes to adding packs.
I don't remember which one of my unique packs is the smallest one, probably Lodoss War. We probably should add it and some random one too to the repo, I suspect some people even dropped the game because of it  :D

@ will be released with all rg packs and some unique once (others will be available as additional downloads) packs, that will hopefully clear things up a bit. I'll update the front post.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2211 on: March 14, 2014, 07:19:42 PM »
- Witch now teaches Air/Fire magic
- New buttons/styles
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #2212 on: March 15, 2014, 03:37:30 AM »
Spells could use descriptions too. Can't wait to write them, actually  :)

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #2213 on: March 15, 2014, 04:56:38 AM »
All right, pushed a couple of things, spells and mobs are almost ready. Tomorrow I have to be at work for a couple of hours, it will be a great time to add spells to mobs. For now random packs again, while danbooru is online (yesterday it wasn't).

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2214 on: March 15, 2014, 07:09:35 AM »
All right, pushed a couple of things, spells and mobs are almost ready. Tomorrow I have to be at work for a couple of hours, it will be a great time to add spells to mobs. For now random packs again, while danbooru is online (yesterday it wasn't).

Just downloaded it, what the hell is with the insane multipliers like 4.2/8? Don't push this over 2.5 or we'll have shitty balancing issues with magic vs weapons again.

Why did you remove the generic earth spells btw?
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #2215 on: March 15, 2014, 07:15:26 AM »
Just downloaded it, what the hell is with the insane multipliers like 4.2/8?
Those spells have very high cost too btw. One cast per fight, basically.

Why did you remove the generic earth spells btw?
Because they suck, both in name and animation. Other default spells could be used after renaming, I guess, but this one is especially bad.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2216 on: March 15, 2014, 07:19:33 AM »
Those spells have very high cost too btw. One cast per fight, basically.

Edit:

damage=4.2, cost=10 = New earth spell making it 2x more powerful than any other spell in the game that cost 10 or even 12. :(

Yeah, but it will still be shitty balance even at high cost at high levels where MP is no longer a problem. I don't want to see magic that much more powerful than weapons in @.

Because they suck, both in name and animation. Other default spells could be used after renaming, I guess, but this one is especially bad.

I don't mind... + they are already in learning dicts. Leave them for the Alpha (I've restored them in my version already).
« Last Edit: March 15, 2014, 07:25:58 AM by Xela »
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #2217 on: March 15, 2014, 09:18:07 AM »
damage=4.2, cost=10
My bad, didn't notice.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2218 on: March 15, 2014, 09:32:03 AM »
So... with the witch teaching air/fire for the Alpha, we just need one more/two more NPCs for Light/Dark. Then something for hero training (I could use some ideas here):

Options:

1) AP/Training on the next day setup in the hero menu screen

2) NPC training (Like Xeona could train weapons skills/witch magic skills and so on, maybe with limits to what they are capable of teaching like in Elder Scrolls)

3 - x) Anything you guys can come up with.

(with training I mean the daily stat mining, obviously stats will be gained during events/interactions and so on as well)

=======
Past that... some generic location events, maybe one or two girls events, maybe some Blue-related cloning easter-egg, I would love to have some deep events as well (like enabling purchase of new building or different slavemarket or something at least slightly game-changing) but that takes time and thought and maybe game is not even ready for something like that at Alpha stage.

What else? Some simple dungeon I wanted to plant in as an easter egg as well but that might take a while to create a decent one unless we use sewers/desert or similar a tilemap...
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #2219 on: March 15, 2014, 09:42:30 AM »
You could use the leprechaun's sister, peevish.png in my db, for light/darkness. You were right about the other picture, it's a nightmare when you try to delete background there.

I agree with Xeona training and Skyrim-like limits.
We also have a lot of misc items that increase stats. If you make sure that they will work properly on MC, we won't need selftrainig.