Author Topic: General Discussion  (Read 3821838 times)

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
Re: General Discussion
« Reply #2280 on: March 18, 2014, 07:16:09 PM »
Kewl.

Just pushed a small update. It'll take a while for me to get a hang of interactions, prolly deleted more than added today :D

Had a decent idea on how to add animated text pop-ups on disposition changes during girlsmeets/interaction, maybe we'll add something like that before/after the @.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2281 on: March 18, 2014, 09:01:11 PM »
Just played the game a little bit without dev mode, some thoughts:

- First chain of mobs in the arena are too easy and allow mining gold/items almost with 0 effort, their strength should be increased, only the first enemy should be at players starting level.

- Found/fixed a bug where brothels address in memory was being reported instead of the name :)

- Game is very playable... better than I've expected. Girlsmeets written by me award disposition too generously and gms by CW award to little.

- Arena permit and maybe spells should be more expensive.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #2282 on: March 19, 2014, 03:24:02 AM »
Well, we need both cheap and expensive spells for different levels, but we don't have enough of them yet.

And portraits don't suffer from issues that profile pics often have - different outfits or body proportions - so they are much more suited for situations where the girl mood can change a lot.
Indeed. But I'm not sure how to make it right. Big quest pics are more beautiful than small portraits, generally.

Offline CherryWood

« Reply #2283 on: March 19, 2014, 04:38:27 AM »
JGirlsmeets written by me award disposition too generously and gms by CW award to little.

It's because I expected that there wil be dates or love endings or something like that in the future and that disposition in gms will use only a portion of the stat range, like 600 max. But it's still awards low, I admit.
 Concept of recruiting girls by just randomly meeting them and inceasing disposition is still kind of weird. Maybe we should theme or explain it a little differently post alpha.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2284 on: March 19, 2014, 05:11:23 AM »
Indeed. But I'm not sure how to make it right. Big quest pics are more beautiful than small portraits, generally.

I am in no way suggesting a substitution. It would just make some things easier if portraits were used in addition to pictures.

It's because I expected that there wil be dates or love endings or something like that in the future and that disposition in gms will use only a portion of the stat range, like 600 max. But it's still awards low, I admit.
 Concept of recruiting girls by just randomly meeting them and inceasing disposition is still kind of weird. Maybe we should theme or explain it a little differently post alpha.

I see... we'll there might be in the future... It's not that weird but I am open to suggestions, if you have an idea on how it can be improved/replaced beyond what is already planned, let me know.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #2285 on: March 19, 2014, 10:13:39 AM »
Well, in your demo version there was a miniquest for Tifa. Perhaps a random (or not a random if pack maker makes his own) quest for everyone or something...

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2286 on: March 19, 2014, 12:44:07 PM »
Well, in your demo version there was a miniquest for Tifa. Perhaps a random (or not a random if pack maker makes his own) quest for everyone or something...

There should still be a default... basically you suggest to scrap girlsmeets and go with a quest per girl instead of girlsmeets + quest per girl as we have now?

===
Don't know what to do tonight, struggle with interactions again/write some modding guide/add mc training to some NPCs...
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #2287 on: March 19, 2014, 01:14:13 PM »
Nope, I mean something like girlsmeets->quests->dates->more quests->...->profit  :)

So you need to earn some disposition at each stage to reach the next one. It will wait for post alpha, of course.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2288 on: March 19, 2014, 04:45:43 PM »
Can someone play PyTFall in Fullscreen mode for a while to see if it minimizes for no apparent reason? I get this annoying bug and cannot figure out where it comes from... driving me nuts.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Jaeke

« Reply #2289 on: March 20, 2014, 12:15:35 AM »
No minimize error here after about an hour in fullscreen.

next day error
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/library/screens/pyt - screens - witches hut.rpy", line 21, in script call
  File "game/library/screens/pyt - screens - nextday.rpy", line 10, in script
  File "game/library/screens/pyt - screens - nextday.rpy", line 61, in python
  File "game/library/classes - jobs.rpy", line 1188, in python
  File "game/library/classes - jobs.rpy", line 1488, in python
KeyError: 'intelligence'

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "C:\renpy-6.16.5-sdk\renpy\execution.py", line 294, in run
    node.execute()
  File "C:\renpy-6.16.5-sdk\renpy\ast.py", line 720, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "C:\renpy-6.16.5-sdk\renpy\python.py", line 1358, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec bytecode in globals, locals
  File "game/library/screens/pyt - screens - nextday.rpy", line 61, in <module>
    WhoreJob(whore, client, brothel, whores, clients)
  File "game/library/classes - jobs.rpy", line 1188, in __init__
    self.guard_event()
  File "game/library/classes - jobs.rpy", line 1488, in guard_event
    self.girlmod['intelligence'] += random.choice([0,1])
KeyError: 'intelligence'

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2290 on: March 20, 2014, 02:20:51 AM »
Yeah... I thought it was just me :(

Both of those errors are fixed (second one is next day being run from witches hut...).
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2291 on: March 20, 2014, 04:36:39 AM »
Ok... I've spent about 3 - 4 hours just playing the game yesterday and it's not as bad as I thought, so we're more or less ready for @.

I'll code in some form of training for hero tonight, leave interactions as they are now because I cannot wrap my head around everything I'd like interactions to be capable of doing so the plan is to slowly add to them/to the code during the post Alpha review.

Some stuff that still needs to be done as well, most of this are one liners codewise:

- Less conditioning for girlsmeets, current setup is preventing lots of girls from appearing.
- Slave Market should refresh at shorter intervals.
- Disable right-mouse-click opening game-menu. (Maybe find a way to have one setting in dev more and the other under normal gameplay?)
- Add load-quicksave to the main menu
- Raise multiplier for goblins horde.
- Prevent Arena Girls from participating in GirlsMeets.
- Proper conditioning for all events.
- Slightly lower disposition bonus from my GMs.
- Turn who window into a frame.
- Fix one of the Arena win screens from being shown instead of called (causes Arena music to be played simultaneously with winning track).
- Prevent winning track from being played on defeat (if it does*).

If there is anything else or if there is anything else you want to do/or need me to do before the @, let me know. I'll start clearing this list and add some basic training for MC and try to release an @ this weekend or next weekend at it's latest.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #2292 on: March 20, 2014, 01:50:38 PM »
About time. I'll finalize angel rg and fix all data files according to new stats system, and will add race fields too asap.
I hope you didn't forget to add into the game both race field and this.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2293 on: March 20, 2014, 02:05:47 PM »
this.

This will have to wait post-Alpha, I am not sure how interactions should be coded at the moment. Just out of curiosity, how do you see this? I mean what pictures should be displayed?

Edit:

race field

Done, I've also finished training code, Xeona, Abby and Aine will do the training. About to test and debug it right now.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2014, 02:18:24 PM by Xela »
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #2294 on: March 20, 2014, 02:37:24 PM »
Not much choice here, either les+partner hidden, or two les for both girls simultaneously or one after another.